Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eden Hazard signs for Chelsea........ Or does he? *shifty eyes*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

KingdomYid wrote: »
    I could not give a flying f*ck who challenges for the title because realistically my team won't be involved in it. As I have already said I would prefer if United ran away with it than one of the oil rich teams competing and winning it.

If United ran away with the league then the league would become very boring. This would result in less people watching Premier League matches and less revenue for all the teams in it, making the wealth disparities between the top teams and the rest even worse than they currently are.

It's also worth noting that since 2007-2008 the league has been decided on the final day 3 times. This surely makes the league more entertaining for all? None of this would have been possible without the money spent by City or Chelsea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

I could not give a flying f*ck who challenges for the title because realistically my team won't be involved in it. As I have already said I would prefer if United ran away with it than one of the oil rich teams competing and winning it.

Worms all over the place here.......

You do know Manchester United have throw a fair whack of money at that squad too ya know. At the end of the day money talks in this day and age of football. If it wasn't a Man city or Chelsea with the rich owners it would be two other teams maybe even Spurs :eek: What would you say if a rich sheik came and bought out Spurs and throw his checkbook around to sign players would you still say its bad for the league poor Newcastle & Everton. I'd think not ;)

Make hay while the sun shines..... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Would'nt the league be a better place if money did not talk and the likes of your team and mine could actually challenge. The likes of Chelski getting stronger is only bad news for Newcastle and the rest of us.

But thats the way the real world is.

For City and Chelsea - read the Utd of old - paying 27 mill for an 18 year old Rooney. Berba joined them for 34 million etc etc

Thats how other team fans including Chelsea and City fans felt - how could we compete?

Now the shoe is on the other foot for now.

Blackburn did it and Newcastle - all before Chelsea and City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Chelsea
    I hope he is a massive failure, sick of hearing him talk shite all year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Chelsea statement to Associated Press: "As with all transfers, when we have something to announce we will announce it in the usual way."

Genuine question. how many players went to chelsea over the past 8 years since the russian came in and now, are/became genuine better players?

you could count them on one hand id say, Drogba being one of them and even now, he is not the force he was in 09/10. ashley cole another, but he was hardly going to become a worse player by moving a few miles across the city.

going to chelsea is not a good move for hazard, it doesnt make sense for him at all.

I know what you are saying and I agree and posted as much in the Utd thread. Chelsea is not the place to go if you are a young player looking to develop - hell we dont even have a manager.
    But money talks and if a player is good enough he can improve himself and learn from other players.
    But he wont be treated carefully like Fergie treats them

Chelsea just dont do young players and develop them in the first team - we buy ready made off the peg.

We are trying, and there are signs of progress, but we are a long way off Utd, Everton, Swansea etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

adox wrote: »
    Chelsea statement to Associated Press: "As with all transfers, when we have something to announce we will announce it in the usual way."

I'm telling ya he is the world best super troll, I'll not believe he has signed until I see him on the front page of the Chelsea website holding up our nice shiny new top with the gold star above the crest.

Then I'll believe it ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Worms all over the place here.......

You do know Manchester United have throw a fair whack of money at that squad too ya know. At the end of the day money talks in this day and age of football. If it wasn't a Man city or Chelsea with the rich owners it would be two other teams maybe even Spurs :eek: What would you say if a rich sheik came and bought out Spurs and throw his checkbook around to sign players would you still say its bad for the league poor Newcastle & Everton. I'd think not ;)

Make hay while the sun shines..... :D

Yeah but in fairness United were winning leagues a long time before they threw big money at their team. They have built their team and fortune up over a sustained period. I have had the discussion about how I would feel if Spurs were taken over by a billionaire and to be honest I do not know how I would feel if it happened, you could be right though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Man City
    Yeah but in fairness United were winning leagues a long time before they threw big money at their team. They have built their team and fortune up over a sustained period. I have had the discussion about how I would feel if Spurs were taken over by a billionaire and to be honest I do not know how I would feel if it happened, you could be right though.

Man United broke the transfer record several times during the early 90's, e.g. Pallister & Keane

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Turtyturd wrote: »
    That 'constant' challenge was on the back of the team Mourinho built, and the Champions league, which took 10 years to reach was the pinnacle for a lot of that team. They have already started to move on, and over the next year or two the spine of the team will be gone with it looking unlikely that there will be players to step in. Him or his agent obviously haven't done their research if they think it will be a regular occurance, but it looks like money and attention is more important to him so maybe he will be happy there.

Deluded much ?

We have been preparing for the moving on of the old guard for the last season or two , we have plenty that will be good enough to step up to the plate when there time comes, Our youths have won the Youth FA cup 2 of the last 3 seasons , we have some serious talent out on loan gaining experience , things are rosey blue at Chelsea.

Out of the last 10 seasons we have been in the mix somewhere along the line for Silverware and thats something that wont be changing,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

But thats the way the real world is.

For City and Chelsea - read the Utd of old - paying 27 mill for an 18 year old Rooney. Berba joined them for 34 million etc etc

Thats how other team fans including Chelsea and City fans felt - how could we compete?

Now the shoe is on the other foot for now.

Blackburn did it and Newcastle - all before Chelsea and City

Chelsea were the first super-rich club where money just didn't matter. Citeh wouldn't exist in their current form if Roman hadn't come along and I fear that this is only the beginning.

Sustainable clubs can't compete with unsustainable clubs and it will ruin football because more of them will come along. Arsenal have to break a wage structure that survived years of awesomeness from Henry because RVP's had a good 18 months.

Citeh, Chelsea, PSG, Anzahi, Malaga - the list is only beginning buddy and it's not the same as Blackburn buying Shearer and winning one league, or Man U spenging the revenue they'd been workng for years to increase.

Pretty soon you'll have the 'we don't give a sh1t about money' clubs and everyone else will be a feeder club. No one team players, no youth system, just a bunch of players looking to have a great six months and then land themselves 170k per week like Nasri.

gosplan wrote: »
    Chelsea were the first super-rich club where money just didn't matter. Citeh wouldn't exist in their current form if Roman hadn't come along and I fear that this is only the beginning.

Sustainable clubs can't compete with unsustainable clubs and it will ruin football because more of them will come along. Arsenal have to break a wage structure that survived years of awesomeness from Henry because RVP's had a good 18 months.

Citeh, Chelsea, PSG, Anzahi, Malaga - the list is only beginning buddy and it's not the same as Blackburn buying Shearer and winning one league, or Man U spenging the revenue they'd been workng for years to increase.

Pretty soon you'll have the 'we don't give a sh1t about money' clubs and everyone else will be a feeder club. No one team players, no youth system, just a bunch of players looking to have a great six months and then land themselves 170k per week like Nasri.

They said the same when players went professional, abolished wage caps and more recently when ALL the football clubs made a deal with the devil called TV rights and formed the Premier League.

Pop will eat itself!

• Site Banned Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Ares

Thats it, with him supplying the bullets, CHELSEA will EAT UP THE LEAGUE NEXT SEASON!

Stop writing like a retard. Can't wait for when Roman fúcks off and Chelsea go back to the mind numbing mediocrity so associated with Chelsea during their first 98 years.

Ares wrote: »
    Stop writing like a retard. Can't wait for when Roman fúcks off and Chelsea go back to the mind numbing mediocrity so associated with Chelsea during their first 98 years.

thats your first contribution to the soccer forum?
    Nice work buddy!

I would like to join the soccer forum. I have read the soccer forum charter and agree to abide by the rules of the soccer forum.

thats your first contribution to the soccer forum?
    Nice work buddy!

I would like to join the soccer forum. I have read the soccer forum charter and agree to abide by the rules of the soccer forum.

Its actually my second post in the forum.

I've been reading your posts since I joined and so many have this large font bullshít you go on with.

Also would you care to illustrate which aspect of the charter I've broken Mr. Back Seat Moderator?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Man City
    Also would you care to illustrate which aspect of the charter I've broken Mr. Back Seat Moderator?

the bit after 'stop writing like a .......'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Chelsea
    Will him and Mata fit in the same team?

Its actually my second post in the forum.

I've been reading your posts since I joined and so many have this large font bullshít you go on with.

Bit of a fan eh? Or A STALKER! :eek:

GET A SENSE OF HUMOUR BECAUSE YOU WILL NEED ONE HERE!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

JPA wrote: »
    Will him and Mata fit in the same team?

Hopefully, I cam see them both swappig from wode left to central amd vice versa.

Mata looked wasted put left for us cpz we had nothing inside to create with hazard even if we play mata strictly wide we'll have hazard inside to create.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭plasmaguy

Hi everyone..I'm back after my "holiday".

I'm trying to decide if I will play with Chelsea, Man Utd or Man City next year.

Just waiting on some offers, but can't decide who I will play with, thinking about utd though as I like the colour of their strip!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Hazard look what you've done ^^^^ :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

First 98 years were not all that bad mind you ! A European trophy before some of other english powerhouses il have u know .

First 98 years were not all that bad mind you ! A European trophy before some of other english powerhouses il have u know .

Nah, our "history" started in 2003 I'll have you know.

Sure until Roman came along we were a relegation battling team.

Thats a common fact :pac: :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭plasmaguy

Such as?

Everton, Aston Villa, Spurs, Arsenal, Leeds, etc etc all have European Trophies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Hope he is a rip roaring success. Nice to see a footballer that isnt just another bland personality. Of course football fans absolutely HATE anybody with remotely any resemblance of character. They seem to want 22 robots on a pitch that sit in a dark room for the rest of the week when they are off it.

Curse you Eden Hazard for making a transfer a little bit interesting and fun.

• Advertisement

Preston had 2 league titles before every other team in English football.

Meaningless stat is meaningless.

plasmaguy wrote: »
    Such as?

Everton, Aston Villa, Spurs, Arsenal, Leeds, etc etc all have European Trophies.

Our first European trophy , go check it out

Preston had 2 league titles before every other team in English football.

Meaningless stat is meaningless.

It's relative , you say our first 98 years were mind numbing , I disagree with you and gave an example , now do you comprehend ?

It's relative , you say our first 98 years were mind numbing , I disagree with you and gave an example , now do you comprehend ?

Prior to Roman's feted arrival 18 teams had won more leagues than Chelsea. #Mediocrity.

Prior to Roman's feted arrival 18 teams had won more leagues than Chelsea. #Mediocrity.

Since then only 2 teams have. #stupid stat.

• Advertisement

What other teams have won has nothing to do with my opinion ,
    We won plenty of silverware before roman and now were wining bucket loads , it's all good .

Speaking of mind numbing this discussion is rapidly heading that way ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,071 ✭✭✭✭event

Hope he is a rip roaring success. Nice to see a footballer that isnt just another bland personality. Of course football fans absolutely HATE anybody with remotely any resemblance of character. They seem to want 22 robots on a pitch that sit in a dark room for the rest of the week when they are off it.

Curse you Eden Hazard for making a transfer a little bit interesting and fun.

there's having character and being massively up your own hole.

hazard is one of the above and its not the first one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Chelsea
    on the pitch he's been a model pro for Lille and that's what counts above all else, surely ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Chelsea
    gavredking wrote: »
    Nah, our "history" started in 2003 I'll have you know.

Sure until Roman came along we were a relegation battling team.

Thats a common fact :pac: :)

Actually if he hadn't there was a good chance that chelski would have been, they were extremely close to being the first prem club to go into admin. Besides ye didn't begin in 2003 it was 94 when harding pumped a load of money into chelsea.

Actually if he hadn't there was a good chance that chelski would have been, they were extremely close to being the first prem club to go into admin. Besides ye didn't begin in 2003 it was 94 when harding pumped a load of money into chelsea.

Huh? In 98-99 3rd, 99-00 5th, 00-01 6th, 01-02 6th, 02-03 4th, Roman arrived 03-04 2nd.

I can see how we were on the verge of relegation alright. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Has anyone on here actually seen this guy play regularly and can they comment on him? I mean not the idiots who see Ibra for 2 games a season and declare him as crap I mean someone who has watched him for a season. Is he all the hype? I've not seen a kick of League 1 this year so can't comment on him being worth 1 or 100 million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Glad City haven't got him, we've enough circuses as it is and there's plenty more fish in the sea when you've a blank cheque book.

Chelsea
    gavredking wrote:
    Huh? In 98-99 3rd, 99-00 5th, 00-01 6th, 01-02 6th, 02-03 4th, Roman arrived 03-04 2nd.

I can see how we were on the verge of relegation alright.

I meant as in after that, ye were seriously screwed moneywise, de lucas(was it de lucas?) was the only signing the year before and that was a loan. the one thing that really pissed me off with the roman take over was that arsenal were close to signing terry and gallas and that fell through.

Still though fair play to ye for beating city to Hazard. He'll get more games with ye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

lol everyones glad they didn't get him :D

while I agree the whole way he conducted the media was really annoying. I think it'll be worth it if he turns out to be a genuine world beater

can't help but feel theres so much sour grapes.

I meant as in after that, ye were seriously screwed moneywise, de lucas(was it de lucas?) was the only signing the year before and that was a loan. the one thing that really pissed me off with the roman take over was that arsenal were close to signing terry and gallas and that fell through.

Still though fair play to ye for beating city to Hazard. He'll get more games with ye.

Arsenal got Gallas eventually, everybody won :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

lol everyones glad they didn't get him :D

while I agree the whole way he conducted the media was really annoying. I think it'll be worth it if he turns out to be a genuine world beater

can't help but feel theres so much sour grapes.

Or they feel he is not worth 32 or 35 Million pounds and the rumored agent fee, wages which cost close to 78 Million. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

They said the same when players went professional, abolished wage caps and more recently when ALL the football clubs made a deal with the devil called TV rights and formed the Premier League.

Pop will eat itself!

Yeah but I never said it.

Also note the difference - all players went professional and all the clubs formed the premier league.

Look this is the direction football is going in, and no doubt if I were a Chelsea fan, I'd be loving the last few years, but I don't think I'd say that it's the same as Blackburn winning the league or United breaking the British transfer record - you're kidding yourself with that one.

If a club is willing simply to bypass the growing revenue stage and move straight to buying success, there's very little that anyone can do about it as long as they're willing to spend enough. Now, I couldn't give a toss who wins the league once Arsenal don't - to me it's pretty much one bunch of cnuts instead of another but the impact that these clubs are having on player costs, wages and the finances of other clubs is going to be extremly negative.

Chelsea
    Arsenal got Gallas eventually, everybody won :p

No we bloody lost, its the one thing i can thank roman for, he delayed the gallas deal.

Seeing as this is the hazard thread, the guardian's gallery.

Fixed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

I can see how we were on the verge of relegation alright. ;)

Huge difference between administration and relegation mate.

Before the last match of 02-03, the players were told to go out and win Champion's League football, because there wouldn't be a club to play for next year otherwise.* Things were very, very grim.

* I can't point to which player/official leaked that, but nobody has ever disputed it, and it's been referenced several times in media discussion of CFC. The club were in serious trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭DoctorGonzo08

Disappointed he didn't sign for City, but delighted he's in the premiership. Chelsea will be some force next year with Mata/Torres/Hazard strike force. Hopefully he's not too expensive in FPL :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Disappointed he didn't sign for City, but delighted he's in the premiership. Chelsea will be some force next year with Mata/Torres/Hazard strike force. Hopefully he's not too expensive in FPL :D

That's assuming Torres returns to his form of old, which is a HUGE assumption. I still think Chelsea need and will sign another quality striker.

Blatter wrote: »
    That's assuming Torres returns to his form of old, which is a HUGE assumption. I still think Chelsea need and will sign another quality striker.

Yeah, it's an assumption, but I don't think it's far fetched to be honest. The guy is quality and with those two behind him he will be a serious threat to any defence. If Chelsea want rid, I would love to see him at City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Chelsea
    Blatter wrote: »

It's a massive assumption considering how poorly they played last year.

But this is a good step in the right direction for Chelsea from a squad that was looking old and playing some terrible football. Still, massive re-investment is needed in this team. As of today including Hazard, I think their Champions League status is massively at risk.

Are they really though? I thought alot of Chelsea's form last year had to do with the whole AVB debacle. What do they need? A RB and a CM maybe? I'm a little amazed at how everyone has completely written off Torres too, but I'm sure nobody will have doubted him next year when he starts to score for fun. My opinion obviously.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

I'm a little amazed at how everyone has completely written off Torres too

It's been two years since he was any good, bar brief flashes of genius against Chelsea (for Liverpool) and Leicester...

Advertisement