Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i5 2500k cooler and overblocking

Options
  • 29-04-2012 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

i'm overclocking an i5 soon enough (after the lc when i build it up) and i want to know what is the best cooler for the 30-50 euro mark? i dont plan to go above 4.5 max. i'm drawn to the H40 as water cooling is sweet, but is the air a better option?

also, what's the max voltages you'd be looking at? and along with that, what's safe temps on them chips? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

The H40 is fairly weak, for the price. The minimum I'd look at is the H60. As for an air cooler, the NH-D14 from Noctua is the best out there at the moment, but it's very pricey. This might just fit into your budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭..Brian..

Look at the Antec H2O 620. Getting some great reviews and fits your budget nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Beware of the H2O 620 lot of people have issues with noisy/rattling pumps. I had one & exchanged it for a H80 because of same.

I would agree with Serephucus, go with a decent air cooler instead, or at a min. a H60, & budget for a decent fan(s) as the bundled corsair ones are not the quietest.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I have had a H40 cooling my over clocked i5 (4.5ghz) for the past few months. It has been working great so far. Only problem I have had is this is my second one installed, the first one I received from dabs was faulty. Got it replaced quickly though and its been grand ever since.

Advertisement