Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Annoying injuries at parties through no fault of your own? Do share!

• 29-04-2012 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭

Just thought I'd share my frustration over my ankle being all fecked up after being knocked over at my friend's going away party last night :mad:
    And I wasn't even drunk! Someone just bumped into me behind me in a packed pub and knocked me onto the ground. Didn't even say sorry or anything!
    And now there's me limping around today like a lost puppy! *insert feeling-sorry-for-myself smiley here* :P

Anyone else wanna share injury stories from parties/nights out that you experienced through no fault of your own?

Let's see who wins the "worst party injury award" :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Davidson2k9

No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

I went to las vegas for my stag party. After a few drinks I cant remember anything apart from waking up on the roof of a hotel. I was stuck there for a few days but made it home in time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

I went to las vegas for my stag party. After a few drinks I cant remember anything apart from waking up on the roof of a hotel. I was stuck there for a few days but made it home in time.

What happened to your mates ??;)

What happened to your mates ??;)

Long story, it was funny though, could make a movie out of it I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

The greatest injury I ever got from a party was to my ears when I was sitting down chatting to another lady and some gobsh!te took out his guitar and started playing Stay Tonight by Eagle Eye Cherry over and over again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

Michael Barrymore throws a deadly party.

Reminds me of this time I woke up in Thailand with a Mike Tyson tatoo on my face.....ho that was quite the story:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Roadtrippin

No.

And the award for shortest answer on boards goes to... :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

It actually wasn't

It actually wasn't

You had to be there. :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

I fell into a toilet and broke six teeth.

Was nobody's fault but my own though . . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

I vaguely remember injuring my face against a bouncers fist once.

Got 2 stilletos directly into my knee last week when some dizzy bint swung out of her boyfriends neck and thrust her legs back into space......and my knee.

Ow.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭RedFFWolf

If you count parties at camping, then during the morning of one such party, one friend decides to burn a paper plate to get the fire to continue. He burns his hand doing so and in reaction throws the plate behind him, and I, minding my own business trying to fix something, suddenly feel and see this burning paper plate stuck onto my forehead. Too exhausted to react enough, I simply wipe it off, still don't look up and just ask for the towel, where I wet it with a bottle of water and keep it at my head - it hurt a lot more later on that day I can assure, and still somewhat visible (nearly three years later). One guy sitting on a camping chair who saw it all hid himself completely with his blanket, and all you could see was the blanket bobbing rapidly from his silent laughing.

Short Version: Burning paper plate thrown accidentally at (and stuck to) my forehead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

I went to a stag, the grooms brother was an annoying drunk and kept punching me on the shoulder in a "matey" way. After 5 or 6 of these, I got fed up and caught his fist and gave it a good twist, which caused an impressive cracking sound. He dropped to the floor squealing like a pig, but everyone was drunk and the music was loud so nobody paid him much heed. Turned out his arm was broken, so there's how come none of his family speak to me much these days. Ahh, the things that happen. He did look a bit sh1te in his best mans suit with that big white sling on though in fairness.

Got 2 stilletos directly into my knee last week when some dizzy bint swung out of her boyfriends neck and thrust her legs back into space......and my knee.

Ow.

Oh god, that sounds sore as hell!

Think you might be our best contender for the "Most annoying party injury through no fault of your own" Award so far!

RedFFWolf wrote: »
    If you count parties at camping, then during the morning of one such party, one friend decides to burn a paper plate to get the fire to continue. He burns his hand doing so and in reaction throws the plate behind him, and I, minding my own business trying to fix something, suddenly feel and see this burning paper plate stuck onto my forehead. Too exhausted to react enough, I simply wipe it off, still don't look up and just ask for the towel, where I wet it with a bottle of water and keep it at my head - it hurt a lot more later on that day I can assure, and still somewhat visible (nearly three years later). One guy sitting on a camping chair who saw it all hid himself completely with his blanket, and all you could see was the blanket bobbing rapidly from his silent laughing.

Some story! Ouch!!!

Offered to take a photo of a group of people at a wedding six weeks ago. Slipped and fell onto carpet. Mortified I jumped up and thought I had carpet burned my knee, was rubbing it for ages and when I took my hand away it was covered it blood, I didn't realise I'd fallen on glass and took a huge chunk out of my knee. Still not fully healed :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

New Years Eve, stone cold sober, fell down three tiny fecking steps, flat on my face. Hurt my foot pretty badly, so I drank a lot to numb the pain.. and was very, very sick. Classy!

Offered to take a photo of a group of people at a wedding six weeks ago. Slipped and fell onto carpet. Mortified I jumped up and thought I had carpet burned my knee, was rubbing it for ages and when I took my hand away it was covered it blood, I didn't realise I'd fallen on glass and took a huge chunk out of my knee. Still not fully healed :(

Ah Jaysus! That would have freaked me out - all of a sudden realising I'd been bleeding all this time! Did you not nearly pass out seeing the piece of glass sticking out of your knee??? :(
    I assume you had to get that stitched up in A&E, right?

I'd say you're the clear winner of the "Worst-injury-at-a-party" so far...

• Advertisement

Ah Jaysus! That would have freaked me out - all of a sudden realising I'd been bleeding all this time! Did you not nearly pass out seeing the piece of glass sticking out of your knee??? :(
    I assume you had to get that stitched up in A&E, right?

Yeh I did sort of freak a little. I didn't go to A&E, I got a nurse friend to look at it at the wedding and take the glass out. Had to fill out incident reports and all :rolleyes: I work in a hospital so when I went in on the Monday my boss was like "eh, I think you need a stitch" but I couldn't be dealing with that so I just kept putting new plasters on it! I reckon it'll be a scar for life now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

Chipped my front tooth drinking from a bottle of beer when my friend decided to start dancing in front of me and whacked her elbow straight into the end of the bottle, the dentist said I was lucky that I only lost a small corner of the tooth.

I've also ended up in A&E getting stitches in my head after shenanigans at parties, but that was nobody's fault but my own.. Couldn't wash my hair for a week till the stitches came out, the blood dried and flaked out over the next few days which was lovely.

Yeh I did sort of freak a little. I didn't go to A&E, I got a nurse friend to look at it at the wedding and take the glass out.
    [...]
    my boss was like "eh, I think you need a stitch" but I couldn't be dealing with that so I just kept putting new plasters on it! I reckon it'll be a scar for life now!

That's some crazy sh*t, man! :D

And some blood-soaked plaster that must have been!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭nicechick!

oh Cringe!! Well Walking along minding my own business I tripped hurting my ankle got up kept going thought oh that's a bit sore!

Next morning/day woke up swung legs around crash! pain horrific had to call my mother screaming ''don't send dad up!!'' needless to say she picked me up off the floor BUTT NAKED

Turns out I had broken my ankle!

nicechick! wrote: »
    oh Cringe!! Well Walking along minding my own business I tripped hurting my ankle got up kept going thought oh that's a bit sore!
    [...]

Same thing happened to one of my best friends. A broken ankle is not fun! She was miserable at home for 6 weeks - takes so long to heal!!! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Satts

Broke my banjoe string at a party once ;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭nicechick!

Same thing happened to one of my best friends. A broken ankle is not fun! She was miserable at home for 6 weeks - takes so long to heal!!! :(

I'm not sure which was worse mother raging/fuming at the fact that I had obviously been ehh a tad bit worse for wear not to notice! while she attempted to bloody help dress me! longest hour into A&E ever mother fuming (who drives at about 5miles in hour she was no rush to get me into A&E for sure, myself in pain)

oh I miss those days! I was out Friday night and sober needless to say I watched this chick giving it loads so much so people stopped to watch! I couldn't help holy sh!t do I behave like that when I'm drunk :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,508 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Was at a house party in Boston a few years ago. We decided to go outside to the playground in the middle of the night to play baseball. Anyway in the pitch dark, my friend pitched the ball towards me. Sure I couldn't see it and it smacked me right in the eye. Had a awful shiner the next morning.

Got the ride though so it wasn't all bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 threestripes

Fell asleep at a houseparty (as full as full could be mind you) one night. Fair enough if someone got a permanent marker out or shaved my eyebrows, but the lads put some nail varnish remover on my head and wondered if it would light. Sadly for me it was highly flamable and burt the hair and ear, first degree burns and alot of cream needed after that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

nicechick! wrote: »

Next morning/day woke up swung legs around crash! pain horrific had to call my mother screaming ''don't send dad up!!'' needless to say she picked me up off the floor BUTT NAKED

So what you're telling us is that you sleep in the nip ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

burned my lip on a mini pizza. seriously hungry followed by a seriously sore piece of molten cheese stuck to my lip and then a serious downer on the rest of the night for me.

oh i do have wild nights, eating the pizza before it's cool like the hipster i am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Sounds like you're more embarrassed than in pain a true ankly injury should override any embarrassment through sheer pain. Like the ankle turning in and proper wrecking the ligaments.. had to be carried off the field, and home that's some annoying shìt :/ took me a few years to eliminate the proneness the original damage left me with was always threatening to turn in again. n **** up the ligament again .. ankles eh. be careful

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭JayzuzHowiye

At a bbq a few years ago, sitting in a semi circle at the back door of the house, one of the lads threw a can of beer out to a friend to the left of me, the guy to the left of him punched it and it smashed me right in the mouth, lost a front tooth. That sucked and cost nearly a thousand euro :(

Couple years later on a night out, taking a piss in the jacks towards the end of the night at the urinal, someone got pushed into me, I in turn with my hands occupied closing me jeans fell face first onto the floor, breaking my nose and chipping a bottom tooth and opening up my chin.

I'm an unfortunate ****.

Fell asleep at a houseparty (as full as full could be mind you) one night. Fair enough if someone got a permanent marker out or shaved my eyebrows, but the lads put some nail varnish remover on my head and wondered if it would light. Sadly for me it was highly flamable and burt the hair and ear, first degree burns and alot of cream needed after that.

Sounds like you need new friends tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Mickey Dazzler

I woke up one morning after a wild party only to find a broom handle rammed up my arse.

• Advertisement

I woke up one morning after a wild party only to find a broom handle rammed up my arse.

The thread title states "through no fault of your own"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

must have being awful sweeping up after

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭dave3004

Worst injury I got at a party was to my ribs…… From laughing.
    The party was on its knees dying and there was only ugly chicks left. I took my guitar out and played Save Tonight by Eagle Eyed Cherry.
    Everybody was cracking up as some guy was constantly getting the lyrics wrong. He kept singing "Stay Tonight" while eyeing up some fat chick he was chatting up for the previous hour.

dave3004 wrote: »
    Worst injury I got at a party was to my ribs…… From laughing.
    The party was on its knees dying and there was only ugly chicks left. I took my guitar out and played Save Tonight by Eagle Eyed Cherry.
    Everybody was cracking up as some guy was constantly getting the lyrics wrong. He kept singing "Stay Tonight" while eyeing up some fat chick he was chatting up for the previous hour.
    god bless the fat chcks where would we be without them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

Funnily enough, or rather not, I fecked up my ankle at the weekend also. Just had to call in to work and try to explain. Bosses wife answered and I asked if he had a contact number for me. Also had to explain that I lost my phone, so I'm sure she thinks/knows that I was on a total bender Sat night. My foot though is ACHING. I wonder what point do you get to that you should go to the hospital for an X ray? :/ Seriously.

• Advertisement

Funnily enough, or rather not, I fecked up my ankle at the weekend also. Just had to call in to work and try to explain. Bosses wife answered and I asked if he had a contact number for me. Also had to explain that I lost my phone, so I'm sure she thinks/knows that I was on a total bender Sat night. My foot though is ACHING. I wonder what point do you get to that you should go to the hospital for an X ray? :/ Seriously.
    if its not broken difene and a strap will do, cud be a hairline fracture get it checked

You should have told him you fell while running for a bus and your phone flew out of your hand and smashed into smitherines.

Go the doc.

Oh, and feel better!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 threestripes

Sounds like you need new friends tbh.

ahh dont worry, the other lads kicked lumps outta them, and sure no harm meant

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

At house party few years back. After few drinks and few 'smokes', a friend rugby tackles me taking the piss, I lose my footing a fell back. Got up cursing him with a sore arm. Went to bed... Had to get up when drink wore off, in to a&e to discover I've a broken collar bone.

After a week in the sling I discover I also have a massive lump on the back of my head, apparently when I fell my heas clipped a coffee table.

Still have bump where collar bone broke. I tend to remind my mate of this every so often to make him feel bad :p

Oh jeez, some friends you have! You should so get revenge for that (not injury or anything) but a prank to repay the favour is in order, I reckon!!!

First degree burns, fecking hell! Did you at least slap the idiot that had that stupid idea around a little bit after that horrific experience??? Do people not know what's in nail varnish remover?? I mean, come on, why else would it smell so chemical if it wasn't a strong CHEMICAL!

Idiots annoy me...
    To say the least, they need to be send to the Zoolander Center For Kids Who Can't Read Good And Wanna Learn To Do Other Stuff Good Too!!!

LH Pathe wrote: »
    Sounds like you're more embarrassed than in pain a true ankly injury should override any embarrassment through sheer pain. Like the ankle turning in and proper wrecking the ligaments.. had to be carried off the field, and home that's some annoying shìt :/ took me a few years to eliminate the proneness the original damage left me with was always threatening to turn in again. n **** up the ligament again .. ankles eh. be careful

Oh don't worry - I am in pain. went to the GP there today and the ligament was injured as well in the process! :(

And yes, at the time it was very embarrassing when it happened at the party but that feeling went pretty irrelevant after I couldnt put my foot on the ground anymore.

Not a hypochondriac so don't worry - not posting this cos I'm an attention whore... :(
    just posted this as a start for stories to exchange!

Also, I am not in as bad a state as my friend who broke her ankle - I mean that is ten times worse!

I sprained my ankle and injured a ligament in the process meaning I cant drive for this week and it'll take at least 2-3 weeks til the foot is back to normal 100%

Go to the hospital or at least your GP. Seriously. You never know with ankles. I thought I could just wait it out and get better by hopping around doing stuff. How wrong I was! Thought that if you move the foot around a bit or put a bit of weight on it, it'll get better quicker. How wrong I was!
    I angered my ankle and GP - doctor told me I should have rested from the start and not done something stupid like walking around!
    If it hurts and/or is swollen you need to go and see your GP, at the least!!!

Otherwise what could happen is what happened to my friend - she found out after two weeks of having an injured ankle that it was broken. They then said that she might need surgery cos of it - so the moral of the story: GO TO YOUR GP and/or HOSPITAL if necessary!!!

At house party few years back. After few drinks and few 'smokes', a friend rugby tackles me taking the piss

[...]

Still have bump where collar bone broke. I tend to remind my mate of this every so often to make him feel bad :p

You should - make him suffer! He should buy you pints for life after that! Broken collar bone is no joke!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

Thanks guys for the replies. Basically I called in sick to work and have sat in bed with my foot raised. I did hobble downstairs to get bran flakes but that will do me now. I've actually since found out that one of my mates had my phone in his pocket so I'm getting it off him later. I really really really hope my ankle isn't ****ed :( I will go straight to A&E tomorrow morning early if it's still as sore. Never. Drinking. Alcohol. Again. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Ended up at a friends family gathering one night at their house (marquee out the back, free bar, everything) and got pretty damn drunk. After kissing my mates sister (who was barely legal at the time) their younger brother and his friends thought it would be funny to chase me around threatening me. At one stage, they all jumped up on my back and I fell crashing to the ground, chipping 2 teeth

• Advertisement
Advertisement