Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Annoying injuries at parties through no fault of your own? Do share!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Roadtrippin

Thanks guys for the replies. Basically I called in sick to work and have sat in bed with my foot raised. I did hobble downstairs to get bran flakes but that will do me now. I've actually since found out that one of my mates had my phone in his pocket so I'm getting it off him later. I really really really hope my ankle isn't ****ed :( I will go straight to A&E tomorrow morning early if it's still as sore. Never. Drinking. Alcohol. Again. :(

Please do me a favour and just go and see your GP/Hospital or a Physiotherapist today. If you wait too long with this kind of injury it can result in long term repercussions, even surgery or permanent damage...

Seriously, no joke - my friend was told she may have to get surgery because of the broken ankle not being spotted!!! SEE YOUR GP, please!

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Roadtrippin

Ended up at a friends family gathering one night at their house (marquee out the back, free bar, everything) and got pretty damn drunk. After kissing my mates sister (who was barely legal at the time) their younger brother and his friends thought it would be funny to chase me around threatening me. At one stage, they all jumped up on my back and I fell crashing to the ground, chipping 2 teeth

Great friends... Seriously a lot of "friends" of people that posters tell stories about on this thread have no cop on.
    What's so funny about putting nail varnish remover on someones head or knocking them over so they chip their teeth!

They should all get send to A&E working there for one night - see how they like knocking over people then!!! :mad:

*rant over*

(ranting a lot to do - apologies upfront)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

Please do me a favour and just go and see your GP/Hospital or a Physiotherapist today. If you wait too long with this kind of injury it can result in long term repercussions, even surgery or permanent damage...

Seriously, no joke - my friend was told she may have to get surgery because of the broken ankle not being spotted!!! SEE YOUR GP, please!
    Went to the doctor first thing this morning. She said it's not broken, just sprained, so has given me some anti inflammatory tablets & gel & a cert off work for the week. Had to hobble into chemist & shop for some food as place was empty and really felt the strain on my ankle after all that walking so I'm resting it now :) Least it's not broken and I don't need crutches! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭saralou2011

took up an offer of a piggy back ride home, was going fine until he decided to race my friend [who was also giving a piggy back] he trips over= a broken wrist and 4 stitches in my chin for me :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭nicechick!

Calibos wrote: »
    So what you're telling us is that you sleep in the nip ;)

too right! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

Does pregnancy count as an injury?

I'm male by the way..

Let's see where this one goes.............

And go!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

I'm male by the way..

Let's see where this one goes.............

And go!!!!!

Well once at a party,,,,,,,,,,9 months later oh jebus the pain:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭micropig

No, I think that's classed as an accident:p

My ex managed to slam my knee in a door, repeatedly. We we all messing around, chasing him (he was wearing a tshirt that said "Spank Me"), he ran into the bathroom, I ran in after him, he did an about turn and slammed the door to shut me in there... on my knee. Then, thinking it was just me pushing against the door, he slammed it again, and again, then leaned up against it with all his might (thankfully he wasn't an awful lot stronger than me!). It took one of his friends to said "Dude, I don't think she's playing anymore", so he opened the door and I came rolling out like molton lava, jesus, wouldn't talk to him all night. To make it worse I was eventing that weekend, a pretty important team event, and if I hadn't been able to ride, it wouldn't just have been me that would have kicked seven shades of sh*te out of him in the end!

• Advertisement
Advertisement