Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bit confused !! Help !!

Options
  • 29-04-2012 8:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭

Looking into getting an e-cig and after reading the posts here i'm really confused !!!
    I'm looking for a replacement for my 20 a day habit and I need someone to steer me in the right direction :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

An eGo set up is a good starting point. You can use the batteries for anything else that you want to try at a later stage.

http://www.thevapourstore.ie/joye-ego/joye-ego-starter-kit-510-version-/prod_245.html

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭achieve

There are 2 separate trains of thought on this one to start. That is, to (a) go for a "cigalike" or electronic cigaratte that resembles to some extent a traditional cigarette, or (b) go for a larger device that has longer battery performance etc.

I generally, but not always recommend that a new user go for a cigalike kit to start. If you like the concept and experience of electronic cigarette vaping you then you can always upgrade.

A 510 cartomizer starter kit is a very easy kit to start with, or else some type of Ego setup. The advantage of getting one of these starter kits is that most parts are interchangeable with each other.

I'm sure others will post with more specifics. But definitely - go for it!

PS - One thing that you need to be careful with here on this forum, and I include myself in this is Most of the posters here are fairly serious into their new found hobby, and are real "anoraks" when it comes to electronic cigs and vaping. As a result they / we often give advise that does confuse the new user / beginner.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

http://e-smokeireland.eu/epages/950002218.sf/en_IE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/950002218/Products/DCCXLKIT

dual coil cartomiser set
    the cartomisers are disposable, one oughta last you anywhere from 2-3 days to a week.. maybe more if you dont use it very often. they cost 1.50-2 euro apiece so they're intended to be used and thern thrown away when you think the performance has dropped. its a good idea to have 4-5 of them at hand as you can occasionally run into problems where you get unlucky and some cartomisers just crap out after a couple of days.

the batteries in this kit will last you 1-2 days, depending on how much you use it. if you decide you dont like the dual coil cartomisers, you can get another atomiser/cartomiser and just throw it on the batteries you already have

15% off coupon code of STARTER until 1st may

there are other kits and types around, some prefer atomiser tank systems but i've always found cartomisers offer the best all round vape and dual coils are a great one to start with.

youd probably wanna start on 18mg or thereabouts strength juice

that site has its own juices which get good reviews, irishvapers.ie has their whitelabel juices and the ones ive tried I'd liked, the rest of the irish sites tend to have dekang juices which are high quality chinese made juices. youll probably have to shop around a little bit before you find a juice you really love but they're cheap enough in 10ml bottles so it wont cost much.

Yeah, that's true alright. I started with a 510 kit and found the batteries absolutely useless. Ended up buying the eGo batteries a couple of months later and a drip tip. I should have started with the eGo kit but that's just me I guess!

Edit: The drip tip allows you to drop juice directly onto the atomiser by the way. No need for the cartridges.

I can see this getting confusing for a new convert already!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭Burdock

achieve wrote: »
    There are 2 separate trains of thought on this one to start. That is, to (a) go for a "cigalike" or electronic cigaratte that resembles to some extent a traditional cigarette, or (b) go for a larger device that has longer battery performance etc.

I generally, but not always recommend that a new user go for a cigalike kit to start. If you like the concept and experience of electronic cigarette vaping you then you can always upgrade.

A 510 cartomizer starter kit is a very easy kit to start with, or else some type of Ego setup. The advantage of getting one of these starter kits is that most parts are interchangeable with each other.

I'm sure others will post with more specifics. But definitely - go for it!

PS - One thing that you need to be careful with here on this forum, and I include myself in this is Most of the posters here are fairly serious into their new found hobby, and are real "anoraks" when it comes to electronic cigs and vaping. As a result they / we often give advise that does confuse the new user / beginner.

Thanks for the reply.

Before I came here and read a few posts I assumed it was as simple as buying the battery part and the atomizer part. Now I'm confused as to what a 'drip tray' is and how expensive I should go.

Was looking at http://www.thebestshop.eu/electronic-cigarette-starter-kits/new-510-t-starter-kit/prod_187.html is it any good for a starter ?? And how hard is it to maintain / use ?

• Advertisement

Again, I'd avoid those batteries - they only last for a couple of hours. Might be okay to start with but.......

Again, I'd avoid those batteries - they only last for a couple of hours. Might be okay to start with but.......

So an eGo starter kit ?? :)
    Sorry for the questions, this is a lot more in depth than I thought it would be :)
    Also, how did you find swapping over ??

Well, I can only speak for myself I guess and anything which uses an eGo battery will be interchangeable with other stuff down the line.

The 510 atomisers work well and got me off the cancer sticks anyway. You can always buy a couple of cartomisers with the kit too as they are only a couple of euros each.

You can always just use the ecig to cut down first and eventually switch over.

By the way, welcome to the club!!

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar is the man here!! He's an encyclopaedia of vaping!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

An ego set up is definitely the way to go, It'll work much better than a cigalike.

Get a good starter kit, and check out the Juice review thread for an idea on some juices ya might like.

I found the switch over from analogs to vaping absolutely 100% painless. The morning I got my starter kit was when I smoked my last one!

• Advertisement

E-Go it is so !! Now to find the quickest delivery !!!

Burdock wrote: »

They're all pretty much next day delivery actually. The link in my first post will get you the eGo starter kit. I'd suggest throwing in a pack of cartomisers too just to try them.

http://www.thevapourstore.ie/cartomisers/510-dual-coil-cartomiser-xl-1-5ohm/prod_310.html

They will last a month or 6 weeks.

Same provider. It costs a few quid to start doesn't it? This will be your biggest outlay though……until you want to start trying out all of the other stuff ha ha ha!

Edit: use discount code ecf10 for 10% discount at The Vapour Store.

There's a sticky with a list of where to buy and discount codes.

They're all pretty much next day delivery actually. The link in my first post will get you the eGo starter kit. I'd suggest throwing in a pack of cartomisers too just to try them.

http://www.thevapourstore.ie/cartomisers/510-dual-coil-cartomiser-xl-1-5ohm/prod_310.html

They will last a month or 6 weeks.

Same provider. It costs a few quid to start doesn't it? This will be your biggest outlay though……until you want to start trying out all of the other stuff ha ha ha!

Edit: use discount code ecf10 for 10% discount at The Vapour Store.

There's a sticky with a list of where to buy and discount codes.

One more question :)

What type of liquid should I go for ? Premium e liquid, Standard, or VG liquid ?

That's a tough question actually. I'd get some testers (samples) of the standard to start with. It's all down to personal taste.

http://www.thevapourstore.ie/standard-e-cigarette-liquid/e-liquid-testers-5ml-/prod_197.html

There's loads of ejuice from other suppliers to try later too. I love the Liqua range from The Best Shop. Irish Vapers have some nice stuff too. Many people love the Halo stuff but I think it's stink!!

Only way to find out is to try different flavours and brands really. By the way, tobacco doesn't really taste much like tobacco I don't think.

Yeah, the biggest out lay is at the start man, after buying my starter kit, the MOST I spend a week is about €12 on juice and replacement carto's!

PG is the juice you want to go for in an ego kit, it's a good bit thinner than VG.

Deffo go for some small(10ml) sample bottles, nothing worse than buying a big bottle of juice and not liking it!

eeloe wrote: »
    Yeah, the biggest out lay is at the start man, after buying my starter kit, the MOST I spend a week is about €12 on juice and replacement carto's!

Ha ha. Ye big liar ye! What about all the Lavatubes, Silver bullets and tanks that ye have!!!!

Seriously though, it is true. If you were happy with the set up 10 Euro a week would keep you going alright.

eeloe wrote: »
    PG is the juice you want to go for in an ego kit, it's a good bit thinner than VG.

Deffo go for some small(10ml) sample bottles, nothing worse than buying a big bottle of juice and not liking it!

How does this look ?

http://www.thevapourstore.ie/index.php?_g=co&_a=cart

We can't see your cart. Probably need to do a screenshot or something?

On my iPhone, don't think I can do a screenshot.

Have 1 x Joye eGo T starter kit (tank version)
    1 x 5ml e liquid testers
    1 x 20ml bottle of USA mix (Marlboro) e liquid (18mg)

• Advertisement

That should do it!

That should do it!

Sweet !! Cheers man, and thanks everyone for the help !! :D

Best of luck with it! You should have it on Tuesday. Pop back and let us know how you get on!

Best of luck with it! You should have it on Tuesday. Pop back and let us know how you get on!

Will do man, I'll check back in Friday after I've given it a proper chance

Ha ha. Ye big liar ye! What about all the Lavatubes, Silver bullets and tanks that ye have!!!!

Seriously though, it is true. If you were happy with the set up 10 Euro a week would keep you going alright.

Thats why I said €12 a week on carto's and fluid! Haha

The fancy stuff is only affordable since I'm not spending the money on tobacco! Haha

In regards to what the op has just bought. That should do you for a couple of weeks anyway! 100ml of fluid is enough for well over 3 weeks of heavy vaping!

Ordered that stuff Monday morning and clicked express delivery.

Still haven't heard anything from thevapourstore.ie. Only confirmation of my order i've received is from the company they use for online payment, think its called moneybookers or something like that.

Should I contact them ??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

yeah, definitely. i dont remember if the vapourstore sends out email confirmation but your package should definitely have arrived by now

yeah, definitely. i dont remember if the vapourstore sends out email confirmation but your package should definitely have arrived by now

Cheers, going to send off a mail now

Was delivered this morning but no-one was home, just picked it up from the Post Office.

All set up and just tried RY4, feels like smoking !!!

Thanks all for the help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

Was delivered this morning but no-one was home, just picked it up from the Post Office.

All set up and just tried RY4, feels like smoking !!!

Thanks all for the help

Enjoy and stick with it. Its well worth it in lots of ways all good...

Advertisement