Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creches and childminders

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭lounakin

I'm in Temple bar! The IFSC isn't that far but by the time I get to the Luas and get there and then to work would mean about an hour.
    And for the person who gave the link to childminders, I visited that site before and there's only 4 or 5 people in all county dublin, all of them very far from me so that will be an issue too. I'm thinking more and more of getting a nanny to come to me instead.
    Oh, and there is a crèche near me... trinity college! But obviously they only take students :)

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭fptosca

lounakin wrote: »
    fptosca wrote: »
    Going off the discussion a bit but in line with the subject of this thread

I wouldn't bother with a creche. I brough my son to a creche for a few weeks and it was a nightmare. He wasn't looked after at all. I'm an easy going person but I could fill in a page writing the things that were wrong. Thankfully for everyone, I won't :D
    We found a fantastic childminder and he couldn't be happier.

How did you find the childminder?
    Our neighbours recomended her. They found her in Gumtree.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭fptosca

Fatscally wrote: »
    fptosca wrote: »
    Child minders are fine but there's a limit to how far along they can take your child. Learning in groups in the creche is very productive, then we back it up with a little 1 on 1 time at home. Also as your child becomes more active the facility to tear about the place at play time can only be equalled by other toddlers.

I guess you are to certain extend. Although is widely believed that children do not need to be with other children at this age to develop fine, we do have some concern about him not being in contact with many toddlers.
    We are compensating that by bringing him to playgroups some evenings and on the wkends.
    He's learning ok I would think. He knows letters, numbers, colours, shapes, songs... as any other toddler at his age

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

lounakin wrote: »
    I'm in Temple bar! The IFSC isn't that far but by the time I get to the Luas and get there and then to work would mean about an hour.
    And for the person who gave the link to childminders, I visited that site before and there's only 4 or 5 people in all county dublin, all of them very far from me so that will be an issue too. I'm thinking more and more of getting a nanny to come to me instead.
    Oh, and there is a crèche near me... trinity college! But obviously they only take students :)

Ring them or drop them an e-mail.

Advertisement