Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

remove triton t90 I shower and replace with new Triton t90Z

Options
  • 29-04-2012 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Can anyone tell me what is a fair price to pay to have a plumber remove Triton T90i and replace with Triton T90z?? have got quotes that are low to ridiculously high? would appreciate any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 dubmando

thanks for that, I have already purchased the New triton, did not know of that offer....:mad:so now am looking for plumber with reallistic price,(but am afraid of anyone that appears to cheap!!!) think in Ireland we are so used to being ripped off we now expect from everyone.!!!cynical

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Which is best, a plumber who will do the electrical connections too, or an electrician who will do the plumbing too?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

a plumber will do this for about 100-150 euro. tbh i would trust an electrician who is good at basic plumbing to do this more. At least they can check if the electrics are up to current legislation.

I am not an electrician btw.

Yea the plumbing is straightforward for a shower alright. So is the electrical in fact. But its important the electrical to them is up to standard like you say.

So for the OP, just because the old shower worked for years, wouldnt mean its electrical supply is fine. It should be checked that its up to current regs etc, rather than someone just coming in, swapping, and job done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 dubmando

thanks for that.So to clarify,should I get both.plumber and electrician?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

I swapped out my old trition for a new one t90 and it only took about an hour. I just made sure I had the water off and the electicity isolated from the fuse box. ( I checked before I started and both the electrical and plumbing connections in both new and old showers were identical ..so it was a straight swap. Easy as wiring a plug and connecting a tap) .

The hardest part was making sure you commisison the shower correctly before you turn it on for the first time. You have to install the unit on the wall , turn the water back on and bleed air out to ensure the heating chamber is full otherwise you risk damaging the heating elements. You also have to run it first time with the hose attached but without the shower head attached , otherwise the pressure relief valve may operate and you'll have to get a replacement valve.

If you have any doubts about your plumbing or electrical capabilities then bite the bullet and get a plumber or electrician.

dubmando wrote: »
    thanks for that.So to clarify,should I get both.plumber and electrician?

It just depends on who you get. Most of the showers i did, i did plumbing and electrical on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,092 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

tpmcompany, I've removed your post as it look like an advert to me mainly because it was your first post on the forum, I know it was a recommendation but it just read like an advertisement.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 gerry884

Hi I am going to try replace my triton t90si as its busted with the t90z am told its easy enough is there anything in particular I should watch out for? I,m not an electrician or a plumber so don't get too techie if possible. Thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dzer2

Done one myself back during the summer I had to drill for a new mounting screw other than that nothing else just turn off the water and trip down the elcb on the board check to make sure the power is off then just take your time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 gerry884

Thanks job done and new shower appears to be working ok nothing too difficult mounting screws supplied are not totally appropriate but I worked around them

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭skinnygeness

hi everybody very helpful thread.
    I bought a t90z and got a friend to install it. Wasn't too happy cause he didn't follow any of the instructions or read the installation manual - it's on me I know, I should have gotten a pro.
    Anyway it's making a crazy noise, the water is heating alright but the pressure is very very low.
    I know you probably can't get the same pressure you'd get with a power shower but a friend has a t90 as well and his pressure is pretty good so I want to get it checked by a professional.
    Same question as everyone else, will I call a plumber or an electrician? I'm not an expert but the plumbing seems fairly straightforward so I'm thinking an electrician?
    Also if anyone has any suggestions let them come, I've been having shower problems for ages and now i'm just completely fed up with it.
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17,092 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

hi everybody very helpful thread.
    I bought a t90z and got a friend to install it. Wasn't too happy cause he didn't follow any of the instructions or read the installation manual - it's on me I know, I should have gotten a pro.
    Anyway it's making a crazy noise, the water is heating alright but the pressure is very very low.
    I know you probably can't get the same pressure you'd get with a power shower but a friend has a t90 as well and his pressure is pretty good so I want to get it checked by a professional.
    Same question as everyone else, will I call a plumber or an electrician? I'm not an expert but the plumbing seems fairly straightforward so I'm thinking an electrician?
    Also if anyone has any suggestions let them come, I've been having shower problems for ages and now i'm just completely fed up with it.
    thanks

It sounds like he didn't let all the air out of the pump. This is something you can do yourself. It explains it in the manual. Look under "commissioning the pump". Just make sure fuse at fusebox is off when you do it

Advertisement