Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone else freaking out about entering your late 20s?

1235»

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

You're worried about coming into your late 20s?:rolleyes:

I've 10 years on you. I'm now in my late 30s - you're a babbie still. Count yourself lucky!

It's true that they say youth is wasted on the young.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

NothingMan wrote: »
    I know. Don't look a day over 19..... <_< 27

that's nothing I showed my bro an old video when I was 17, last month he said you still look the exact same.. going on 35. thing is I always wanted to look older :/ I have 18yr olds calling me cheeky. I assume they're 35 it's a bit surreal

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭shellib

Im 26 in 27 days... When Im 27 in 26 days Il start to worry!!! Feck it ur only as young as the women ya feel n Im a women so Im fecked altogether!!!

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,548 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I was still thinking I was 19 when you were crapping yellow.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

shellib wrote: »
    Im 26 in 27 days... When Im 27 in 26 days Il start to worry!!! Feck it ur only as young as the women ya feel n Im a women so Im fecked altogether!!!

:)

Hmm, my women's only 8 months younger so not much advantage either. Ah well, she'll do for now and when I start looking 40 I'll trade up for a 17 year old who believed a Mazda MX5 costs over half a million...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

I'm 28 next month and couldn't give a solitary ****e. I'll save my freakout for when I hit 50.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

30 is the new 20. Im going to keep using this formula as I hit the milestones, its quite comforting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

freaking out about being 26? what a drama lama u must be :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I have no idea what age i am any more, i started lying about it when i was in my mid 20's and it has continued ever since, i have told people so many different ages that i started to believe the lies and now i no longer have any idea what my real age is. I think its something around 34 or maybe 39 or 30 or maybe even 40...who knows (who cares)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

freaking out about being 26? what a drama lama u must be :rolleyes:

I bet they cry at every birthday they have.

"Wha wha wha - i'm getting older"

OP, what you should worry about is the fact that you are getting uglier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

I find one becomes less self-obsessed and doesn't yearn for attention as one gets older.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

Yes. I am 26 and am absolutely, utterly freaking out. I look around at my life and realise that I have absolutely nothing that I didnt have at 16. I have achieved nothing and done nothing. All my friends are getting married, or having kids or starting businesses or whatever else. I'm thinking of just leaving the country, just up and go and even if I wind up in another dead end job at least i can say i saw some of the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

My dad is going to buy me a car for my 18th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I am so glad I'm not the only one.

I'm turning 25 shortly and I'm like :eek:

I've achieved fuck all that I thought I would and I really am not where I wanted to be at this age..... Quarter life crisis!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

I've achieved fuck all that I thought I would and I really am not where I wanted to be at this age..... Quarter life crisis!

Where did you want to be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Yes. I am 26 and am absolutely, utterly freaking out. I look around at my life and realise that I have absolutely nothing that I didnt have at 16. I have achieved nothing and done nothing. All my friends are getting married, or having kids or starting businesses or whatever else. I'm thinking of just leaving the country, just up and go and even if I wind up in another dead end job at least i can say i saw some of the world.

The important thing to ask yourself is "Do I really want to achieve great things, or do I just feel pressure to do so?"

Do you want a spouse, kiddywinks, mortgage?

I'm 28 and have no ambition whatsoever, so I actually feel I've achieved more than I was bothered about without really trying.

what if you only make it to 50. then it's a mid-life crisis

The important thing to ask yourself is "Do I really want to achieve great things, or do I just feel pressure to do so?"

I'm 28 and have no ambition whatsoever, so I actually feel I've achieved more than I was bothered about without really trying.

I'd settle for achieving normal things at this stage. Like not being a 26 year old that lives at home

I don't want any of those things right now, no.

I would however, like to feel my career was going somewhere. I'd like to be financially independent enough to live alone and to maybe travel more.

At the same time I don't want to give up partying and wearing what I like and going to festivals etc. A lot of my friends have "matured" in a very boring way. Middle-aged in their twenties :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

MANY people choose not to marry or have kids ,
    theres plenty of time to meet some and get married.
    if you want to freakout wait til your forty.
    AT least you have your freedom.
    There,s no law says everyone must have children.
    There,s plenty of people out there working for a company,
    not everyone is suited to start a business.
    Theres plenty of unhappy married people out there.

• Advertisement

I would however, like to feel my career was going somewhere. I'd like to be financially independent enough to live alone and to maybe travel more.

At the same time I don't want to give up partying and wearing what I like and going to festivals etc. A lot of my friends have "matured" in a very boring way. Middle-aged in their twenties :rolleyes:

YES! All this stuff you said. There must be some sort of union we can join. The Disillusioned and Terrified Twentysomethings Union. I bet our monthly meetings would just end up being drug fueled orgies. Man, somebody should totally start this

riclad wrote: »
    MANY people choose not to marry or have kids ,
    theres plenty of time to meet some and get married.
    if you want to freakout wait til your forty.
    AT least you have your freedom.
    There,s no law says everyone must have children.
    There,s plenty of people out there working for a company,
    not everyone is suited to start a business.
    Theres plenty of unhappy married people out there.

I wasnt really referring to those things specifically, they were just examples to show that everyone I know is doing something with their life, whatever it may be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

I'd settle for achieving normal things at this stage. Like not being a 26 year old that lives at home

If it's any consolation, that's pretty normal these days. Do you work/study/do anything?

YES! All this stuff you said. There must be some sort of union we can join. The Disillusioned and Terrified Twentysomethings Union. I bet our monthly meetings would just end up being drug fueled orgies. Man, somebody should totally start this

I'm not sure I'd be up for the drug fueled orgy tbh :p

If it's any consolation, that's pretty normal these days. Do you work/study/do anything?

I work as a journalist in a local newspaper. Which would be fine, but it's a terrible paper, run by terrible people who seem to take great joy in sapping the life out of employees and stamping out any sort of new ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Those sound like reasonable ambitions, and entirely compatible with having fun and partying.*

*if people still say "partying."

Those sound like reasonable ambitions, and entirely compatible with having fun and partying.*

*if people still say "partying."

Well I do but I'm clearly past it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭mickrock

I've no ambition either and find it quite liberating.

Ambition can often focus the mind too much on the future and you end up missing out on the present moment, which is all we ever have. The constant striving to become, to achieve, to acquire, to be someone, to be different from what we are can cause lots of stress and unhappiness.

In the eyes of the world I'm probably considered a "nobody" who hasn't achieved very much but I don't care. I'm happy being a nobody.

Advertisement