Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rate Your Loungers

• 30-04-2012 1:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

I'm not a fan of the "Know Your Loungers" threads in the gentlemens/ladies forums.

It appears the more attractive you are, the more "thanks" people leave you on your post.

My question is: Is it possible to remove the "Thanks" from particular threads?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

There's this website I think would really suit you - its called beautifulpeople.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

Jealous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Why would you want to remove the thanks? It's the quickest way to find the fit ones!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

No you'd have to remove the function from the whole forum.

Know what you mean though. I'm super weird about how I look and was scared for ages to post in one of those incase I didn't get enough thanks!

But then its also creepy that people who don't post in the forum stalk and thank your pictures. And I'm sure plenty are looking that aren't thanking...

Think its time to PM a few mods and have my pics removed :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

dave3004 wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of the "Know Your Loungers" threads in the gentlemens/ladies forums.

It appears the more attractive you are, the more "thanks" people leave you on your post.

Only your own.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

dave3004 wrote: »

Don't post in them?

Also - your assessment is not completely correct. You can be ugly but doing something interesting and still get lots of thanks; eg. hold a baby, climb a mountain, play underwater chess, wear a mask, stand beside a famous person... etc.

It's like a tiny miniaturised version of life - if you want someone to like your photo, but feel you are ugly, then you need to compensate...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Sorry but its unfair to talk about other forums here.
    And as far as i know, its not possible to remove the "Thanks" from particular threads.
    PM me if you want this moved to Feedback.

/wanders over to The ladies lounge

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement