Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Present for 5year old

Options
  • 29-04-2012 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭

Hi My little boy is now in the magical world of 5 year old birthday parties:D
    For my nieces/nephews I would normally give 20euro. For God children I would give more prob 20euro plus buy some clothing.
    Now for a school buddy of my child is 10euro considering enough? (I would prefer to give cash as I dont like getting too many small presents in to the house myself) If 5people gine a tenner then 50could buy a fab present ( or even shoes for child if needed:o;))

If a school friend gave my child any more then 10euro I would think it OTT.

Do you think 10euro is enough?

Thanks for reading :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

i usually ask the mother what the child likes or needs, if that is not possible, i often give colouring pencils and books or other art supplies.
    5 to 10 euros is fine I think and i love the idea of money, but i have not seen it happen. maybe vouchers or old fashioned book tokens, if they still exist?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

lynski wrote: »
    i usually ask the mother what the child likes or needs, if that is not possible, i often give colouring pencils and books or other art supplies.
    5 to 10 euros is fine I think and i love the idea of money, but i have not seen it happen. maybe vouchers or old fashioned book tokens, if they still exist?

I love the idea of book tokens too, have been recently horrified when my friend told me that her 4 year old has only 2books. I could not under stand it.
    They have every toy you could imagine, just no books. We could sell books here:D

I ve also heard of people giving penny's vouchers especially to girls for hair accessories and such.Also a good idea I think

Advertisement