If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

creative t20 desktop speakers

Options
  • 29-04-2012 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭

have a set of these, creative t20 destktop speakers.
    http://asia.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=4&subcategory=28&product=14299

got them for a steal a few years ago. still in good working order except the adapter is gone. they work fine with my mates t20 adapter. tried getting a new adapter on the creative site but they dont do them for these speakers any more.

The adapter model is: MAG200110BH4 and it has input of 230V and output of 20V. Do I need an exact replacement or are there generic versions of this that I could use?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hey Chuky.

I would try to get a direct replacement for the Creatives to avoid using a generic power adapter and running the risk of damaging the T20's.

However in saying that as long as you get a power supply with the correct voltage and Hertz it will power them with no issues.

INPUT: 230V - 50Hz 300mA
    OUTPUT: 20V - 1.1A (1,1A) 22VA

I have checked around online and can not seem to find anywhere that sells the original power supply.

I can even see any UK or European sites selling alternatives for the T20 speakers.

Sorry I could not be of more help this time :(

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

thanks for the reply. contacted creative and they couldnt even recommend a supplier who might help me. its pretty annoying as they are still a great pair of speakers

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.