Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Underactive Thyroid?

Options
  • 29-04-2012 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi I don't know if I should be posting here or not. Well anyways for the past 5 years I just haven't been feeling right. I've been gaining weight rapidly, feeling tired and sleeping for really long periods of time, losing my hair, suffered really badly with dry skin, bad moods like I snap at everyone over everything, I cry for no reason, just feel generally depressed all the time. My periods are really heavy and painful to the point I feel like I'm about to pass out. I'm always cold and constantly daydream and can't concentrate. My body just feels like it's aching all over. I dunno if this has anything to do with the same thing but a month ago I developed a gum infection and was put on antibiotics. Then 2 weeks later it appeared again and i started getting sharp pains in my ribs and my heart started racing and I couldn't breathe. They'd go after 20 minutes but last Saturday I had one that lasted about 4 hours. Went to the doctor on Monday and was told I had a kidney infection and have been taking antibiotics. Thing is I just feel horrible. The pains are gone but I just have a general feeling of feeling horrible. I can't describe it. I only woke up after a 13 hour sleep and I feel exhausted.

I googled all my symptoms and they all match up with an underactive thyroid gland, even the one third of my eyebrow is missing haha. I literally have every single symptom. I have suspected for years that I've had this but I'm about 85% sure right now that I have this as thyroid problems run in my family. My auntie and grandmother had thyroid problems. How do I go about getting tested for this? Even if I don't have it, I'd like to get it ruled out instead of forgetting about it. Thanks:)

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

It all sounds very familiar ditzy :)

Your GP needs to do a blood test for you! That's your first port of call. Good luck with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

as above, attend your gp for a physical exam and bloods

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement