Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which TV ?

• 29-04-2012 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭

The Tv I have is on its last legs so need to change it but can't decide which to go for any ideas.
    Samsung ue46es8000,
    Samsung ue46d7000,
    Panasonic Txp42gt30,
    Panasonic Txl47et5,
    Panasonic Txc42dt50b,
    LG 42Lw450u.

I know they are all different but I am been told they are all great by different people I really dont have a clue so not sure if I will need all the lights and whistles.

Just want to get a good tv that will last.

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

All good TV's to be fair, though personally, I'd get the Panasonic GT30.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭andy1249

Yup , the GT30 has many excellent reviews out there , you will struggle to find a bad one , its definitely the top of the bunch you have listed there by a long shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭Dazzling D

Panasonic DT for me out of those.

But my favorite deal of the minute is this - http://www.currys.ie/Product/SONY-Bravia-KDL46HX823-Full-HD-46andquot-LED-3D-TV/311431/339.0

Would easily match any of the sets mentioned with spec to spare. Free blu-ray too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,943 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Be careful about paying for specs that you don't need or will use. It will add to the price of your TV and you might be able to get a cheaper TV for your needs.

As an example, I think I heard recently that 80-90% of 'SMART' TVs are not connected to the internet, which is their main selling point. Sometimes buyers can get baffled by marketing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 49 maradonas

hi i just bought a tv today its still in the box a panasonic tx-l42e5b?

love to know what you all think of it i may bring it back not sure its as good as i thought and dont want to unpack it if so. it cost me 899.00 euro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭jwb1

I'm also looking around for a new TV and - like the original poster said - the array of choices is bewildering. I'm not a big TV or DVD watcher but just need something decent for general purpose use. I'm not really interested in spending a large volume of cash so my budget is probably around the 600+ euros mark.

Can anyone advise on the specs to focus on and manufacturers to choose/avoid? Screen size is either going to be 37" or 40" but, beyond that, I haven't much of a clue. My sense is that things like LED vs LCD, refresh rate and number/type of interfaces are going to important factors.

Any advice appreciated.

Advertisement