Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Technical Drawing (Communication Graphics)

Options
  • 29-04-2012 2:52pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 127 ✭✭

Hello reader! ;)
    Maybe you could tell me whats definitely coming up for Design and Communication Graphic Higher Level - exam 20th June 2012.
    Or maybe someone has a clue what could come up this year :confused:
    Also big thanks to those who sharing thoughts - Thank you so much guys!
    All the best to you's :)

P.S. - http://www.t4.ie/ Maybe you know any other websites where to improve your Technical Drawing knowledge just tell us if there is any other you know!!! ;)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭justBlake

with DG there is no definite question but I dont think interpenetration will come up and I'll bet Lamina's will. Id love to see Di/Tri/axonomertic come up as they are possibly the easiest questions in DCG and hopefully some perspective will come up too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

I want axonometric projection!! :P

And I wouldn't even mind interpenetration at this stage, you get most of the marks for making a decent attempt at it. :D

eah i only ralised how easy interpenetration is when revising it. my teacher said you pass my literally justt drawing what what they gave you and having a guess at a point or 2. axo/di/tri etc are soooo easy its JC stuff really would love it to come up. perspective you just need to draw the basic setup and a little bit to pass and now that we've got 30-40% in the bag too im confident ill get at least a C3

Yeah all I did for my mock for interpenetration was copy down was given. Think I got 22/45. :D

Same:D but now I actually know how to finish them :O

• Advertisement

I'm waiting to learn that. Hope to god it's a nice paper! :P

its really easy just draw an auxillary and bring the points youve found back

I always forget how to draw the auxiliary. :o I know where to draw it though. :P

pick a surface which will help you veiw as many points of interpenetration as possible and set up our x1y1 parrallel to it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 127 ✭✭n0ak

justBlake wrote: »
    with DG there is no definite question but I dont think interpenetration will come up and I'll bet Lamina's will. Id love to see Di/Tri/axonomertic come up as they are possibly the easiest questions in DCG and hopefully some perspective will come up too

What you mean by Lamina's will ? :)

• Advertisement

Togepi wrote: »
    I'm waiting to learn that. Hope to god it's a nice paper! :P

mee too :p

well its the one thing that you can almost garauntee to come up because its always popping up.

I would pay for it to be an easy paper

justBlake wrote: »
    well its the one thing that you can almost garauntee to come up because its always popping up.

I would pay for it to be an easy paper
    good man 10Q;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 bohemian rhapsody

Any last predictions for higher level DCG?? What are easiest questions that will get me good marks? Think I got roughly 25% in project?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 bohemian rhapsody

If you drop to ordinary level DCG on day of exam how does examiner work out your marks as you would have done higher level project?Anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Cathalog

If you drop to ordinary level DCG on day of exam how does examiner work out your marks as you would have done higher level project?Anyone know?

Although I'm not 100% on this, I believe you're marked as any higher level student is for the project. And those points are added to the ordinary exam.

I THINK, this is true.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Mista

Togepi wrote: »
    I always forget how to draw the auxiliary. :o I know where to draw it though. :P

Look along the slope of the interpenetration.. like continue on the lines down draw x1y1, get points from plan, drawn. Penetrating shape should appear as it does in the top right view :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Mr. Tambourine Man

Any last predictions for higher level DCG?? What are easiest questions that will get me good marks? Think I got roughly 25% in project?

I did this out yesterday when the physics predictions worked out so beautifully!

DCG Short Questions
    2009S Axonometric-Solids in contact-Perspective-Skew Lines
    2009 Parabolas-Axonometric-Solids in Contact-Perspective
    2010 Parabolas-Axonometric-Oblique Planes -Skew Lines
    2011 Parabolas-Tetrahedron-Solids in Contact-Skew Lines

DCG Long Questions
    2009S Intersecting Solids-Intersecting planes-Development
    2009 Intersecting Solids -Intersecting Planes-Parabolas (+oblique)
    2010 Perspective -Intersecting Planes-Oblique
    2011 Intersection of solids-Axonometric -Parabolas

*The ones in italics were the ones on the sample paper
    *They have also been arranged in an order in which to try and see patterns

Most popular topics in order of marks given (over the three years, excluding sample papers)

Parabolas 20x3 45x2 = 150
    Intersecting planes/ Skew 20x2 45x2 = 130
    Intersecting Solids 45x2 = 90
    Perspectives 20x2 45x1 = 85
    Axonometrics 20x2 45x1 = 85
    Solids in Contact 20x2 = 40
    Obliques 45x2 20x2 = 40

To me, (and don't rely on this, its only speculation!) in the short questions, parabolas, axonometric, perspectives and oblique planes look likely.. Tetrahedons could rare their damn heads aswell

In the long questions, intersecting planes, perspectives, obliques, axonometrics look likely

There really isn't any way to tell though, the course is so new

What do you guys think, looking at that?

Advertisement