Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engineering

• 30-04-2012 2:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I am going into 5th year and hav to make my subject choices. I didnt do metalwork for the junior cert but would like to do engineering for the leaving cert. Would i be able to do engineering without doing metalwork???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 91 ✭✭justBlake

one of my friends didnt do engineering for the JC and got a B1 in the leaving in engineering.
    have you done wouldwork?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Geographyhater

justBlake wrote: »
    one of my friends didnt do engineering for the JC and got a B1 in the leaving in engineering.
    have you done wouldwork?
    I would really go for it as im doin engineering in the leaving i did metalwork in the jc too. The theory is really easy same thing comes up every year and the practical is pretty straight forward with just marking out pieces and filing them down! Theres a few things but u could learn it all during 5th year.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 jonhsmith720

justBlake wrote: »
    have you done wouldwork?
    Yeah i done woodwork. Does that have anything to do with engineering?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Woodwork isn't the most useful subject for LC Engineering. Tech Graph, Technology and Metalwork on the other hand are pretty useful.

That said, you should have absolutely no issue with LC Engineering. The theory exam is ridiculously easy if you put even the tiniest amount of work in to it. As for the practical element, you need to be good at visualising designs and fabrication processes. Woodwork will help with that.

In short, go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Curious moe

what a lot of people dont realise is theres quite a bit of theory involved, so if youve a good memory and your able to study properly then you should do grand :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

aslong as you have done a practical subject you should be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 22 micheal1995

go for it man its easy compared to languages etc... the practicle is easy enough to get used to just do as much as possible

Advertisement