Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom cancelled?

Options
  • 29-04-2012 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

Ive had Eircom installed since October, and we gave my partner's bank details for the direct debit.

All along we assumed the direct debit had been taken out as we gave the correct details. A few days ago we received a letter with a bill for over €200.

My partner (unfortunately) never checks his bank statements so we never know what money's coming in or out.

Has anyone ever had this happen before? We didnt receive any bills for the last 6 months, even though we have requested them, and the only writing from them has been the bill for €200.

We rang Eircom customer care and we were told we could set it up again in someone elses name, but that we'd have to give a copy of the lease in their name. Obviously this isnt possible as its both our names are on the lease.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Ive had Eircom installed since October, and we gave my partner's bank details for the direct debit.

All along we assumed the direct debit had been taken out as we gave the correct details. A few days ago we received a letter with a bill for over €200.

My partner (unfortunately) never checks his bank statements so we never know what money's coming in or out.

Has anyone ever had this happen before? We didnt receive any bills for the last 6 months, even though we have requested them, and the only writing from them has been the bill for €200.

We rang Eircom customer care and we were told we could set it up again in someone elses name, but that we'd have to give a copy of the lease in their name. Obviously this isnt possible as its both our names are on the lease.

Hi yellowcrayon,

Thanks for you post.

If you PM your eircom Account or phone number I will look into your query.

Regards,
    Ant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lifeandtimes

If they have your address to mail you the letter surely they have the address for the bills no?......in fairness you should always check your statements if your not getting a bill to make sure you're being charged the correct fee and such..hopefully they can resolve it for you

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭yellowcrayon

Thanks.. I always check mine, but unfortunately my partner doesnt... He doesnt even request statements and hasnt seen one of his for at least 6 months :o

And yes, thats what I thought too. Because the address is correct, and the same for everything, so its pretty hard to see how they can manage to send the letter demanding the money, but not the bills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Thanks.. I always check mine, but unfortunately my partner doesnt... He doesnt even request statements and hasnt seen one of his for at least 6 months :o

And yes, thats what I thought too. Because the address is correct, and the same for everything, so its pretty hard to see how they can manage to send the letter demanding the money, but not the bills.

Hi yellowcrayon
    No problem and any further query just let us know.:)
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭yellowcrayon

If they have your address to mail you the letter surely they have the address for the bills no?......in fairness you should always check your statements if your not getting a bill to make sure you're being charged the correct fee and such..hopefully they can resolve it for you

^^^^ I was saying thanks to this poster.

Tony, Eircom havent done anything to help me resolve this issue. Im still in the same position.. stuck with a bill for over €200 which was meant to have been taken out of the account in monthly installments.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

^^^^ I was saying thanks to this poster.

Tony, Eircom havent done anything to help me resolve this issue. Im still in the same position.. stuck with a bill for over €200 which was meant to have been taken out of the account in monthly installments.

Hi yellowcrayon,

I have sent you resent you a PM with contact information which may help you in this matter.

Best wishes,
    Ant

Advertisement