Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Voluntary Redundancy Help!

Options
  • 29-04-2012 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi Boards,

Approx 2 years ago, after redundancies the balance of staff in my company were asked whether we all wanted to work 3 day or face possible job losses. We decieded that 3 days was better than no days! Anyway, now after holding on, hoping things would improve I've decided that I cannot afford to stay any longer & plan on heading abroad.

There has been no mention of voluntary redundancy but feel that I am entitled to it. Has anyone been in a similar situation & if so how have of broached it with your employers? I'be been working in this company for approx 6 yrs by the way.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Redundancy is compensation for the emoloyee when the job is no longer needed by the company, NOT a golden handshake to send you on your way when you resign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Yep...
    And to further cheer you up any future redundancy will be less as it will be based on your current salary... You would have got more had you left a few years ago...

You cannot canvass for voluntary redundancy... your just quitting

• Registered Users Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭3DataModem

That's not necessarily true. If you constantly and formally petition your employer for restoration of extra days, any subsequent redundancy is based on 5 day salary. Odd, but true.

Advertisement