Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Basketball C&C Please

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Telchak

First two shots don't really do anything for me, doesn't really capture the intensity of the action only showing people's backs.

The third is petty good, though I'd crop/shop out the flash in the back (:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

I like the 3rd one but didn't actually spot the flash till Telchak mentioned it, nothing major crop that badboy out.

Not sure how easy it would be to do Marty or what way these venues are set up, but maybe try to position yourself somewhere near enough the baskets where you know the action will be coming towards you. Was shooting a soccer match recently and some of the shots were dire until I worked out which half the majority of the action was going to be in. Shots much improved then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

like the lads, #3 for me too

I'd expect to 'cover' such a match you've got to tell the story of the game. I'm not getting a sense of the story of what happens with those you've shown.

I know its not, but in #1 if the subject were the referee and were in focus, and closer, and in a portrait format, then you'd have a keeper given the orientation of your actual subject (ie. with back to you). But i'd guess your intended subject matter was the action which given its orientation and your location wasn't going to work.

I'm not seeing anything in #2 at all. Players in the air but its not a stunning 'in air' shot as you were a distance from the action and the scene is just cluttered. Need to be closer here.

#3 is quite the interesting shot showing the chase which ensues during the game. Best of three for me. Keeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

They are all good technically, but the third is the best and I think the reason is quite simple - you need, typically, a minimum of two things in any basketball shot: at least one players face, and the ball. This is why nearly all shots by the the pros are taken at the end of the court, or under the basket as the players approach.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I love the sense anticipation in the 1st., it's my favourite. 3's a cracker too (and I like the flash:)).

Scrap no.2.

• Advertisement
Advertisement