Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAMSAT without science degree

Options
  • 29-04-2012 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hey, I want to sit the GAMSAT and I'm doing a law (LL.B) in NUI Maynooth. I know that section three is science based (first year chem and bio, LC physics) and I was wondering if anyone has done it without a science degree and how it went for them? Any information would be appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I haven't sat it but have friends who have. They did Engineering so would have only covered the Physics part however both had also done Chemistry to leaving cert. From what I've heard, it's leaving cert with a bit added on. Have you done any of the subjects up to leaving?

There's a thread here on it
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056300150

• Registered Users Posts: 42 doyler93

gubbie wrote: »
    I haven't sat it but have friends who have. They did Engineering so would have only covered the Physics part however both had also done Chemistry to leaving cert. From what I've heard, it's leaving cert with a bit added on. Have you done any of the subjects up to leaving?

There's a thread here on it
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056300150

I've done all three for the leaving cert and got good grades in all of them. Would that suffice?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭._.

doyler93 wrote: »
    I've done all three for the leaving cert and got good grades in all of them. Would that suffice?
    Go study...

You can also do prep courses and things for it, you might want to look into one of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Wisco

I did it in Mar 2011 without a science degree, and without ever having taken physics. I did take chemistry in school, but it was about 15 years before I took GAMSAT so didn't remember much!! Section 1 and 2 definitely were what got me through it- got high enough marks to compensate for relatively low section 3 mark.
    Check out the GAMSAT forum over in health sciences for more info. I got the score I wanted on the first go and did a good bit of study on my own- no courses, just bought some MCAT and GAMSAT practice tests and questions. It's a tough day, but worth it if you can get into the course you want!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 kingofkong

law is actually a good degree for doing the GAMSAT, generally lawheads nail section 1 and 2 even if they are complete gimps

• Advertisement
Advertisement