Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eden Hazard signs for Chelsea........ Or does he? *shifty eyes*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Oh my god did a Chel$ki fan just do a £££££ joke against city.

;)

Yup, if City want they can blow anyone out of the water.

As I said its all down to Hazard. If he has a favourite club or preferred destination then he'll go there, if its about money then City is his club, and its nothing against City, but their in a position to offer him more then just about any club around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Not a fan of him before he even arrives. Doesn't seem to know what he wants. personally I'd be amazed if he didn't go City but it might nearly be a good thing to avoid him, may well have ego problems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

What ego problems does Hazard have? All I've seen so far are his answers to incessant media questioning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Chelsea
    OctavarIan wrote: »
    What ego problems does Hazard have? All I've seen so far are his answers to incessant media questioning.

It's ridiculous really. Loads of people wouldn't be able to point him out of a line-up and yet have decided they hate him.

He has not shied away from the attention he is getting, but he is a 21 one year old footballer keeping his options open. People will always believe what they want when it comes to the media.

Will have to check back on this thread in a year or two to see how some people's opinions have changed once he plays in the Sky Sports Barclays Premier League of Champions, the greatest league in the history of the world ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Chelsea
    This whole palava is much more about twitter, blogging and the internet than it is about Hazard's ego.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭kippy

greendom wrote: »
    This whole palava is much more about twitter, blogging and the internet than it is about Hazard's ego.

Its about the incessent media "coverage" given to nothing more than "speculation"
    News sources that call any of this speculation "news" are a joke. Papers have columns to fill, sports news channels have hours to fill and twits have followers to gain, but none of this is "news".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Man City
    Hopefully hes United bound.

Any young player that has the slightest potential to become a big player only needs to look at Old Trafford as the place to apply their trade.

Enough youngsters have been bred into world class players in that stadium, and most recently you olny have to look at Ronaldo and Rooney and their developement.

Heres hoping he isnt been strung along by a dodgy agent looking for $$$$$
    Darren Can ‏@Darren_Can This 'Sky sources' stuff today, concerning Hazard - suggesting he prefers United. Will try and give some insight into this in next tweets
    Darren Can ‏@Darren_Can From what I know, it's not mercato365, anyone on Twitter or random guess work. Dharmesh Sheth (Man United fan) spoke to Michel Seydoux yday
    Darren Can ‏@Darren_Can Michel Seydoux appeared on camera as he agreed to give people an update on what was going on. Then, with camera off...
    Darren Can ‏@Darren_Can ..he may have said off the record that United has the edge. That's what constitutes 'sky sources'.
    Darren Can ‏@Darren_Can That said,Michel Seydoux may have just fed them a duff line. In the grand scheme of things,'Sky sources' isn't 100% fool proof. No source is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

If UTD are serious about him they will land him.

City will wave the cash, but UTD may need to break all wage records to get him.

Also the player may need to make some sacrifices if he wants his ideal move.

Transfer fee wont be the issue - personal terms will .

Leiva wrote: »
    If UTD are serious about him they will land him.

City will wave the cash, but UTD may need to break all wage records to get him.

Also the player may need to make some sacrifices if he wants his ideal move.

Transfer fee wont be the issue - personal terms will .

United wont be breaking any wage records for a 21 year old who hasnt achieved anything of note yet, especially when it would mean players like Rooney, Nani, etc would want to match those wages.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

He's hardly helped his case with BS like this. If everytime he was asked he simply refused to comment the media would soon stop asking.

kippy wrote: »
    United wont be breaking any wage records for a 21 year old who hasnt achieved anything of note yet, especially when it would mean players like Rooney, Nani, etc would want to match those wages.

...he has already played his last card when it come to wages .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,594 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Chelsea
    Why in the name of Christ would Hazard go to Chelsea to play centre-half for their Champions League campaign?

Leiva wrote: »
    ...he has already played his last card when it come to wages .

So have United broken their wage record and structure already?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

CSF wrote: »
    Why in the name of Christ would Hazard go to Chelsea to play centre-half for their Champions League campaign?

Maybe with someone like Hazard we could stick more balls in the back of the net, thus not needing to defend like that.

But I'd doubt he'd care. If it gets him a CL medal he'd do it.

He's hardly helped his case with BS like this. If everytime he was asked he simply refused to comment the media would soon stop asking.

That video seems to have been produced by Nike Belgium, not Eden Hazard. And the media would not stop asking if he just started declining to comment. The media has never worked like that. They create a story and a public persona, it's what they do.

Chelsea
    V9 wrote: »

Maybe with someone like Hazard we could stick more balls in the back of the net, thus not needing to defend like that.

But I'd doubt he'd care. If it gets him a CL medal he'd do it.
    Steady on there mister, one CL win does not a dynasty make. Still 12/1 for next years.

Even still. He will feel he can improve the squad and help them defend it. That will be his mindset.

Chelsea
    Even still. He will feel he can improve the squad and help them defend it. That will be his mindset.
    No he will want to join the best team if he is trophy motivated and the one who pays the most if he is financially motivated. Or perhaps a balance between both.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

No he will want to join the best team if he is trophy motivated and the one who pays the most if he is financially motivated. Or perhaps a balance between both.

On a Balance , Chelsea it is then , currently the best team in Europe :pac::pac::pac: and the financial clout to match the best of them

• Advertisement

Chelsea

On a Balance , Chelsea it is then , currently the best team in Europe :pac::pac::pac: and the financial clout to match the best of them
    Good luck with that..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Man City
    This thread screwed up for anyone else? View first unread just brings me to the very last post in the thread.

I don't think I can cope with missing some snippit of a tweet from some randomer on the interwebz who has a mate with an itk source.

That video seems to have been produced by Nike Belgium, not Eden Hazard. And the media would not stop asking if he just started declining to comment. The media has never worked like that. They create a story and a public persona, it's what they do.

Did Nike force him to do the video or something? I suppose off camera there is a nike executive pointing a gun at his head.

Did Nike force him to do the video or something? I suppose off camera there is a nike executive pointing a gun at his head.

I'm sure Nike made it very worth his time to do it. Sponsorship generally works like that.

I'm sure Nike made it very worth his time to do it. Sponsorship generally works like that.

Ah so it's not ego, it's greed. Makes him sound like a great chap altogether.

That, to you, is greed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

yeah how dare he take loads of money for very little work, what a wanker...

That, to you, is greed?

Doing something you aren't happy with just for money makes you look pretty greedy I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Out of the three I hope he goes to United.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭seanwhite20

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,513 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Hazard denies United Switch!
    Hazard refuses to deny City rumours!
    Hazard keeping schtum on Liverpool move!
    Hazard the uppity little oik thinks he's too good to talk to the Sun!

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Flincher

Hazard denies United Switch!
    Hazard refuses to deny City rumours!
    Hazard keeping schtum on Liverpool move!
    Hazard the uppity little oik thinks he's too good to talk to the Sun!

So is he going to Liverpool then?

Flincher wrote: »

Nope.

Just a sensible lad .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

no team has managed to defend it since the introduction of the champions league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Flincher wrote: »

I would be beyond shocked if we could even come close to signing him at this present time tbh.

Obviously would love to have a player of his calibre in the side but I can't see him joining us over City/United.

Add to that, we need to buy smartly for a couple of positions and blowing all our transfer money and wages on Hazard probably would not be the best way to go about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Name Changed

Chelsea
    I can't see him going anywhere other than City. Guaranteed money and guaranteed trophies. He won't get as much money at either of the other two, plus City look to have a better chance of winning trophies because of their superior squad.

rossie1977 wrote: »
    no team has managed to defend it since the introduction of the champions league

Im aware of that, but what do defending champions think? "oh, we'll see how it goes, we wont defend it anyway"?

Every team will think they can break the bold and defend a title. Every team will want to make the history book for that, and players coming into a team will want to help to do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I can't see him going anywhere other than City. Guaranteed money and guaranteed trophies. He won't get as much money at either of the other two, plus City look to have a better chance of winning trophies because of their superior squad.
    Nobody is guaranteed trophies.City were seconds away from finishing the season with zilch.
    I'd expect they will be challenged hard by United and maybe Chelsea next year.

As for guaranteed money?? :confused:
    It's not Rangers that are in for him,I'm sure he'll be paid what he agrees to sign for. :)

BBC Colin Murray reckons Hazard to Utd

You can listen to the source of the rumour here http://t.co/qQANTrUi starts at 27 minutes. The BBC HAVEN'T announced it as a done deal, it was just Colin Murray waffling on about a source saying it's a done deal. Hence why it's not on the BBC website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

BBC Colin Murray reckons Hazard to Utd

You can listen to the source of the rumour here http://t.co/qQANTrUi starts at 27 minutes. The BBC HAVEN'T announced it as a done deal, it was just Colin Murray waffling on about a source saying it's a done deal. Hence why it's not on the BBC website.

He said the doorman told him and that he was right about Villa interviewing Solskjaer last week.

Hardly a credible source.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

jamc wrote: »
    He said the doorman told him and that he was right about Villa interviewing Solskjaer last week.

Hardly a credible source.

He insinuates that this 'source' has been right about things before though.

But yeah, I'd take it with a pinch of salt.

And....

Officialy denied by Lille assistant Director Frederic Paquet :
    Reacting to Man Utd rumours today, he said "Today, officially, Eden did not sign nowhere"

And....

Officialy denied by Lille assistant Director Frederic Paquet :
    Reacting to Man Utd rumours today, he said "Today, officially, Eden did not sign nowhere"

That's a double negative. He did not sign nowhere... so he did sign somewhere

Transfer confirmed! Party in the streets!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Edenie IzhazardoqGB8nwK_original.jpg

According to Sky, he's "agreed terms" with 3 clubs. Lille have agreed fee's with the three clubs and he will decide on or before June 2nd, before he goes on holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Please be Chelsea Please be Chelsea Please be Chelsea Please be Chelsea Please be Chelsea

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Man City
    @LinsayBBC : Cannot fully verify source but being told Eden Hazard has chosen Manchester United and will sign on or before Monday. Fee believed to be roughly £31.5 million (€40 million). #mufc #bbc #hazard

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Man City
    Dammit, I'm going on a hunt if these people and their "sources" prove to be wrong...

Any time I've heard from these sources, be it here or twitter or wherever, its always Utd that have the job done, zero mention of Citeh or Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Man City
    @LinsayBBC : Cannot fully verify source but being told Eden Hazard has chosen Manchester United and will sign on or before Monday. Fee believed to be roughly £31.5 million (€40 million). #mufc #bbc #hazard

I have my lucky sock at the ready ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement