Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engaged or Single on Working Holiday visa Application?

Options
  • 29-04-2012 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Sorry if this has been posted already, I have been looking but not coming up with anything.

i am currently engaged, getting married in August and moving to Australia in September.

My fiancee has used her working holiday visa already in the past.

My question is what relationship status I should enter? If I put down engaged and enter on my own will I be flagged? Or should I just enter as a single person?

Thanks in advance for all your help!!

Again, apologies if I am repeating a previous thread....!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Why would you bother getting married ?

Any how, say your married, if you get sponsored she can go defacto and there will be no lies on your application.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

So you have got engaged and are flying off to Oz for a WHV year your Fiance cannot follow you as she used her WHV.

You certainly have got Engagement presents down to a fine art.

You would want to be pretty sure of being sponsored what skill have you to be sponsored under?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Guys he could be going on an actual working holiday and not trying to move over (I know that’s rare these days but it does still happen). Nothing stopping his soon to be wife getting a holiday visa and him getting the working holiday so he can earn some cash while they travel.

If you are single when you apply then put down single I don’t think there is an option for engaged. Your visa will be granted to you before you are married so if you put married you will have lied on your application.

(This is what I would do but if you want 100% clarification I subjection you contact the Australian embassy or send an email.)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,342 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

If you apply before your wedding then and are engaged then put that down.
    If you apply after then put down married. Pretty straight forward. Just tell the truth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Doc wrote: »
    Guys he could be going on an actual working holiday and not trying to move over (I know that’s rare these days but it does still happen).

Thats just crazy talk :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement