Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One house - two agents?

Options
  • 29-04-2012 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭

I've seen this a few times on daft now. Two seperate ads for one house with a different agent (and price maybe) for each ad. What's that about? :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Simply trying to get the best price for the property!

Very common in the UK, although the agent's fee will be higher. Normally, if you keep it with one agent, then the commission rate will be lower for sole agency. Higher rates can and will be charged for multiple agencies.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I don't get it though, who the hell is going to go to agent A when another agent B is undercutting their asking price on the same property?

I thought it was something to do with repossesions :confused:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Generally the price will be the same. But the property will be appearing in two shop windows, and two sets of EAs will be talking about the property to their clients.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭killers1

There's no undercutting as there's only 1 vendor at the end of the day who will have the final say on the price....It's just an attempt by the seller to try to drum up as much interest/viewings as possible and maybe even an attempt to keep the EA's honest...

Advertisement