Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CRO Business Names - Is there a limit?

Options
  • 29-04-2012 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

Hi

We have a limited company and 5 registered business names registered to the company

We sent through applications over a month ago to register 4 new business names but they have not appeared on the cro website, usually they take 1-2 weeks to appear in the search, we haven't received the certificates either

When registering I did a search and didn't find any duplicates

Is there a rule or law that a company/individual can only have a certain number of business names? I couldn't find any info on this

Thanks

Will email cro to find out

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

No you can register as many as you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭dbran

Hi

I suspect that it is just the backlog and it may take a whil for it to be registered. This is especially true if you registered manually and not onlin via CORE as it will then require a human to type in the details onto the system.

Kind Regards

Dbran

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Buttercake

Thanks all

Freak out over, they must have been busy :) one of them is now registered and appearing on the site

I did register them on core and sent off the applications with a cheque, i guess they still need to process them manually

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭J_Wholesale

You're much better doing this online, as it's easier to monitor progress. We submitted new name applications a couple of weeks ago, and it took 6 working days to complete.

Advertisement