Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eden Hazard signs for Chelsea........ Or does he? *shifty eyes*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Chelsea
    Stopped following laurens a while ago, always negative regarding Arsenal and Chelsea transfers

Once again folks, its just a journo trying to look ITK

In that same tweet, it says he fanicied Rangers!

you have to discount this guy when he thinks that Spurs are among the favourites. Is Levy really prepared to blow their wage structure to get him. I really doubt that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Chelsea
    City will be signing him if he comes to England as expected, they need another player in that position sure ;)

Also, United cant win in a bidding war between the two clubs so that pretty much rules us out, that is why we are identifying cheaper and less high profile alternative players imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

Man City
    I can see Ferguson turning him into a world star ala Ronaldo
    If the player had half a brain he wouldn't be joining such a dysfunctional unit as City is right now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Chelsea
    Arsenal should've gone for him last year but pissed off lille by signing park from under thier noses. Typical Arsenal, fart around long enough for a player to out price himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Chelsea
    He'll sign for the money. So City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

Chelsea
    darokane wrote: »
    If the player had half a brain he wouldn't be joining such a dysfunctional unit as City is right now

Say what now? You know tonight's game puts us top of the league if we win. I'll take that kind of disfunction any day.

I'm not sure about this Hazard bloke tbh. Dzeko was the next best thing in European football too.

Chelsea
    Scuba Ste wrote: »
    I'm not sure about this Hazard bloke tbh. Dzeko was the next best thing in European football too.

Maybe, if he hadn't gone to such a dysfunctional club, he still would be :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Chelsea
    J. Marston wrote: »

Seems a likeable modest chap.

Did you garner that from the 50 second clip? He seemed shapey to me.

Anyhow, the guy talks way too much, I hope he ends up being shite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Chelsea
    Arsenal should've gone for him last year but pissed off lille by signing park from under thier noses. Typical Arsenal, fart around long enough for a player to out price himself.

Ah jesus, dont remind me.
    That worked at well.:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭The Radiator

CSF wrote: »
    Especially after seeing his expression in the video when they were proposed to him.

???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

How about we give them Park now as part of the deal? Everyone's a winner then :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Info FF : Désireux de rejoindre la Premier League en fin de saison,Eden Hazard a jeté son dévolu sur Tottenham. Selon nos informations, l'international belge de 21 ans s'est mis d'accord avec le club londonien, qui correspond à ses aspirations, puisqu'il participera sans doute à la prochaine Ligue des champions.

Comme il souhaitait avoir du temps de jeu et ne pas être noyé dans un effectif pléthorique, le prodige lillois a préféré les Spurs àManchester United, Manchester City, Arsenal et Chelsea, tous candidats à son transfert au printemps. Il reste désormais aux deux clubs à s'entendre sur le montant de la transaction.

Si le joueur possède, depuis sa dernière prolongation de contrat, une clause libératoire à hauteur de 40 millions d'euros, son transfert fera très probablement l'objet de négociations serrées. D'ici à ce que tout soit officiellement réglé, d'autres clubs risquent donc de tenter d'inverser la tendance. A l'image de MU, qui était avec Tottenham le club le plus insistant ces derniers jours... (Photo Presse-Sports)

http://www.francefoo...-tottenham.html

Google Translate:
    FF News: Eager to join the Premier League at the end of the season, Eden Hazard has set his sights on Tottenham . Reportedly, the Belgian international has 21 years of age agreed with the London club, which meets their aspirations, since it probably will participate in the next Champions League.

As he wished to have game time and not be drowned in an overstaffing, the prodigy Lille chose the Spurs to Manchester United, Manchester City, Arsenal and Chelsea , all candidates for transfer to the spring. It remains now to the two clubs to agree on the amount of the transaction.

If the player has, since his last contract extension, a release clause at 40 million euros, the transfer will most likely be the subject of tough negotiations. Until everything is officially settled, other clubs may therefore try to reverse the trend. In the image of MU, who was with Tottenham the club most insistent in recent days ... (Photo-Press Sports)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Chelsea
    He'll probably cost at least £35 Million and is apparently looking for £200,000 a week. Signs for 5 years and he ends up costing you £87,000,000. The guy is good but no where near worth that sort of money.

He'll definitely end up at City. Wasn't he in the United Stadium for the derby too? Nailed on to go to City IMO.

Only 2 clubs in England that can afford him tbh.

Take your pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭joshrogan

It's a bad sign when you're not liked by the majority of supporters of a league you wish to ply your trade in next season.

• Advertisement

Chelsea
    His pr skills may not be great but his footballing ones are. i'm sure he'll win over his doubters on the pitch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Man City
    More than likely a move to Newcastle United in a swap deal for Alan Smith.

Seriously though, United would be a much better move for him than City.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Chelsea
    Some comments just after the Lille game there.
    Hazard also confirmed that he was in Manchester for the Manchester derby but refused to declare a preference for either team.
    Eden Hazard asked if he prefers red or blue on Canal+: "I like both. They're both nice colours. I think they both suit me." What a tease.

Chelsea
    Really is a mouthpiece tbh, hope he lives up to his billing while togging out for City next year, although, they dont really need him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

-Ade- wrote: »
    Some comments just after the Lille game there.

Just on what you say there, Ade. I think i read there he was a guest of Man City's.

Either way, i do expect him to be at Man City next season!!

• Advertisement

Hazard and RVP at city would be unreal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

:pac:

Arsenal are after Clint Dempsey now we know why!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭tinofapples

He'll probably cost at least £35 Million and is apparently looking for £200,000 a week. Signs for 5 years and he ends up costing you £87,000,000. The guy is good but no where near worth that sort of money.

He'll definitely end up at City. Wasn't he in the United Stadium for the derby too? Nailed on to go to City IMO.

Has he really demostrated a need to command either that transfer fee or that weekly wage while playing in the French topflight ? Especially the wage.

Chelsea
    rarnes1 wrote: »
    Hazard and RVP at city would be unreal.

I don't really see why van Persie would go to City when it's likely that Barcelona could be in the market for a striker.

Hazard would probably take Nasri's place in the team.

I don't think United really need a Hazard at the moment. I'd say he'd only go to two teams in the PL: Us and City. Only City would pay him that money. I can't see Fergie letting that much money go to waste on potential alone when we need a CM.

I don't really see why van Persie would go to City when it's likely that Barcelona could be in the market for a striker.

Best team in England(almost)
    Chance to challenge for the title.
    CL football obviously.
    Money, vast amounts of it.

Chelsea
    Has he really demostrated a need to command either that transfer fee or that weekly wage while playing in the French topflight ? Especially the wage.

No he hasn't but the silly wages City are paying players sets the tone for a player of his ilk to command a ridiculous wage.

Nasri is on £185,000... joke wages

No he hasn't but the silly wages City are paying players sets the tone for a player of his ilk to command a ridiculous wage.

Nasri is on £185,000... joke wages

Peanuts to city tbf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Chelsea
    Lot of talking. I don't want to get my hopes up.

Reckon he's a City player next year.

Chelsea
    CL football obviously.

Barcleona pay higher wages than City, chance to win La Liga, the best league in the world atm.

Being the best team in England doesn't mean a whole lot. The standard of the teams performances in Europe have been terrible. Mancini's record in Europe is appalling. The United team on display is at it's worst in years and we are level with City and we are both far better than the rest of the league.

In my opinion, the English league isn't doing very well at the moment and only for the Chelsea bus it would be worse but Chelsea's performance against Barcelona says a lot about the difference in quality that both teams have.

Barcelona/Real Madrid always will be a bigger step for players. One of City's better players couldn't get in Barcelona's first team last year.

Being perfectly honest the Premier League is in decline and La Liga and the Bundesliga have capitalised on that.

I can't think of any reason why a player picks Manchester over Barcelona or Madrid and Manchetser has the countries two best teams by a country mile. Doesn't say a whole lot for the EPL if you ask me.

Barcleona pay higher wages than City, chance to win La Liga, the best league in the world atm.

Being the best team in England doesn't mean a whole lot. The standard of the teams performances in Europe have been terrible. Mancini's record in Europe is appalling. The United team on display is at it's worst in years and we are level with City and we are both far better than the rest of the league.

In my opinion, the English league isn't doing very well at the moment and only for the Chelsea bus it would be worse but Chelsea's performance against Barcelona says a lot about the difference in quality that both teams have.

Barcelona/Real Madrid always will be a bigger step for players. One of City's better players couldn't get in Barcelona's first team last year.

Being perfectly honest the Premier League is in decline and La Liga and the Bundesliga have capitalised on that.

I can't think of any reason why a player picks Manchester over Barcelona or Madrid and Manchetser has the countries two best teams by a country mile. Doesn't say a whole lot for the EPL if you ask me.

Playing for Barca>>> City obviously.Was just pointing out reasons why he'd go to City.

• Advertisement

Chelsea
    CL football obviously.
    Playing for Barca>>> City obviously.Was just pointing out reasons why he'd go to City.

Oh, right, ha. My mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,460 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

A lot of rubbish spoken about R Van Persie on here. He is going nowhere.

He told me so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

A lot of rubbish spoken about R Van Persie on here. He is going nowhere.

He told me so.

carragher from Liverpool told me 3yrs ago that he was going to give liverpool another season then goto Scotland before retiring.

He's still there ...so its just an example that no matter what they say...they might not have control over what happens.

(plenty of other premiership players will move as long as the money is better than the current place...as long as the setup is good.)

I'll be genuinely surprised if RVP isn't wearing an Arsenal shirt next season, whether that's with a new contract or whether he's made run his contract down I don't know. Either way I'd imagine whatever is decided will be done before the Euro's. Lessons learned from last summer.

Regarding Hazard, rumours on twitter floating that he's going to Spurs for game time if they get Champions League. Personally though, money talks and he'll be wearing sky blue next season.

As an aside, assuming they sign Hazard and x number of other players, the turnover of players there is sick. If I was going there I'd be writing a starting clause into my contract.

Chelsea
    Spurs can't afford him sure, no way they would be willing to pay him half of what he would get offered by the Sheiks

kryogen wrote: »
    Spurs can't afford him sure, no way they would be willing to pay him half of what he would get offered by the Sheiks

Which is why he won't go there imo. I'd be raging as an Arsenal fan if he went to Spurs for reasonable money under the auspices of game time. He'd get that with us.

The only way he'd go there is if they spent whatever they got for Bale on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

http://www.espnstar.com/football/premier-league/news/detail/item799315/Hazard:-I'll-wear-blue-next-season/
    Lille midfielder Eden Hazard hinted that he could join Manchester City after stating he will "definitely" be wearing a blue jersey in the coming season.

When asked on whether he prefers red or blue, Hazard told Canal+: "I like both. They're both nice colours. I think they both suit me."

But he later reconsidered his answer and added: "The blue, it's the blue that I'll be wearing next season. Definitely the blue."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Haven't seen a bigger media whore than Hazard.

This guy is really putting himself out there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭plasmaguy

I haven't heard of the guy.

However, the French League is vastly inferior to the EPL and has been for years now, the last French Team to reach the CL final was Monaco, and before that Marseille over ten years before.

I'd rate the Portuguese League above the French league in standard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Van Persie will surely be at Arsenal next season, and be title contenders for next year. Can see him nicking a few in on Sunday, in a high-scoring West Brom game, that will be his last hurah before Podolski comes along and becomes the Cisse to his Ba:):)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Man City
    Blargh. Im so sick of City being able to muscle out all competition in transfers. I get why they do it. I get why it makes their fans so happy. I just hate that United are likely to lose yet another awesome name to City...

Chelsea
    plasmaguy wrote: »

However, the French League is vastly inferior to the EPL and has been for years now, the last French Team to reach the CL final was Monaco, and before that Marseille over ten years before.

Forgive me for not placing too much store on your opinion. If you haven't heard of Eden Hazard, how could you possibly have any idea on the relative standards of the French and Portuguese leagues ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Laika1986

plasmaguy wrote: »

The French League is far better than the Portuguese league imo. Lille, Marseille,PSG,Lyon, Montpellier, Bordeaux whereas Portugal have Porto,Benfica and Lisbon that's it really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Chelsea
    United should table bids for half the players they think are over rated in europe and a few that they actually want. Let City splurge the oil money and get knackered by FFP. Then pick up 3 decent players who they kept under the radar towards the end of the summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

Blargh. Im so sick of City being able to muscle out all competition in transfers. I get why they do it. I get why it makes their fans so happy. I just hate that United are likely to lose yet another awesome name to City...

Do you not realise that especially in the late 1990's and early 2000's you could sub United into where you have City there.

Liverpool/Blackburn/Chelsea/Spurs/Arsenal/Newcastle or anybody else in the premier league couldn't complete with United in the transfer market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Chelsea
    Do you not realise that especially in the late 1990's and early 2000's you could sub United into where you have City there.

Liverpool/Blackburn/Chelsea/Spurs/Arsenal/Newcastle or anybody else in the premier league couldn't complete with United in the transfer market.

United were never as profligate with cash as City are/Chelsea used to be. They were well able to shell out for players but you cant compare it to the outlay city have had in the last 2-3 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭PeterTwo

Well Blackburn could... for a season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

United were never as profligate with cash as City are/Chelsea used to be. They were well able to shell out for players but you cant compare it to the outlay city have had in the last 2-3 years.
    Different amounts, but money gets higher as time goes by. Nobody could compete with United for more than one or two years. Just like nobody can compete with City now. It's the exact same in regards outspending your opponents.

How each club got the money is another matter, but the point remains they both heavily outspent their rivals. United didnt do it every season, but they did most.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I think it's great

• Advertisement
Advertisement