Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q-Con XIX - 22-24 June 2012

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

If I had of known the games were getting treated better I would have come... the "nerfing" is the reason I haven't gone for the last couple years.

Not that that is your fault, Yreval! :)
    Nerfing in what way? We didn't run things to full-on tournament standards (e.g. it was only single-elim after groups) due to general time and equipment restraints but I've made an effort each year to try and run the games better and better. Shame to hear that someone thought the games were being treated badly in previous years.

Not sure if I'm doing it next year, though!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Vyze wrote: »
    Nerfing in what way? We didn't run things to full-on tournament standards (e.g. it was only single-elim after groups) due to general time and equipment restraints but I've made an effort each year to try and run the games better and better. Shame to hear that someone thought the games were being treated badly in previous years.

Not sure if I'm doing it next year, though!

Last year you pretty much told me the upper echelons of the people who ran Q con weren't happy with SSF4 and the time it took, and that was part of it getting squashed into a small tournament then... which led to me not going (I don't mind travelling at all for tournaments, but it sounded like a lot of money for little gaming)!

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

Was great craic. Ended up sleeping in for the BlazBlue tournament on Sunday morning since it was at 10am for sign ups and I went to sleep at 8am from Monkey Business the night before! :P

Go Team FGT! :P 2nd Place in Halo, despite running around like headless chickens for most of the games trolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

Last year you pretty much told me the upper echelons of the people who ran Q con weren't happy with SSF4 and the time it took, and that was part of it getting squashed into a small tournament then... which led to me not going (I don't mind travelling at all for tournaments, but it sounded like a lot of money for little gaming)!
    By squashed, it was still groups into brackets, it was just single elim instead of double.

Last year some things ran on due to certain staffing issues which were ironed out this year. Thankfully due to ungodly amounts of planning, no tournaments ran over their expected times this year, although a networking issue did cause MW3 and GOW3 to start a little late. Then again last year SSF4 had a much bigger turnout, this year the fighting games just simply weren't as popular as they had been previously. I don't know if this is people getting bored of Marvel/SF4/BB or whatever, but when Naruto Generations has a comparable amount of entrants and creates infinitely more hype and interest than the normal fighters, something's up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement