Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HD Collections (PS3) (What would you like to see)

• 29-04-2012 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Hello to everyone
    I am a huge gaming fanatic and the idea of older ps2 and psp games being redone in hd and being released onto the PS3 is amazing.
    So far I have bought most of the available ones to me which include the God of Wars, Metal Gear Solids, Tomb Raiders, Devil May Crys and so on.

Now the the main topic of this thread.
    I would like to see what other people would like to come out in a hd collection.
    Personally I would like to see the following come out:
    Final Fantasy Collection(10, 10-2 and 12) -- I know 10 has been announced on its own
    Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2
    Shadow Hearts(1, covenant, from the new world)
    Star Ocean 3(only one available on ps2)
    Dragon Quest (5, 7,8)
    Tekken (4, 5)
    Naruto (ultimate ninja 1 to 3)
    Naruto Shippuuden (ultimate ninja 4 and 5)

There are probably more I would like to see but this is all I can think of at the moment.
    Anyway I would like to see what others think, and who knows if enough topics like this pop up around the internet with similar requests, sony and games companies might get the idea and redo the games :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

GTA please...

And Final Fantasy series, from IV - X

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,547 ✭✭✭✭Varik

aaronh007 wrote: »
    GTA please...

And Final Fantasy series, from IV - X

No XII, hoping they do 12 as i left that at the big tower at the waterfall/edge of the world.

X as long as i don't have to dodge lighting for a trophy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Ace Combat 4,5 and 0.

Res Evil 2 and 3.

Colony Wars series from the PS1 era.

G Police.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,138 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Legacy of Kain series

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,433 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I know this is a thread for wishful thinking but do we not all agree at this stage that we are never going to see a PS1 game in a HD collection?

Seems better to restrict our requests for more realistic PS2 era options!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Onimusha HD collection with 1, 2 and 3 but while I didnt like Dawn of Dreams at first it grew on me, but probably no chance of 4 games in one of these HD bundles.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Mutant

noodler wrote: »
    I know this is a thread for wishful thinking but do we not all agree at this stage that we are never going to see a PS1 game in a HD collection?

Seems better to restrict our requests for more realistic PS2 era options!

That is true, due to the low polygon counts in ps1 games it has been released that to redo the ps1 classics would involve a complete remake of the game from the ground up. So unfortunately companies will not be willing to do this for the money and time it would take to do this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

i'm still playing the games I got :rolleyes: the endless mode on stardust and unit 13 high scores is enough. And resistance is less than a month away!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Mutant wrote: »
    That is true, due to the low polygon counts in ps1 games it has been released that to redo the ps1 classics would involve a complete remake of the game from the ground up. So unfortunately companies will not be willing to do this for the money and time it would take to do this.

They did for Res Evil 1. It turned out great but the developers said they will never do it again and the amount of work was more difficult and time consuming than making a game from scratch. Shame, if they did for Res 2 what they did for 1 it would be epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭yermanoffthetv

They did for Res Evil 1. It turned out great but the developers said they will never do it again and the amount of work was more difficult and time consuming than making a game from scratch. Shame, if they did for Res 2 what they did for 1 it would be epic.

...Yet ask any real Resi fan what they want and theyll tell you Resi 2 + 3 redone like the gamecube remake :rolleyes: The series has turned into a complete joke at this stage and little more than a button masher streached out with a few cutscenes for the spoilt ADD brats who cant focus long enough to remember which door had a spade etched on it. Speaking of old Resi games what about finally releasing a version of 1.5 as an "alternate universe" edition or some ****e like that. I know a large part of the game is esentially the same as 2 but it had the unique option of different gear to equip which change the characters abilities. Oh what I wouldnt do to play that game!

Id also like to see FF8 redone, I had it on the PS1 and recently got it again on the PSN store for nostalgias sake and althought it had a nonsensical plot and a moany bollix for a main character it was beautiful for the time and has potential for an "upgrade" For PS2 it has to be the getaway 1 + 2 really really good story, atmosphere and character acting even if the controls were a bit wooden and clunky you could forgive it. Suppose Ill have to say GTA San Andreas now aswell!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Viewtiful Joe and kingdom hearts please :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

Varik wrote: »
    No XII, hoping they do 12 as i left that at the big tower at the waterfall/edge of the world.

X as long as i don't have to dodge lighting for a trophy.

An FFX remake definitely needs to cut that scene. You know the one.

"Hah hah hah hah ha. Hah hah hah hah ha." Oh my ears hurt just thinking about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭johndoe99

GTA HD Series would be great.
    Crash Bandicoot HD Series, for that matter i'd like to see a new game developed for the PS3

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

I'd love to see the original Spyro the Dragon collection ( 5 Games )

Advertisement