Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

lumps on calves faces

• 29-04-2012 3:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭

Seen a couple of calves go through the mart a while back with round lumps on their faces (jaw)

just wondering how serious a problem this is and what its likely to be as people were still buying them (at reduced prices) - is it an easy thing to treat

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭1chippy

[Snip]

See my note on post #9

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

[Snip]

See my note on post #9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭amacca

[Snip]

See my note on post #9

[Snip]

See my note on post #9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LostCovey

[Snip]

See my note on post #9

• Advertisement

[Snip]

Come on, you have more to do than this petty sniping

[Snip]

Come on, you have more to do than this petty sniping

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

Guys, we are not going to diagnose animal illness on this page. If you have a sick animal, your first port of call should be to bring it to your vet - not posting on here about it. If you want to get people's opinion on how your vet treated an animal, its fine. You can all compare vet treatments. But offering advice telling people to use a medicine which is a POM should not happen here nor should we diagnose what we thing might be wrong with the animal on this forum!!

The first answer should be "bring him to the vet?"

If you want to offer advice to a poster, your words should be "I had a similar calf and my vet diagnosed %^&^% and treated the calf with %^(*"

No offence to anyone. But this is a public forum that anyone can read. We know that you are offering advice based on how your vet treated your animal with a similar problem and that your vet may have prescribed a POM for treatment, but to ensure that people from outside the farming circle don't take things up wrong, its important that you show who diagnosed and who prescribed. Your Vet!!

Sorry - did not mean for the above to happen..............just curiosity on my part.

apologies again..................was going to post a link to an article I read subsequently on recognizing and dealing with lump jaw but presumably that's not a good idea.

amacca wrote: »
    Sorry - did not mean for the above to happen..............just curiosity on my part.

apologies again..................was going to post a link to an article I read subsequently on recognizing and dealing with lump jaw but presumably that's not a good idea.
    god look at all the trouble you caused:)

• Advertisement

whelan1 wrote: »
    god look at all the trouble you caused:)

yeah sorry again ... now wheres the sheepish smile smiley?

amacca wrote: »
    yeah sorry again ... now wheres the sheepish smile smiley?

Smiley sheep?????????? - I hope you are not asking us to suggest a cure for that??????

LostCovey wrote: »
    Smiley sheep?????????? - I hope you are not asking us to suggest a cure for that??????

No...I'm asking you how your vet would treat it......I'd be afraid to suggest you make them all watch a half hour of Tubridy on the late late and that would wipe the smiles of their wooly little faces.

Advertisement