Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very harsh ban from Politics for "generalisations"?

Options
  • 29-04-2012 9:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭

I made this post in politics
    FYP to reflect reality.

I also take offense by your implication that my outrage is feigned.
    Anybody who isn't annoyed by this doesn't pay tax so is either
    (a) on the dole
    (b) living abroad
    (c) evading tax

...for which I was banned for a month. The mod K-9 claimed it was for generalisations. I thought it was a very logical post - I listed which groups don't pay income tax in Ireland. These groups would not be upset at the perpetual abuse of public funds by our politicians as they don't contribute to the state coffers (besides VAT). Same way I don't care how corrupt Japanese politicians are as I don't pay tax there, therefore it's not my money. Does this not make sense?

Regarding the FYP, I was unsure if that was allowed in this forum. It was used against me before and I reported it. When no action was taken against the offender, I assumed it was allowed. But when I use it, one mod in particular comes down on me like a tonne of bricks.

I'd like an overturn of the ban please. Or at least for it to be lessened.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Dades will handle this as he's not a Politics mod. Personally I think your post was exactly what we don't want in the forum but that's not a judgement on the fairness of your ban or anything.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

OP - did you PM the mod in question before posting this thread - as per the rules of the DR forum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭SMASH THE UNIONS

No, but I will do so now. I was unaware of the exact rules. The message sent informing me of the ban linked me to this forum if I wanted to dispute the ban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭SMASH THE UNIONS

Issue resolved with the mod in question.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Good to hear. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement