Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fires in Bushypark

Options
  • 29-04-2012 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭

Anyone else hear about this? Social media sites saying there are gorse fires up there

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

I noticed a lot of smoke drifting over the city this evening from the east side, that must have been the source.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

dloob wrote: »
    I noticed a lot of smoke drifting over the city this evening from the east side, that must have been the source.
    East side and Bushypark are two very different locations?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

Saw some smoke from Silverstrand earlier coming from that direction. Didn't look too bad TBH but sure...small...far away...

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭galgar

Saw the smoke as I came from Tuam direction this evening. Looked like a pretty big fire

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

East side and Bushypark are two very different locations?

Yes I was looking from the east side towards the city centre, sorry that was a bit unclear.

http://www.galwaynews.ie/25551-investigation-following-woodstock-gorse-fire
    INVESTIGATION FOLLOWING WOODSTOCK GORSE FIRE
    An investigation has been launched following a gorse fire in the Bushy Park/Moycullen area last evening.

The blaze took place in the Woodstock area destroying an estimated five to seven hectares of land.

It's understood severe winds spread the fire and the scene was attended by three units of the fire brigade.

The final unit was stood down at midnight.

Garda Inspector Brendan O'Carroll says the scene will be examined as part of the investigation

• Advertisement
Advertisement