Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eden Hazard signs for Chelsea........ Or does he? *shifty eyes*

• 29-04-2012 10:39pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Howard Nurse ‏ @howardnurse Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    Hazard tells French television that he's decided to play in Premier League next season.

Who will Eden Hazard Sign for ? 222 votes

Man United
    0%
    Man City
    39%
    Fenix[Deleted User]DempseyStickyMcGintydavehey79dubmickcdbapplehunterTheDocDave147deisedevilSean7Julez[Deleted User]NailzShagNastiiMRPRO03Vic VinegarstesaurusFutureGuy 88 votes
    Chelsea
    60%
    tiborPalefacecournionisuper_furryMrJoeSoapmachiavellianmenlgbbbblthDraupnirUnearthlybassyevad_lhorgJuan PabloBrian017mikeymflanzerTristramelefantchupacabraJPABarr 134 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Aquila wrote: »
    hopefully Chelsea!:pac:

Doubt it, what can they offer that City can't?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Hazard has said this before mentioning several clubs I think he has said before that Arsenal were his first choice with their record of turning players into top class players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Take your pick

Europa League?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Take your pick

The chance to work with a new manager every few months?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Doubt it, what can they offer that City can't?

They can match the money , more than likely yes , will they is the question , plus I think Chelsea will be back in the hunt for the league next season , I see them being the big movers in the transfer market this season .

If City loose or draw tomorrow the league is more than likely Uniteds again so City will have won SFA this season.

I hear that Lille are after the Young lad de brunye that we bought this season and is on loan at genk , they want him on loan next season perhaps as a sweetener to the Hazard deal :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Chelsea
    He actually needs to just shut up at this stage tbh.

Don't like how vocal he is about his possible destinations at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,460 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

kryogen wrote: »

Correct. Sign of a big head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

He's doing my head in now at this stage!!!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Pimping himself out for the few extra quid I would say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,992 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

For a start he is overrated by a lot of people. He is a serious talent and still very young but he is not the finished article yet. I think Arsenal would be the best place for him if he is thinking long term. He might be believing all the hype thats going around about himself though and thats not a good thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Didn't he mention Spurs a couple of months back? Why arent they on the poll? Cant see him going to Chelsea with Mata and Marin in similar positions/roles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

If Chelsea were to play a 4-2-3-1, having, as the options for the 4, Mata, Hazard, Marin, De Bruyne, Piazon and maybe Kakuta/Kalou/Ramires would be ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

Cue him moving to PSG

Wouldn't surprise me if he ended up at somewhere like Juve

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Playboy wrote: »
    Didn't he mention Spurs a couple of months back? Why arent they on the poll? Cant see him going to Chelsea with Mata and Marin in similar positions/roles

I am afraid he won't be coming to Spurs, the fact the others have shown interest means he would be way out of our pay league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Dont need him, FPP rules and all that.
    We have Kalou to feed Torres, and Marin now too! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

A player like him should be wary of going to City; look at what its done for the careers of Jerome Boateng, Edin Dzeko and Adam Johnson so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Seems a likeable modest chap.

• Advertisement

G.K. wrote: »
    If Chelsea were to play a 4-2-3-1, having, as the options for the 4, Mata, Hazard, Marin, De Bruyne, Piazon and maybe Kakuta/Kalou/Ramires would be ridiculous.

Watched Kakuta today - cant see him making it in the EPL, he was pretty poor today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Chelsea
    Arsenal.

Stoke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Comes across as a bit of a dig leaving a couple of teams from the poll!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Arsenal should be an option considering how much he respects Wenger / has spoke about them before.

But I wouldn't want him, seems he could be a loose cannon.

cson wrote: »
    A player like him should be wary of going to City; look at what its done for the careers of Jerome Boateng, Edin Dzeko and Adam Johnson so far.

that could be the silver lining for another club if hazard goes to City , Adam Johnson would be on his way .

I would happily have him in the Chelsea team and let Kalou off to Arsenal

Rekop dog wrote: »

Its not ,

I only put in the teams who will realistically match the money/wages that City may offer.

Liverpool wont , Arsenal wont and neither will Spurs ,

Fergie has went to look at the fella play as has Mancini and Chelsea have been courting him since last season and have had a few bids turned down.

Utd had a scout at the game today watching him , I have not heard of much interest from , Liverpool,Arsenal or Spurs of late

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,405 ✭✭✭xtal191

Chelsea
    Vieira and Martin Ferguson were watching him tonight. And his agent was supposedly at the Wolves Man City game last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Who? Arsenal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

Chelsea
    I'm not sure if I want a player who whores himself out so frequently.

This french football Journalist has City in poll position to sign him , MUFC just behind , Spurs in third and Chelsea fourth

202856.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

J. Marston wrote: »

Who? Arsenal?

There's a greater than 0% chance he rocks up at Spurs or Arsenal imo, unlikely yes, but I'd include them in a poll a let people decide for themselves!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

More from Laurens
    @LaurensJulien: To sum up Hazard atm:#mcfc leading, #mufc just behind, #thfc (only with CL), not keen on #cfc,too expensive for #afc, not interested in #lfc”

Happy days if true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Xavi6 wrote: »
    More from Laurens

Happy days if true
    Kess just died a little inside somewhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Kess just died a little inside somewhere

I won't lie, the last bit was my favourite

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,593 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Chelsea
    I won't lie, the last bit was my favourite

Especially after seeing his expression in the video when they were proposed to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

City or United I reckon. With City being the more likely.

Chelsea would be in 3rd for me but with De Bruyne and Marin already coming into the attack next year not sure Hazard will be too interested. Although they'll probably ditch Kalou and Malouda so wouldn't bee too overloaded there.

We can't afford him. Plus if we do sign him we'll only be a stepping stone for 2 or 3 years before he moves on. Same with Spurs I reckon.

I reckon Marin will turn out to be a better signing for Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Chelsea
    monkey9 wrote: »
    I reckon Marin will turn out to be a better signing for Chelsea.

I have to ask if you have seen Marko Marin play this season? Also, have you seen Eden Hazard this season? If you have, and acknowledge that Marin has been mediocre to the point that Bremen fans are not upset he is leaving, and that Eden Hazard has been very very impressive, yet you have other reasons, then that's fine. I just hope you havent made that statement based on having not seen either enough. Because as of now Hazard looks a far better player. Not saying Marin is crap, infact I think for £7m it is a fantastic signing, I just think Hazard has what it takes to step up to a big club and be one of Chelsea/United/City's best players.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    I have to ask if you have seen Marko Marin play this season? Also, have you seen Eden Hazard this season? If you have, and acknowledge that Marin has been mediocre to the point that Bremen fans are not upset he is leaving, and that Eden Hazard has been very very impressive, yet you have other reasons, then that's fine. I just hope you havent made that statement based on having not seen either enough. Because as of now Hazard looks a far better player. Not saying Marin is crap, infact I think for £7m it is a fantastic signing, I just think Hazard has what it takes to step up to a big club and be one of Chelsea/United/City's best players.

Yep, i agree that Marin has been poor this season. I just think he needs a move to reinvigorate him. A couple of years ago he looked like a mini Messi!!(not that he was ever going to be that good obvioously)

Hazard is a Belgian footballer playing well in the French League!! I'm not saying that Marin is better, i'm just saying Hazard could very well be overrated!!

Look, i think both players are class!! But Marin is a bit like Cisse! Why aren't we in for him!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Hazard will be going to City if he goes to the PL. Money talks. City are the club with the brightest future both from a monetary point of view and a potential silverware point of view. Plenty of world class players there already and the money to add more class players. Chelsea I'm sure would also be interested but the signing of Marin makes it seem like they won't be making a move for Hazard. Also Chelsea aren't guaranteed champions league football next year (they do have 2 bites of the cherry to get it though I'd imagine!!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

IMO hes just as likely to end up at Real Madrid as he is at City,United,Chelsea.

Whoever does come in for him, then it will be al down to whoever he wants to join.

I'd love to see him at Chelsea but unless we finish in the UCL places next season I dont see it happening.

We would have to be very persuasive to lure him to us if we finish with Europa League football and no certanity over the managerial situation.

If City win the league though I reckon they'll be favourites to get him as teh money Arsenal could offer him would be eclipsed by what the other 3 could, but only if their willing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Playboy wrote: »

They are on the poll.You just can't see them becuase they are 4th.

Chelsea
    SDTimeout wrote: »
    Arsenal should be an option considering how much he respects Wenger / has spoke about them before.

But I wouldn't want him, seems he could be a loose cannon.

But god damn it, he gets results!

Stopped following laurens a while ago, always negative regarding Arsenal and Chelsea transfers

Once again folks, its just a journo trying to look ITK

In that same tweet, it says he fanicied Rangers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

More from Laurens

Happy days if true

i came on here to post this, id be pretty confident in his sources as he is a very genuine jouno. he spent some time in ireland a while back and did an interview with RTE around the world cup qualifiers so is well respected

so it looks like its a shoot out between united and city, with city slightly ahead.

i came on here to post this, id be pretty confident in his sources as he is a very genuine jouno. he spent some time in ireland a while back and did an interview with RTE around the world cup qualifiers so is well respected

so it looks like its a shoot out between united and city, with city slightly ahead.

Well it doesnt take a genuis to work out it will be 4 or 5 clubs.
    But we've seen so many times, things can change very quickly and even in the last 15 mins of the transfer window

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

Man City
    I think Kompany (country capt) could sway him, with Utd seemingly likely to sign Kagawa.

Shame, was looking forward to seeing him play every week.

Chelsea
    Fenix wrote: »
    I think Kompany (country capt) could sway him, with Utd seemingly likely to sign Kagawa.

Shame, was looking forward to seeing him play every week.

Kompany and 200k a week. And you can still watch him every week if he signs for City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Chelsea
    He may be whoring himself around but it doesn't seem to be affecting his game. 9 goals in his last 9 home matches and 17 in total and 14 assists in 34 league games. At 21 he probably isn't the finished article. The question is just how brilliant is he going to be when he's the finished article. I think he's City bound.

• Advertisement
Advertisement