Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Player Progressions Spreadsheet

Options
  • 29-04-2012 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭

One of the things I'd like to know is how much my players will progress, and I'm sure it's the same for a lot of people.

Well I've just found this spreadsheet which details the progressions of every player in the game through seasons 1, 2, 3 and 4:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsbuvfWRUJ8jdGNJVVFEdG9GUmFQZTZzckl3Nl9CR2c#gid=0

Credit to 'goalkeepr' on Operation Sports for the spreadsheet.

Post away with players you're looking forward to the progress of this season, or dreading the regression of.

:cool:

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Nice digging Paully!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Best goes up to 90 :) I presume though these are LM stats and not depth chart stats whic both ea and LM have said are the accurate ones

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Nice job Paully.

It will be interesting to see how the changes match up with our league. As our draft was much earlier in the season than this I think, some of the Season 1 ratings are slightly different (Was checking for my QB Cam Newton), as EA continuously update ratings and potential week-by-week during the season

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

I found that a long time ago, and the thing is that that was taken recently, when the players original ratings had changed since when we started our franchise. I think the made up players are off too.

• Advertisement

Who were your big progressions and regressions then lads?

For me, my biggest one was LOLB Reed going from mid 70's to 81. RT Carimi went to an 87 from a low 80's and CB Franklin did the same but went to an 86, WR Gibson hit 80 from 78, Mebane hit 90 from 87 and the likes of Larry Fitz, Ngata, Tolbert and Bradshaw all went up one.

My biggest regression was newly drafted WR Ochocinco who went from an 86 to an 80, whereas players who never played expectedly went down a few points.

Overall a very positive progression and only 2 of my starting players are below 80 OVR now (1 of them being my punter).

Paully D wrote: »
    Who were your big progressions and regressions then lads?

For me, my biggest one was LOLB Reed going from mid 70's to 81. RT Carimi went to an 87 from a low 80's and CB Franklin did the same but went to an 86, WR Gibson hit 80 from 78, Mebane hit 90 from 87 and the likes of Larry Fitz, Ngata, Tolbert and Bradshaw all went up one.

My biggest regression was newly drafted WR Ochocinco who went from an 86 to an 80, whereas players who never played expectedly went down a few points.

Overall a very positive progression and only 2 of my starting players are below 80 OVR now (1 of them being my punter).

Ah paully.. the rest of us will just be waiting for Rob to update his sheet so we can be lazy :D

Ah paully.. the rest of us will just be waiting for Rob to update his sheet so we can be lazy :D

Will be looking forward to that as I've wrote the above from my memory, so could be miles off :pac:

Coming sometime tomorrow morning when have access to computer and Excel, gonna be a productive day!

on a quick look
    Finley up by 1
    Best up by 6
    Schaub down by 3
    Thomas up by 3
    O'Neal up by 7

A few regressions in defense due to age.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

After a super year for progressions last year I was hoping for some good jumps this year too as i've quite a few A grade players who always play....so lets look at what happened...

WR core had good progression, Ford 80-85, Green 87-90, Hankerson 74-79, Harvin 89-91, Pilaraes (snapped up from FA) 63-72. Happy as.

TE Needed a jump here as I had 2 A grades and one B, Gresham 83-87 and Rudolph 79-85. Happy as.

SS, Both Glover-Quin and Hill(over the) regressed 82-80 and 75-74. Nei.

RT, Britton 24 years old a starter and A grade....GOES DOWN....one from 83!! Sucks As.

Rolb Aldon Smith up four to 88. Happy as.

RG...the coveted position...Naneri up one to 86 and cover up one to 78.

RE Both B grades Morgan 85-83 and Edwards 81-75(he's 31). Boo Game.

QB, Vick stays at 92, Riggs the 1st pick in last years draft at QB goes up to pressue Vick 84-89. Pryor 71-76. New starter this year??

P, B grade up 6 pts to 81. Poor punters...not even named

MLB Was hoping for big things here, both A players so....McClain down from 84-82, probably due to losing his starting place to wonderkid Joplin up from 85 to 91...Nice draft last year says me congratulating myself.

LT, None in the draft this year so hanging on to Clady 95-96 and Watkins 76-78 is important. oh yeah.

Lolb 'Superstar' Clay Matthews up one to 97...Needs a new trainee in the draft.

LG B players 86-87 and Humphrey up from 72-81. Nice.

LE Bennett who doesnt play down 2 to 69 and Chris Long Up one to 90!

K stays the same(71), picked up a better one but older in FA, if he belongs to someone else let me know.

HB, an area i need to strengthen, Mathews(A) doesn't progress enough +1 to 87, Vereen 74-79, Brand stays 69 and will be dropped/traded before the draft starts.

FS, super wee player plays every game Earl Thomas (A) Drops 3 from 87!!! What!!! Prosinski goes up 72-79. Not happy about Thomas most of all.

FB What is this position even for?? Sherman(Tank) up 79-86. Good Stuff.

DT. Fairly(88-90),Taylor (83-86) and Backup McClain(78-83) all move in the right direction and look forward to Flattening some QB's this coming season...Jets I'm looking at you here!

CB, Ups are Smith 83-88, Griffen 83-84 and McKelvin 82-83 down is Captain M 80-78. Plenty in the draft to keep these guys on their toes.

Lastly are the Centres, Backup Satele stays at 77 and A grade Wood who plays drops two to 77....NOT HAPPY WITH THIS:mad: Really expected him to go up.

Should have a good starting team this year...just a pity I'm behind the scenes....:)

I'd like to note I've looked through the key stats so nothing has changed, and I haven't seen the actual depth charts which are far more accurate:

QB: Hill unfortunately stays at 74.
    RB: This is interesting, Reggie Bush and Dorial Washington both went to 77. They're both better than their ratings suggest. Key stats didn't change.
    WR: Knox, Murphy, Young and Beasley all progressed well.
    TE: Pope went up one, Olsen down one and Cameron up 8 to 68.
    LT: Only guy up 2.
    LG: Down 6 to 76 but key stats the same. Backup who's going to RG next year goes up a few to 76.
    C: Pouncey is 95, he might've been 97 but I don't know.
    RG: Meaningless loser down a little to 67.
    RT: Strief up a few to 73.

And to the defense:
    RE: My only guy Pryce retires. Wasn't going to start anyway.
    LE: Pickett and Lane both down to 79, but Bowers and Jordan both had nice little progressions and are 86 and 85.
    DT: Haynes didn't progress, Haynesworth down a little as well as Peters.
    MLB: Move along nothing to see here.
    ROLB: Ditto.
    LOLB: Angerer went down overall. Not too bummed, he can still play zone and tackle RBs.
    CB: Bloodbath. Mathis down 6 to 84 and Allen down 8 to 72. They both have the same key stats from last year.
    SS: Moore down 1 to 79.
    FS: Sherrod Martin went down to 72 but his key stats are the same.

Overall the progressions are negative but meh, pretty much no key stats changed so I don't have a clue why the overalls changed.

The Raider last owner has a lot of questions to answer about his drafting. Not only have his original players gone down but the guys I traded have also gone down. The progression system is pretty dumb anyway.

As promised, have attached the updated player progressions for Season 3.
    It includes the changes in rating for all players across the league, and has ranked the teams for the improvement of their entire roster.
    Also includes a list of the retirements for the year.

I will update again after the draft to include rookies, and rate the improvements/regressions for each teams starters (no point doing it now until trades and draft completed and rosters finalised).

Total Roster Improvement:
    1. Rams (+91)
    2. Broncos (+73)
    3. Jets (+65)
    4. Ravens (+63)
    5. Buccs (+48)
    28. Panthers (-2)
    28. Packers (-2)
    30. Seahawks (-4)
    31. Browns (-11)
    32. Raiders (-19)

Some notable player changes:
    Largest jump: Ravens TE Reshard Marshall (+13), 66>79
    Largest fall: Saints SS Bob Sanders (-9), 84>75

Retirements:
    Raiders - 5
    Titans - 4
    Bills, Chargers, Seahawks - 3

Notables:
    MLB Ray Lewis (Dolphins) 94 ovr
    MLB London Fletcher (Cowboys) 90 ovr
    WR Hines Ward (Redskins) 86 ovr
    Rt Flozell Adams (Bills) 84 ovr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

Cheers Rob.

Colts remain largely unchanged. Starting FS (+5) and backup TE (+6), CB (+6), QB (+4) and WR (+4) all progressed nicely.

No retirements (Urlacher still there with no regression)

New WR Welker regresses by 1 (I'm fine with that). Only 2 players regressed by more than 2 (My LT, Oher, down 3 to 88. The other is a WR who would have been cut before draft anyway)

Titans up by 4 in total, however the Titans will be cutting a few people and will aim to the the smallest and most "together" bunch of players.

A few surprises
    Scahub - 3
    Thomas + 4

Morgan + 3
    Brzecezek + 8

Jordin Randle + 5
    Lee Ziemba (from Ravens) + 6

Mathis -4

Black + 3

AC O'Neal +5 (was expecting this)

However my other CBs have regressed to the 60's due to age.
    Will probably keep them though

My offense has gotten a good boost while my defense has been decimated by regression, trading here we come!

OFFENSE
    QB Cam Newton (+5) - delighted
    HB Michael Turner (-1) - expected for HB at his age, happy he's still got good rating though. More than made up for by progression of backups
    HB Lascelle Saunders (+11)
    HB Mikel Leshoure (+5)
    WR Garcon (+2)
    WR Alexander (6)
    TE Hernandez (+3)
    Overall O-Line stayed pretty much the same

DEFENSE
    This is where it gets ugly
    RE Smith (-7)
    RE Starks (-2)
    MLB Dansby (-6)
    ROLB GReenway (-2)
    LOLB Peterson (-2)
    SS Chung (-2)

Thankfully some of my depth guys have progressed.
    Trading and draft will definitely focus on defense, very happy with my offense now.

Thanks for that Rob, much appreciated.

Good news for me, offense progresses 15 points in total, defense progresses 13 in total, special teams progresses 2 in total.

Big movers for me:

Reed +6
    Finley +5
    Nelson +4
    Phelps +4
    Schmitt +3
    Henery +3
    Carimi +3

Lots of others progressed by 1 and 2 points overall.

Big regressions for me:

Ochocinco -6
    Goodwin -6 (never even knew he was on my roster to be honest)
    Williams -6

A couple of others regressed by 1 and 2, but the only player near my first team that went down was Ochcocinco.

Very good offseason so far for me.

Does anyone know who my retirees were? Only one I know is Trevor Pryce.

matthew8 wrote: »
    Does anyone know who my retirees were? Only one I know is Trevor Pryce.

They're on the sheet 'Retirements' in the excel book I put up earlier

Three worksheets in the attachment

Season 3 Ratings: Shows up-to-date ratings, stats of all the players

Summary (STARTERS): Shows the overall rating changes by position group for each team, ranked for Offense/Defense/Special Teams
    *Not 100% accurate, but a decent guide.

CHANGES: Shows what stats changed for each player (speed, acceleration, awareness, etc.) so you can what they have improved/regressed at

• Advertisement

Lads a friend of mine (who i'm still trying to get to join the franchise) is an excel whizz and Madden player.
    I sent him Robs file..

Here are his findings.. (based on current rosters and last years standings)

Toughest Division
    NFC North
    NFC West
    AFC South
    NFC East
    AFC East
    NFC South
    AFC North

AFC North really suck, they are the worst in wins but offence and rosters are the strongest

AFC South has the good human players as our results outrank our roster strength.

NFC North has the best human players as they have the weakest rosters

Will upload the spreadsheet when i can

Advertisement