Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I was wondering has there ever been A Physically Disabled Rose Of Tralee?

Options
  • 29-04-2012 11:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

In my many years of watching i don't ever remember seeing anyone with a disability? Is it that they cant enter or that their just not?

What's everyone's thoughts on this?

Should they enter?

I believe they should they can also be pretty and from what the website says A Rose reflects the intelligence, compassion and independence of modern Irish women

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I remember seeing a Rose a couple of years ago who had Dyspraxia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

there was a deaf girl on it a few years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Stillorganboy

There is no reason a person with a disability cannot win this competition. Wish more people enter with disabilities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

So many things wrong with this post I don't know where to begin.
    Niamh2389 wrote: »
    In my many years of watching i don't ever remember seeing anyone with a disability?

Not all disability's can be seen. There may have be contestants with TBI's or mental health disabilities,but its probably not something the contestants would want brought up.I mean a history of manic depression is not exactly what the judges would want in their pretty,submissive lovely girl.
    Should they enter?
    Why would anyone want to enter a patronising, sexist and outdated competition is beyond me.
    I believe they should they can also be pretty
    Yes people with disabilities can be pretty :eek: I find that its only silly competitions like the rose of tralee that measure attractiveness by what you look like on the outside.
    from what the website says A Rose reflects the intelligence, compassion and independence of modern Irish women

How does this competition reflect those values? I don't get it.
    Also, why would someone need to be 'pretty' if the competition is based on these three values that should have nothing to do with looks?

Advertisement