Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaisala Radiosonde

Options
  • 29-04-2012 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭

Is it worth returning a Vaisala Radiosonde to the manufacturer? I found one recently with no identifying information. I guess Valentia Observatory would be most likely source but would it be any more use?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Yes, it can be reused. I would contact Met Eireann and they will be glad to get it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Ignore SuCampu.

Heres what you do. Bring it to the Gold & Silver pawn shop in Las Vegas, Rick will have a buddy of his who knows everything there is to know about Vaisala Radiosondes take a look at it.

Rick: It's a cool object and all, but i just don't see the value in it, I'm at <insert amount 80% below predicted value>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tphase

Mrmoe wrote: »
    Is it worth returning a Vaisala Radiosonde to the manufacturer? I found one recently with no identifying information. I guess Valentia Observatory would be most likely source but would it be any more use?
    It's probably a ME sonde. They might be interested in knowing where you found it but they won't want it back, they don't re-use them. Was there a readable model number on it?

Advertisement