Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eden Hazard signs for Chelsea........ Or does he? *shifty eyes*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Hope it's not true :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

@LinsayBBC : Cannot fully verify source but being told Eden Hazard has chosen Manchester United and will sign on or before Monday. Fee believed to be roughly £31.5 million (€40 million). #mufc #bbc #hazard

And here's more proof that all the big clubs challenging for the title are the same. They spend money to do so. It's not just Manchester City.

Cracking signing by the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Atmnv2WCAAA1oXA.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Man City
    That Twitter account also goes on to say other players (Nasri, for instance) have "agreed to terms" with United before joining City instead, so once again, until it's offical, then we shouldn't say it's a done deal...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

Paully D wrote: »
    And here's more proof that all the big clubs challenging for the title are the same. They spend money to do so. It's not just Manchester City.

Cracking signing by the way.

Utd have net expenditure of 13 million between 2006-2011. City have a reasonable figure of 380 million. Dont you think it's taken alot of money for City to become a "big" club?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,595 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Chelsea
    TonyD79 wrote: »
    Utd have net expenditure of 13 million between 2006-2011. City have a reasonable figure of 380 million. Dont you think it's taken alot of money for City to become a "big" club?

City aren't a big club. They're a good team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,992 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I find that hard to believe, are you including the summer of 2011?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

CSF wrote: »

Bollox, City have always been a big club.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

karma_ wrote: »

Samantha Brick comes to mind here :D

• Advertisement

Chelsea

*checks your profile to clarify 100% that you are in fact a City fan*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Chelsea

Really? I would have thought at max decent sized, especially when United/Madrid/Liverpool/etc are considered to be big clubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Really? I would have thought at max decent sized, especially when United/Madrid/Liverpool/etc are considered to be big clubs.

City are like a medium hamburger in a Macdonalds drive through - they got SUPER SIZED !!

Chelsea
    City are like a medium hamburger in a Macdonalds drive through - they got SUPER SIZED !!

Chelsea too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Chelsea
    Aquila wrote: »
    As a matter of interest CSF who do you support in the footy?

Shelbourne, and before you ask no I don't think we're a big club in Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Real dropping £80m on Ronaldo did a lot to help that.

Chelsea
    cson wrote: »

When City buy and develop (or nurture an academy starlet) to be worth that amount of money then we can justify the knocking of that off their net spend too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Chelsea

Why is that brought up? Clearly he was worth that. Its one of the most ridiculous arguments ever. He's the second best player in the world.

Looking back it was a cheap deal for Real Madrid.

'Skews the figures' etc. What a load of crap. The guy is exceptional and will finish close to being the best player to ever grace a football pitch. He was worth a lot more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Chelsea
    Why is that brought up? Clearly he was worth that. Its one of the most ridiculous arguments ever. He's the second best player in the world.

'Skews the figures' etc. What a load of crap. The guy is exceptional and will finish close to being the best player to ever grace a football pitch. He was worth a lot more.

No footballer is worth 80 million IMO. Prices are way too inflated.

I'm not using it to make any point; merely noting that being the vendor of the worlds most expensive player does a lot to help your net spend line.

Ronaldo has more league goals than he has made appearances so certainly it represents good value from a Real Madrid perspective.

City's academy ain't too bad either CSF; Richards, SWP, Ireland and Sturridge all turned out to be good players.

And I'm not even wheeling out the heavy ammo to make that point either; its the same academy that produced Glenn Whelan. /argument :cool:

• Advertisement

Chelsea
    Redzer7 wrote: »

Prices are worth the going market relative to previous transfers before that, relative to the amount of money being pumped into the game.

There is no arbitrary amount that a player is or is not worth.

Chelsea
    Redzer7 wrote: »

That's not relevant at all. Its what is paid for footballers so that's the figures we work off.

Chelsea
    I'm not using it to make any point; merely noting that being the vendor of the worlds most expensive player does a lot to help your net spend line.

Ronaldo has more league goals than he has made appearances so certainly it represents good value from a Real Madrid perspective.

City's academy ain't too bad either CSF; Richards, SWP, Ireland and Sturridge all turned out to be good players.

And I'm not even wheeling out the heavy ammo to make that point either; its the same academy that produced Glenn Whelan. /argument :cool:

I wasn't taking a swipe at City's academy. Just saying that United earned the money to spend by selling the world's greatest player (**** off Messi lovers). Sell to buy is usually how a good net spend is achieved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Chelsea

Absolutely hate this. Should it just not count? Why? Because we bought a skinny step-over merchant for 12m and 6 years later sold the current holder of the Ballon D'Or for a £68m profit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Chelsea
    No, it should definitely count.

But it was an exceptional transaction & that should also be noted.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Absolutely hate this. Should it just not count? Why? Because we bought a skinny step-over merchant for 12m and 6 years later sold the current holder of the Ballon D'Or for a £68m profit?

See here.

I'm not knocking it ffs.

You United fans are so precious.

Mr Alan wrote: »

Thank you.

Chelsea
    Mr Alan wrote: »

Everything in football is exceptional. In terms of net spend it should not be counted as without the Ronaldo money perhaps United would not have signed some players they have. Bebe was exceptional should we exclude that as it was dodgy?

Some people haven't a clue what net spend actually means. The argument was that United have earned to spend and City haven't. Simple as tbh.

The Ronaldo argument is one of those things in football a kin to the hatred for Robbie Keane in Ireland; Retarded.

Chelsea
    Mikeyt086 wrote: »

See here.

I'm not knocking it ffs.

Now you generalise. Very astute. You know an argument is a load of bollocks when someone starts stupid generalisations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I'm not knocking it ffs.

How is it precious??
    People will pull you up on things they feel are not right,otherwise we could all spout as much bullshìt as we wanted to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

I wasn't taking a swipe at City's academy. Just saying that United earned the money to spend by selling the world's greatest player (**** off Messi lovers). Sell to buy is usually how a good net spend is achieved.

Ronaldo was sold for £80m, then Messi would be worth £150m. Then again no one can afford him/he wouldnt want to leave Barca unlike money-hungry Ronaldo who only cares about himself. Thank god Messi is around today otherwise it would be non-stop Ronaldo fanboys saying he is the best ever. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Warper wrote: »
    Ronaldo was sold for £80m, then Messi would be worth £150m. Then again no one can afford him/he wouldnt want to leave Barca unlike money-hungry Ronaldo who only cares about himself. Thank god Messi is around today otherwise it would be non-stop Ronaldo fanboys saying he is the best ever. :D

As opposed to what you do with Messi?

Let me knock it down as simply as I can for you;

1. I remarked that Real Madrid spending £80m on Cristiano Ronaldo helped the net spend figure of Manchester United. There was no opinion given here, simply a statement and something that's a fact as Rafa would say.

2. I subsequently qualified this by outlining what I meant in further detail.

Yet some of you still couldn't grasp it, hence my precious comment because, well, you are being precious thinking I'm aiming a dig at your club. I'm not and I wasn't.

There's no generalisation there, there's no bull**** there. Just a fact some of you have taken up as a swipe and gotten your knickers in a twist over.

Chelsea
    Let me knock it down as simply as I can for you;

1. I remarked that Real Madrid spending £80m on Cristiano Ronaldo helped the net spend figure of Manchester United. There was no opinion given here, simply a statement and something that's a fact as Rafa would say.

2. I subsequently qualified this by outlining what I meant in further detail.

Yet some of you still couldn't grasp it, hence my precious comment because, well, you are being precious thinking I'm aiming a dig at your club. I'm not and I wasn't.

There's no generalisation there, there's no bull**** there. Just a fact some of you have taken up as a swipe and gotten your knickers in a twist over.

How does it help the net spend when we probably have spent more because we received 80 million from Madrid?

Explain this please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Chelsea
    Liam O wrote: »
    As opposed to what you do with Messi?

There's one very important difference.

Messi is the best ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Chelsea

He's playing for the Spanish champions. If your saying he went for the money then you my friend are deluded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Chelsea

A rubbish statement if there ever was one.

How does it help the net spend when we probably have spent more because we received 80 million from Madrid?

Explain this please.

Are you serious? Do I need to give you a maths lesson on this?

Any figure received >£0.01 [lets call it X] helps your net spend as it offsets what goes out in spending [lets call it Y].

X - Y will give you the net spend.

Therefore as we can see from above, it is quite logical to assume that the £80m fee received for Ronaldo, being greater than £0.01, helped the net spend of Manchester United over whatever time period you wish to use.

Ordinarily I'd rise above such bolloxology but I feel like indulging myself tonight seeing as we've started labelling genuine explanations "a load of bollocks".

Chelsea
    Are you serious? Do I need to give you a maths lesson on this?

Any figure received >£0.01 [lets call it X] helps your net spend as it offsets what goes out in spending [lets call it Y].

X - Y will give you the net spend.

Therefore as we can see from above, it is quite logical to assume that the £80m fee received for Ronaldo, being greater than £0.01, helped the net spend of Manchester United over whatever time period you wish to use.

Ordinarily I'd rise above such bolloxology but I feel like indulging myself tonight seeing as we've started labelling genuine explanations "a load of bollocks".

You clearly don't understand. Simply, it's one of the most retarded arguments in football. Obviously the £80 Million altered the net spend figure. But so does selling Cathcart for £300,000. Every cent/pence used in transfers alters the figure.

But because United sold a Ballon D'Or winner, it skews the figures - Ridiculous. Obviously it alters the figures, as does every transfer, but it's retarded to insinuate that United have spent a lot more and the Ronaldo transfer 'skews' that figure. If that's the case it could be easily argued that United would not have had to spend as much had they not sold one of the best players to play football at the time.

Some people just don't get it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Most pointless debate ever?

Although it did give Warper an excuse to come in with some Ronaldo bashing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

So, erm, Eden Hazard.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

Chelsea
    Hazard to QPR. Heard it from my mates dog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Chelsea
    chupacabra wrote: »
    Hazard to QPR. Heard it from my mates dog.

Does your dog read The Times ? You need to tell him that A-R-S-E-N-A-L does not spell QPR.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

So, erm, Eden Hazard.........

Who now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭ician

I DON'TTTTTTTT CAREEEEEEEEEEEEE ANYMORE.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Who is this guy that he has his own thread with poll and 350 posts in it? Is he a new Messi or something or does he just have a very astute agent?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

They are now one of the biggest clubs in the world and look set to stay that way so long as the current owners keep the taps running. Would you dare to suggest that Chelsea "aren't a big club"?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Boskowski wrote: »
    Who is this guy that he has his own thread with poll and 350 posts in it? Is he a new Messi or something or does he just have a very astute agent?

Two times French league player of the year at the age of 21, and most imporantly he shares his birthday with me. If that is not important to deserve own thread, I dont know what can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

City are well on their way to being a big club but they're not there yet.
    Big clubs imo are measured firstly by success and fanbase and maybe then wealth.

I wouldn't call City a big club in the same way I wouldn't call Anzhi a big club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Chelsea
    LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    They are now one of the biggest clubs in the world and look set to stay that way so long as the current owners keep the taps running. Would you dare to suggest that Chelsea "aren't a big club"?

More like clubs on steroids, yes they're big at the moment but take away the sugar daddys and some of the stars and after a year a lot of fanbase will be looking elsewhere.The thing with united\liverpool\madrid\barca is they'll always have a huge following regardless of how they do, liverpool is going throuh a pretty bad patch and you can't throw a stone without hitting a supporter, the same with united in the 80's and early 90's. To me that defines a big club. Maybe after a few years if they're lucky enough to have roman and oil dude stay on they might get to the stage.

So anyway this Hazard guys good yeah?

Edit just adding it reminds of newc and blackburn back in the 90's, you'd see a few newc and BB tops going around town, you only see the odd newc top now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement