Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dsl down?

Options
  • 29-04-2012 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭

Hi my broadband was working grand yesterday and today on my router Im only getting the wireless light nothing else what could be the problem

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Craigels

Have you tried turning it off and on again?
    I have indeed i have also unplugged the dsl line from the spliter directly into in phone jack and still nothing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Craigels wrote: »
    Hi my broadband was working grand yesterday and today on my router Im only getting the wireless light nothing else what could be the problem

Thanks Craigels,

If you're not getting a power light switch it sounds like the modem has gone. o be sure, can you just try a full hard reset.

Please see the following two options on the eircom Forum :

Resetting the eircom Modem

Replacing the eircom Modem

If you need to call Technical Support for further assistance :

Broadband Technical Support : 1890 260260 (locall); Hours : 08:00 - 22:00 (7 days).

Best wishes,
    Ant

I get power light wireless light and nothing else sometimes the dsl will come on but will just flash

I get power light wireless light and nothing else sometimes the dsl will come on but will just flash

Hi Craigels,

Thanks for your post.

The following modem lights sequence gives our Technical Support an idea of what this may indicate :

WHAT LIGHTS ARE SHOWING ON THE Modem /Router?

LIGHTS : Power green, Wifi flashing, DSL green (solid), Internet light GREEN - GOOD

LIGHTS : Power green, Wifi flashing, DSL green (solid), Internet light RED - Possible authentication

LIGHTS : Power green, Wifi flashing, DSL green (FLASHING ), Internet light OFF – Possible sync

If the latter sequence, then Technical Support will ask that you try the following quick broadband check first, before you may need to call back into Broadband Support: This will save your time and help them figure out what's happening with your broadband.

http://bit.ly/BBcheckList

Broadband Technical Support : 1890 260260 (locall); Hours : 08:00 - 22:00 (7 days).

I appreciate your help with checking your broadband connection and modem setup.

Ant

• Advertisement

Hi Craigels,

Thanks for your post.

The following modem lights sequence gives our Technical Support an idea of what this may indicate :

WHAT LIGHTS ARE SHOWING ON THE Modem /Router?

LIGHTS : Power green, Wifi flashing, DSL green (solid), Internet light GREEN - GOOD

LIGHTS : Power green, Wifi flashing, DSL green (solid), Internet light RED - Possible authentication

LIGHTS : Power green, Wifi flashing, DSL green (FLASHING ), Internet light OFF – Possible sync

If the latter sequence, then Technical Support will ask that you try the following quick broadband check first, before you may need to call back into Broadband Support: This will save your time and help them figure out what's happening with your broadband.

Ant

I get solid power solid wifi and either no dsl light or if i does come on its flashing

I get solid power solid wifi and either no dsl light or if i does come on its flashing

Thanks again, sounds like you are possibly getting the following modem lights sequence.

If the latter sequence, then Technical Support will ask that you try the following quick broadband check first, before you may need to call back into them. This will save your time and also help technical Support figure out what's happening with your broadband.

Best wishes,
    Ant

Advertisement