Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cover for well for easy access?

Options
  • 29-04-2012 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Any ideas on how we can cover this well? We need to access the well regularly to fill up the salt and then in the winter to turn on/off the heat lamp.

Rather primitive at the minute but it does the trick ... just a mission to open and close. It's a fence panel with a waterproof sheet over and the bricks to prevent it blowing away.

I'm looking for a cheap but effective solution. Please help.

202827.jpg

What I'm looking for is rigid, waterproof cover that one person can lift and close easily.

I've looked online to see if anyone makes those fake rocks but they only come in teeny weeny sizes.

Can I get a plastic box somewhere and turn that upside down over the well wall? It would need to measure about 2 x 2 x 0.5m

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Get your local sign company to make what is called a signtray out of aluminium sheeting. If it is measured correctly it would sit down over the edge of the wall and you could then sit some ornamental potted plants on it to hold it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 DataHoover

thanks Happyman. I'll post a picture if I manage to get this done.

Advertisement