Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I remove HKC wired device?

Options
  • 29-04-2012 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi. I have a hkc alarm and it is showing a zone 6 wired device fault.
    I only have the 1 device on Zone 6.
    I dont need the device, so I am trying to remove the device through the service menu. When I select "Remove Z6 Devices" I am presented with "P60..69".
    If I select "Yes" the message changes to "Set Hardware on zone to point ID".
    If I select "No" the message changes to "PS61..65"
    Any ideas what i do here? :confused:
    Nothing in the manual about this.
    Thanks
    Blakey.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭TPM

You should contact an alarm installation/maintenance firm.
    I dont think anyone is going how to post how to disable. remove part of or any other way tamper with am alarm or other security device on a public forum

• Registered Users Posts: 11,702 ✭✭✭✭altor

blakey1 wrote: »
    Hi. I have a hkc alarm and it is showing a zone 6 wired device fault.
    I only have the 1 device on Zone 6.
    I dont need the device, so I am trying to remove the device through the service menu. When I select "Remove Z6 Devices" I am presented with "P60..69".
    If I select "Yes" the message changes to "Set Hardware on zone to point ID".
    If I select "No" the message changes to "PS61..65"
    Any ideas what i do here? :confused:
    Nothing in the manual about this.
    Thanks
    Blakey.

What you are doing is only for if you have point ID devices on the system.
    Go into the zone menu, zone types and change the zone 6 type to unused.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭manutd83

Iv being have a problem with a HKC alarm aswell,i rang them and they told me they are only manufacturerers and dont really know anything about there alarms and please dont ring them again about it,they said only the contractor who installed the system can do it,which is weird that they dont know how to work there own systems

manutd83 wrote: »
    Iv being have a problem with a HKC alarm aswell,i rang them and they told me they are only manufacturerers and dont really know anything about there alarms and please dont ring them again about it,they said only the contractor who installed the system can do it,which is weird that they dont know how to work there own systems

What problem are you having?

i need to disconnect 6 window alarms out of 35 permanently,when i go through there manual,which i downloaded,it tells you it can be done and that you can part set it but not how exacly to do it which is odd

• Advertisement

i need to disconnect 6 window alarms out of 35 permanently,when i go through there manual,which i downloaded,it tells you it can be done and that you can part set it but not how exacly to do it which is odd

Are the sensors wired on there own loop or is there other devices on the loop?

we have everything going through the same alarm system if thats what u mean,windows,motion sensors and fire alarm but just the 6 windows i need to disconnect as i said,iv probably shouldnt be saying so much on here to be honest,hope nobody from my job keeps up with this

we have everything going through the same alarm system if thats what u mean,windows,motion sensors and fire alarm but just the 6 windows i need to disconnect as i said,iv probably shouldnt be saying so much on here to be honest,hope nobody from my job keeps up with this

What you need to find out is are they in the same zone or part of another loop. To do this enter 0#3 on your keypad. Have someone at the keypad and tap each sensor you want to take off the system. The keypad will indicate the zone each are on. You could if needs be disconnect the sensor and continue the loop to the next window if there are other devices you want on a loop.

will give it a try,thanks for the advice

will give it a try,thanks for the advice

Your welcome, any other questions let us know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 blakey1

altor wrote: »
    What you are doing is only for if you have point ID devices on the system.
    Go into the zone menu, zone types and change the zone 6 type to unused.

Thanks Altor. I have changed Z6 to unused. Hopefully that will stop my intermittent false alarms on Z6.
    Much appreciated.:D
    Blakey.

blakey1 wrote: »
    Thanks Altor. I have changed Z6 to unused. Hopefully that will stop my intermittent false alarms on Z6.
    Much appreciated.:D
    Blakey.

Good to see you got it sorted blakey1, any other problems let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭tangoman

I have a fault on my hkc alarm one of my zones is faulty and want to temporaly remove it.I went into devices and then remove devices but it only says remove zone 5 or zone 8 devices mine is zone 14 how do i do it thanks

I also want to part set alarm with one zone inhibited but with exit timer

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If you want to remove one single wired device you have to physically disconnect it and close of the cables.
    If you want to remove the entire zone goto > zones>zone type & change that to unused.

altor wrote: »
    Good to see you got it sorted blakey1, any other problems let us know.

I have a fault on my hkc alarm one of my zones is faulty and want to temporaly remove it.I went into devices and then remove devices but it only says remove zone 5 or zone 8 devices mine is zone 14 how do i do it thanks

also how do i change the pulse settings on a sensor thanks again

tangoman wrote: »

also how do i change the pulse settings on a sensor thanks again

If you have point ID sensors used then you would use the device menu.
    If they are global devices then to disable the sensors on a particular zone you go into the zone menu, zone types and change the zone to unused.

To set up a zone to be inhibited in partset go into the zone menu, zone options and select yes for the partset A or B depending on the partset you want to be device to be excluded in.
    To set up part set with a timer this is done in the system options menu, part set option. Again you will select A or B depending on which one you want to have the exit timer.

Advertisement