Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i5 2500k cooler + ocing

Options
  • 29-04-2012 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

i'm overclocking an i5 soon enough (after the lc when i build it up) and i want to know what is the best cooler for the 30-50 euro mark? i dont plan to go above 4.5 max. i'm drawn to the H40 as water cooling is sweet, but is the air a better option?

also, what's the max voltages you'd be looking at? and along with that, what's safe temps on them chips? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Incompetent

Recently done a bit of research myself. I plan on getting the true spirit.
    http://www1.hardwareversand.de/Intel+AMD/52672/Thermalright+True+Spirit+120.article.

It seems to be one of the best coolers for the price. I see you're willing to pay more, so you might get a better deal. Google tests and benchmarks for this one and you'll see it's up there with the best

Edit: I just realised I was in the overclocking forum. Obviously it's not the best if you intend on serious overclocking.

Advertisement