Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debt collector needed

Options
  • 29-04-2012 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi,

Im looking for a debt collector to call to 2 builders to collect monies due by them. The money was agreed on at the start of the project but they refuse to pay final installment.

All advice welcome !!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Consult a solicitor would be my advice, and don't forget debt collectors have no more legal authority than you or me. Other than look and sound official there's nothing much they can do that you can't do yourself. Where is the consumer issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Robbie220

slimjimmc wrote: »
    Consult a solicitor would be my advice, and don't forget debt collectors have no more legal authority than you or me. Other than look and sound official there's nothing much they can do that you can't do yourself. Where is the consumer issue?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

This is not a Consumer Issue. Better suited perhaps to Business & Entreprenurial Management.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭dbran

Hi

How much money are you talking about? Are the companies still trading and what have you done yourself to get back the money. Why have they refused to pay.

Kind Regards

dbran

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭EamonOSullivan

Have you kept talking to the people that owe you money? Are they saying the can't pay you, or that they won't pay?

If the latter then you need to find out why, and if there's anything you can do to change that. If they just can't pay then at least they are still talking, and maybe you can collect the money over an extended period of time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Why won't the builder pay you? Have they given a reason or are they just ignoring you?
    Working for builders is dangerous nowadays, what payment terms where in your contract?Have they paid you any money at all?

Advertisement