Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Pubs Pay Level?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭FionnK86

Hi guys,

I'm going into a small bar in the countryside in Kildare to look to book a gig for my band. We'll do a 2 hour set and I was thinking of looking for €100. Would you say we are overcharging? I don't want to be pushing the manager as we haven't gigged in about 3 months.

I know my last drummer wanted to ask for €400 for a 2 hour set hahaha :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

That's a bit too low. Aim for at least €80 a man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭FionnK86

Got told no in first bar,2nd bar gave us a phone number and 3rd bar booked us.

It's our first real 'paid' gig.€50 for 2 hour set of Acoustic covers,so not great at all.But for the gear we have (80 watt Thomann Pa).

They told me full bands get €200 there so will take the €50 for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Should be getting average €100/head. You'd get it in Limerick and the surrounding areas if you're any good

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭The Gibzilla

Just read through this thread, thanks to all who contributed. It's got some good info and insight on it.

I'm currently playing in a covers band, we play a mixed bag of classics and modern stuff. Ideally, we were hoping to crack the Wedding circuit, but that's a bit far off. One thing we noticed was that numerous Dublin bars seemed to only want acoustic, low-volume stuff (presumably not to deter any punters who just want a quiet pint) so we streamed the band down and rearranged our set-list. Our drummer is cool with us doing some acoustic gigs to get some cash and our name out.

Can anyone tell me does the price usually drop when playing a midweek gig? I know this depends on the bar and location, but I'm just trying to gather some more info. I'd be of the opinion that if we found a bar willing to pay us for playing a two-hour set on, let's say a Tues evening, that we'll get less than we would for a Sat night slot. If so, can anyone give me a ball park figure of how much we're talking, please?

We have a PA etc. so we could bring that with us if the venue didn't have it.

Cheers, folks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement