Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nose bleed

• 30-04-2012 12:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭

My cat was having his usual daily dose of the zoomies and he tried to hit the breaks but ended up skidding face first into a door :rolleyes: and his nose started to bleed a little from one side. He did a good job at wiping it up himself and I applied a cold compress to his nose for a little while. It's stopped now but I was just wondering was that the right thing to do or should I have done something else?
    He's back in great form again now zooming around the place trying to eat a clothes hanger :rolleyes: so I'll keep an eye on him but do ye think it would be worth getting him to a vets tomorrow? I fed him a lil tuna as well to perk him up and he seems happy enough with himself!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Wisco

Vet ASAP- one of the more common causes for sudden death in cats in pulmonary issues, so if it was mine I'd be off for a checkup as soon as possible! Fingers crossed it turns out to be nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Wisco

Sorry read that wrong- thought you meant blood was from running around, not from banging head on door. If he seems off form I'd get to vets, otherwise do whatever will put your mind at ease about him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

He's happy out again now today, no bruises or anything on his nose so I think he'll be fine for the time being. If I see anything unusual I'll have him straight to the vets though! Sorry if my post was hard to interprete :D

Advertisement