Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installing Wifi Card (Toshiba Satellite L450D-11W)

Options
  • 29-04-2012 9:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭

My wireless internet connection keeps dropping and reconnecting by itself at irregular intervals. I've had the Eircom technician out and he could locate no problem with the line, and tried 4 different routers (All sent out by Eircom) still to no avail. I'm not exactly what you would call Tech savvy but i'm starting to think the wireless card in the laptop is nackered. Where would the best place to buy a new WIFI card be? I want to buy and install it myself as an alternative to forking out to PC world etc... as funds are pretty tight at the moment. The laptop is a Toshiba Satellite L450D-11W. All help greatly appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Sounds like wireless interference. Login and change wireless channel before you splash out. Doubt the Eircom engineer did this, they haven't a clue about this sort of thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Username99

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Sounds like wireless interference. Login and change wireless channel before you splash out. Doubt the Eircom engineer did this, they haven't a clue about this sort of thing.

I tried all the wireless channels before, no joy there. We dont have a monitered alarm, there are no phones sharing the same socket as the router. We dont have cordless phones in the house and there are no neighbours in such a close proximity that could affect us. Going out of my mind over it...

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Bloodwing

Have all the modems that Eircom sent been the same type? Eircom use the Zyxel modem and despite the fact that there have been endless issues with this modem (as can be seen on the Eircom forum) they continue to use them. If you know someone with a modem they could lend you for a few days it would help you eliminate that as the cause. I recently got my Eircom Netopia router replaced due to a fault and they gave me a Zyxel. I had nothing but problems with it until i went and bought a Netgear router.

Advertisement