Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Running Gear Mon 07/05/12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭flugel

Think I'll swing by for a few pairs of socks. Have LIDL ever done running jackets does anyone know or has it just been t-shirts they've done before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭b.harte

mr.wiggle wrote: »
    Cheers for that , luckily im too skint to buy an expensive pair of compression socks I was looking at last week.I'd be kicking myself ! :pac:
    Will load up the bottom drawer with this gear !:)
    FYP.
    I hate you wiggle, but at least my legs are feeling better.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭u2livecd

Sshh!! Dont tell anyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

Got the compression shorts, top and socks. Have shorts and socks on as we speak. Socks are excellent, shorts seem ok. Top is really good quality. I have full length skins compression tights (90 quids worth :eek:) and these compare favorably

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Got the compression shorts, top and socks. Have shorts and socks on as we speak. Socks are excellent, shorts seem ok. Top is really good quality. I have full length skins compression tights (90 quids worth :eek:) and these compare favorably

With the top, does it have sleeves like it shows in one of the pictures on the site or is it more vest like like the other picture (and previous one's they've sold).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

Cabaal wrote: »
    With the top, does it have sleeves like it shows in one of the pictures on the site or is it more vest like like the other picture (and previous one's they've sold).

Mine is short sleeved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Cabaal wrote: »

I think there's both. I got a top today with sleeves(as in tshirt sleeves, not long sleeves) but i saw vest tops as well. Actually looking at the site the pictures are correct with whats in the shop, black & red tops are sleeved, blue is a vest.

The shorts sizes are strange. I've a 34 inch waist(though i am working on that) & like a dope i bought the 34/36, went home, couldnt get them on, swapped for mediums, went home.......then swapped again for large. :P lucky i live just across the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭scriba

Just picked up four pairs of socks and a couple of pairs of compression shorts. Mint.

Thanks for the heads up gnu!

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭lway

sentient_6 wrote: »
    The shorts sizes are strange. I've a 34 inch waist(though i am working on that) & like a dope i bought the 34/36, went home, couldnt get them on, swapped for mediums, went home.......then swapped again for large. :P lucky i live just across the road.

Yeah, the shorts sizings are a bit odd. I'm a 38 inch waist (working on that too :)) and last time I bought an XL, this time I hedged my bets and bought an L and XL. The XL slipped on no problem but didn't feel much compression from them so I tried the L which seemd a better fit and went on without a problem.

The sports compression tops were all sleeved ones and not the Vest type they have in the picture of the guy running in the compression gear.

lway wrote: »
    Yeah, the shorts sizings are a bit odd. I'm a 38 inch waist (working on that too :)) and last time I bought an XL, this time I hedged my bets and bought an L and XL. The XL slipped on no problem but didn't feel much compression from them so I tried the L which seemd a better fit and went on without a problem.

The sports compression tops were all sleeved ones and not the Vest type they have in the picture of the guy running in the compression gear.

do the shorts have inner linings or not (i.e. do you need to wear undershorts with them?).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭gnu

I got the socks and they seem great, a little more cushioned than I'd like but apart from that they're perfect! I like that they have "compression" or something printed on the calf - it might go some way to lessen the slightly dodgy St Trinians look of knee socks and shorts! :D

glasso wrote: »
    do the shorts have inner linings or not (i.e. do you need to wear undershorts with them?).

I don't know. I only bought the "Skin Compression" shorts. The normal running shorts were in a packet with the tops so didn't get a look at them.

If by inner lining you mean like swimming shorts then yes. I cut mine off tho, lot more comfortable now.

Just how tight should the compression top be by the way? Got one, is tight and comfortable, wouldn't say its "compressing" anything tho

gnu wrote: »
    I got the socks and they seem great, a little more cushioned than I'd like but apart from that they're perfect! I like that they have "compression" or something printed on the calf - it might go some way to lessen the slightly dodgy St Trinians look of knee socks and shorts! :D

I only wear compression socks after running. can't be seen with those things in public!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,052 ✭✭✭✭event

Do ye really care what you look like?
    Way i look at it, im the one running, if people walking or driving wanna pass judgement cos pf a pair of socks, **** em

event wrote: »
    Do ye really care what you look like?
    Way i look at it, im the one running, if people walking or driving wanna pass judgement cos pf a pair of socks, **** em

well from what I read they accomplish pretty much the same job when you wear them after running. I just don't go in for the knee-sock schoolgirl look myself on a guy :)

flugel wrote: »
    If by inner lining you mean like swimming shorts then yes. I cut mine off tho, lot more comfortable now.

but I assume that you must be wearing something else to keep things in place....

I find the lining stuff good for doing that job so leave it there!

but I assume that you must be wearing something else to keep things in place....

I find the lining stuff good for doing that job so leave it there!

I wear underwear?? Am I doing it wrong!? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

flugel wrote: »
    I wear underwear?? Am I doing it wrong!? :eek:

You cut the lining out of your shorts so you could wear underwear instead? :pac:
    Yes, you're doing it wrong :D

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭gnu

I only wear compression socks after running. can't be seen with those things in public!
    :D Maybe I just have no shame ... they feel great and I was glad of them when it hailstoned on me today, was freezing out there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

God there is no shame when ur a runner. Often had put vaseline in areas when in public that wouldnt of dream of if you werent a runner!!

The compression socks are great to wear on long runs.

Advertisement