Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Most embarrassing thing you've ever done or seen someone do.

• 29-04-2012 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Soooo what's the most cringeworthy thing you have ever done or see someone do. You know the moments that will constantly live with you and never go away and just make you shake your head with shame/embarrassment when you think of it. Please do share:pac:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭ZzubZzub

I once started a thread asking people about embarrassing things they've done, without giving an example myself!! Oh the shame!! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Well, there was this one time, at band camp.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

Mate of mine took a massive poo on a shovel,next door neighbours apartment door was open and he flipped it under the sink hidden by a few cleaning bottles.
    Our neighbour was always playing pranks on us,young college students in the states as ya do.
    The smell out if that kitchen for 2 weeks was awful and he couldn't figure it out til his missis put her hand on it.
    A bit ashamed to be party to the prank but at the time got a great laugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

The time I was so drunk I tried to use the tradesman's entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭DitzyPoo92

When I was younger, I was drunk on my 4 cans of Druids and was on a swing getting pushed by a mate and I wanted to get off but he wouldn't stop pushing me so I simply just made myself fall off it face first and was lying there face into the ground. I turned over and was lying in my spilled can with it all in my hair and refused to get up, declaring I was dead and couldn't move. To this day I still cringe at the thought. And friends still bring it up:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

Does anyone else just scroll though threads like this looking for the thanked posts ignoring those without thanks then leaving?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

A horse mounted me while i was on duty at the Smithfield horse fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭flanders1979

44leto wrote: »
    A horse mounted me while i was on duty at the Smithfield horse fair.

The foreplay was non existant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

The Macarena.

Awful - what was I thinking? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Kamjana

One time in primary school i got thrown out of the class for messing,and while i was outside i really needed to use the toilet,but seen as the toilets were in the class the teacher wouldnt let me back in to use it.....so i took a shit in the bin in the hallway!,actually i wasnt embarrassed it stank out the place for hours :D

• Advertisement

I was riding someone on the living room sofa and my ma came down, she opened the door and closed it again. I was only 19 so I carried on, I was still a bit drunk, I called a taxi for her and went to bed.

The next morning I awoke got out of bed and I remembered. I got back into bed and I stayed there never wanting to get up. I eventually came down, with my eyes to the ground and I poured some cornflakes.

Then the questions began, who was that girl, I muttered a name, when did you meet her, "last night", did you wear protection, then a primal scream erupted "MAHHHHH stop asking me about this". My red face could be seen from space and it omitted so much heat it was interfering with the tele.

My da then made me clean the sofa and gave me a stern talking to about respect for women. The girl rang me about 4 to 5 times after that, she was nice and we did relate at the party and I did like her, but no-way was it going any further.

It was the worse most cringe worthy day i ever had.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭njals_saga

Once I saw a guy on Dublin Bus ring the bell. As the bus nears his stop the doors open and this guy, thinking he´s awesome, jumps out as the bus is still moving, his momentum taking him into a wall. The best part was the bus stopped to pick some people up, so this dude had to limp away with the whole bus taking the piss out of him.

njals_saga wrote: »
    Once I saw a guy on Dublin Bus ring the bell. As the bus nears his stop the doors open and this guy, thinking he´s awesome jumps out as the bus is still moving, his momentum taking into a wall. The best part was the bus stopped to pick some people up, so this dude had to limp away with the whole bus taking the piss out of him.

While cycling to work hungover I crashed into a parked car across from a crowded bus stop, I cheered a lot of them up on that Monday morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

Was out for a romantic walk with my then girlfriend around town when we turned a corner and there was a wino we both knew squatting with his pants down having a crap.
    He just carried on and smiled at us and went"Grand day lads"

Nothing more romantic than the smell of a hobos fresh sh1t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Mickey Dazzler

I once took really strong acid and shat myself in the middle of a house party. It was not some watery fart either, I completely covered myself in shite.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Fizgig Bandicoot

I once took really strong acid and shat myself in the middle of a house party. It was not some watery fart either, I completely covered myself in shite.

I'd say that didn't really encourage you to have a good trip!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,140 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Agricola wrote: »
    The time I was so drunk I tried to use the tradesman's entrance.

I live in a huge mansion as well, so many fuckin doors it drives ya mad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Intensive Care Bear

One day i came home from work and in a hurry to get in the shower removed my work trousers and pants in one swift movement. The next morning i put said work trousers on and headed off to work completely forgetting to remove yesterdays pants. Well over the course of a few hours the boxers managed to slide down my leg until they were hanging out over the heal of my left boot. So there i was walking around a building site for a few hours with a pair of dirty boxers hanging out of me, you can imagine the abuse i got on site for that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Was out for a romantic walk with my then girlfriend around town when we turned a corner and there was a wino we both knew squatting with his pants down having a crap.
    He just carried on and smiled at us and went"Grand day lads"

Nothing more romantic than the smell of a hobos fresh sh1t.

Was that the inspiration for your username?;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

I once tried to kill my housemate, the pu**y decided to lock himself into his room! Pfft. Very Embarrassed for him, I wasn't going to kill him, just seriously injure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,510 ✭✭✭cml387

What a fascinating interest in poo. For some, a simple bodily function, for AH the basis of an entire culture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

I saw a guy slip on some ice on RTE a year or two ago. Poor man will never live it down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

i was power walking home from college one day when i was in a bad humour
    wasnt looking where i was going walked straight into a poll staggered back and fell through an open gate into someones gardens....people saw :o

also i was walking through town one day back home and didnt know why there were cars beeping at me....turns out my skirt was caught into my school bag at the back and my ass was on display the whole time didnt realise it until i went to the toilet and saw it in the mirror :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Tripped and fell up the stairs in mass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

baz2009 wrote: »
    Tripped and fell up the stairs in mass.

hahaha always do that

i tripped and fell onto the priest when i was younger on my way to communion
    ive also fell walking back to my seat coming back from communion hahaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

During the start of a metal work class everyone scrambled for a chair as there was not enough for everyone. Me and a friend grab one at the same time. We start playing tug of war with the chair until I finally win. I started humping the chair in a celebratory fashion, you know? as you do.

The rest of the class stared to laugh. Then it went silent. I stopped & turned around. My teacher was just standing there shaking his head in utter confusion and anger.

FML

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭seklly

Peetrik wrote: »
    I saw a guy slip on some ice on RTE a year or two ago. Poor man will never live it down.

Had a huge effect on him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭seklly

hahaha always do that

i tripped and fell onto the priest when i was younger on my way to communion
    ive also fell walking back to my seat coming back from communion hahaha

I was at a charity cycle when I was around 10 and cycling by the local priest who was cycling with a plastic bag hanging off the handlebars. I brushed by the bag which caught in the spokes locking up the bike and the priest went flying over the handlebars!!

He always had it in for me after that, never touched me thank god!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

ran at full speed into a lamp post in dublin while visiting my cousins. that was both funny and very sore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

When I was about 10 my family and I were in Spain. One night we were at a karaoke bar and my aunt decided to play a joke on me by having me go up and sing the tellytubies song. I went up think I was singing hit me baby one more time and that begins to play. I freeze and start crying my eyes out so my older sister takes me back to the apperment. Outside the bar had TVs showing the people on stage so a bunch of people had seen me cry and they were heckling me on the way back to the apperment. So I ran right into a lamp post. With my pride gone and me in floods of tears to round it off I pissed myself outside the five star hotel in full view of the lobby. It was the longest holiday I ever had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Okay, I'll bite.

I was living in a flat with a friend when I was in university. She left early one morning and I noticed a big pile of clothes in the living room that she was planning on getting rid of. I rooted through the clothes and found a really nice pair of trousers and knew I couldn't let them be chucked, I'd wear them myself if she didn't want them. It didn't occur to me to wonder why she was chucking them out seeing as how they looked pretty good.

So I put on the newly-acquired trousers and head into university. They feel grand and they look quite nice. I'm walking through Front Square of Trinity, which is packed full of camera-laden tourists, bustling commuters and students. One of my arms is loaded with books and the other hand is holding a smoothie, and suddenly I feel the trousers start slipping. Before I can stop the inevitable, the trousers completely come undone of their own accord and drop to my ankles. I flung all the books and the smoothie on the ground and try to pick my pants up quick enough that no one will see, but I reckon a good hundred or so tourists had a good look at my smalls. Yep, the reason my friend was getting rid of them is because these trousers had a serious case of 'falling-down-itis'; the clasp was useless.

The strangest part was the thought process I had right after; I was CONVINCED my friend left these trousers out for me to find them, knowing I would wear them into university and therefore flash my knickers at tourists. How the hell I convinced myself of this I don't know!

(Adding insult to injury, I might as well add I was wearing really awful leopard print knickers that day. THE SHAME. :o)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Was out one night with the girlfriend, working next morning, woke up in her friends house late for work and still drunk. Threw my clothes on and legged it out on the street to get a taxi to work, all the while bemoaning the fact that i was getting fat cos my jeans were bet on to me. Getting out of the taxi the jeans basically disintegrated, forcing me to get back in and go home with my balls hanging out (i always go commando). Turns out in my drunken stupor, i had put on my girlfriends jeans, she rang me later in hysterics once her and the mate copped what i'd done! The worst part is I wasn't even wearing jeans out that night!:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2

My Mate shat on this dudes car bonnet but it was raining so it skidded down the bonnet and onto the ground.

Queue him jumping off the bonnet slipping in said poo, skidded over his back.

Oh how we lol'd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

I'd been going through a bean phase a few years ago and was teaching an English class here. Accidently let out a fairly audiable bum-toot in front of the whole class. Had to carry on with what I was doing, pretending nothing happened. One of the students the next day requested a transfer to another class and I never found out why. Twas my only ever complaint so I'm presuming it was because of my musical botty.

Yes. I'm a bird and I know women don't fart and shouldn't talk about these things according to some posters here but there ye go...the joys of being in your 30s.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Dub Ste

Walking home from work one night,reading the paper as I walked,I heard two women having the mother of all arguments on the other side of the street.

Carried on walking and reading,and then as I got near them,looked up to see what was going on................walked into a lamp post,they stopped shouting at each other,started howling with laughter,called me all kinds of names.

Couldn't get home quick enough :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

Iarnrod Eireann train a few years ago.

One of those new fangled toilets with push button mechanisms.

Any way, I sit down to attend to my business and suddenly the door begins to slide open quickly.

There I am, sitting pokerfaced and in shock, as the guy just says "Oh Sorry" and hits the Close button.

Then I notice the 'Lock' door button.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

For some reason I have loads... but one really cringe-worthy one was a night out with work back in 2007.

I'd gone through a really bad time around then and we were out on a work night out as the CEO was leaving. There was loads of wine and after one too many i was in floods being comfortedby all the sales girls who in their drunken states decided to look after me and assure me I was OK to go on with everyone to the VIP bar at Lillies Bordello.

The whole thing was hazy and apparently we had all been told we could come in at 11am the next morning. I woke up the following morning and had forgot about the late start and headed in to work texting everyone I don't remember what happened and I am sorry if I made a fool of myself.

No-one was answering so I started ringing everyone - no answer. I got to work at 9am and the place was all locked up. I was sitting on the step fighting abck tears trying to work out what I had done that no-one would want to speak to me for. :o

Finally someone called me back and explained the late start so I was OK... till people started arriving and asked 'so, what was Crowded House like?'

I had no idea what they were talking about. None. Till someone said, don't you remember, you went up to them, you were singing with them for 40mins.... I had LOVED them growing up and had met them and have no recollection at all.

Not my finest hour, but I was assured I did have a good time. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭link_2007

foxyboxer wrote: »
    Iarnrod Eireann train a few years ago.

One of those new fangled toilets with push button mechanisms.

Any way, I sit down to attend to my business and suddenly the door begins to slide open quickly.

There I am, sitting pokerfaced and in shock, as the guy just says "Oh Sorry" and hits the Close button.

Then I notice the 'Lock' door button.

I have been the other person in this situation - door creeped open to reveal an old man stood up with his cacks around his ankles wiping his arse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

A few years back, my girlfriend went for a few drinks with work on Christmas Eve. A few lead to a lot, as it does. She eventually goes home, as her parents are onto her to go to Christmas mass with them, so she goes, whilst hammered.
    The church is packed, and stuffy. She realises that she's going to get sick, but is in the middle of a pew, so picks up her handbag, and fills it with vomit, in the middle of Christmas mass!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Oh, another one. I was at the airport one day flying to meet then-bf in London. I HATE flying so always have a few glasses of wine before I get on.

So anyway, this one evening, the flight was delayed hours so I was sitting in the bar chatting to people getting slowly tanked. Finally we were told we were boarding. I picked up my bag and walked to the end of the winding queue and plopped my bag down.

I was all smiles by now, no bother on me, and looked at the guy next to me who was staring at me wide-eyed and said 'well, about time, eh' I noticed his wife glaring at me but dismissed her and kept banging on about how happy I was we were finally going to actually take off blah blah and then it dawned on me... I was at the FRONT of the queue, not the back.

i stopped mid-sentence and said 'OMG, this is the front of the queue, isn't it' the wife screeched 'yes IT IS' and I apologised profusely as I started picking up the bag. The guy started chuckling and said 'it's OK, stay there' and the wife said 'NO SHE WILL NOT' :D

Cue me legging it back to the queue. Worst bit was I was the LAST person to get on and had to walk past all of the people that had been at the front of the queue glaring at me. :D

I then got stuck behind the drinks trolley on board and had to spend half the flight trying to stand upright until we got back to my seat where I could sit down again :D

Good times!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

In school, I auditioned for some crappy talent show without my shoes because I was self conscious about being tall and thought going shoeless would make me more confident (and the socks slid really well over the polished floor to "help with the moves") haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

At a family christening, they had a Karaoke set up.
    It was coming up to Christmas and I put my name down after having browsed the catalogue, I decided to wow the assembly with my honed rendition of John Lennon's "Happy Xmas, War is Over" :D

But.......

After being called up, the MC said he didn't have that one with him :mad:
    So, panicking I chose the first one I see that I remotely recognise.

"I just called to Say I Love You".

I now hate that song with a passion. It resulted in me singing for what seemed like an eternity the same lyrics over and over.

"I just called to Say I Love You, I just called to say how much I care"
    "I just called to Say I Love You, I just called to say how much I care"
    "I just called to say I loooooooove you"
    "And I mean it from the bottom of my heart"

Ad nauesem. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i was chatting up some bint in a pub years ago and let a fart that came with a bonus, i thought i would get away with just the fart but whn it started running down my leg i left

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

what no.."caught wankin" stories??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭girl2

44leto wrote: »
    I was riding someone on the living room sofa and my ma came down, she opened the door and closed it again. I was only 19 so I carried on, I was still a bit drunk, I called a taxi for her and went to bed.

The next morning I awoke got out of bed and I remembered. I got back into bed and I stayed there never wanting to get up. I eventually came down, with my eyes to the ground and I poured some cornflakes.

Then the questions began, who was that girl, I muttered a name, when did you meet her, "last night", did you wear protection, then a primal scream erupted "MAHHHHH stop asking me about this". My red face could be seen from space and it omitted so much heat it was interfering with the tele.

My da then made me clean the sofa and gave me a stern talking to about respect for women. The girl rang me about 4 to 5 times after that, she was nice and we did relate at the party and I did like her, but no-way was it going any further.

It was the worse most cringe worthy day i ever had.

Right, hold on here now. You're like, at least 44, and this all happened when you were 19. Like that was……back in friggin 1987?? :eek:

Your poor poor mother ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

When I was 12 I was playing in the park with my friends. I threw something at one of them, laughed and went to run away.
    I didnt even take one step before I faceplanted full force into a tree. :rolleyes:

girl2 wrote: »
    Right, hold on here now. You're like, at least 44, and this all happened when you were 19. Like that was……back in friggin 1987?? :eek:

Your poor poor mother ;)

Yeah and as much as I would like to, I can't forget that day. As embarrassment goes I have never surpassed that day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Was bowling years ago with the football team, but on one of my throws my front foot got caught on the floor instead of sliding.

Cue me falling face first onto the bowling alley, with ball still in hand, and 20 lads behind me goes nuts. The whole place was laughing at me.

One time I was walking to school and I had a mad rip in my trousers,
    felt a bit of chill so I looked down to see my flute hanging out!
    I moved so fast to hide my shame I hit myself in the bag,
    Pain and shame,very funny

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭cmat

i was on a bus going home from work sitting at the back of the bus with two young guys beside me and an older man about 70yrs in front of me. What ever happened but i either fell asleep or had a blackout but my head went right down on the old fellas groin area and i woke up all of a sudden and smiled and all that was going on my mind for the rest of the 20min journey was to ask him if he had enjoyed it as im a lady

• Advertisement
Advertisement