Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any good indie/alternative bars/nights in Perth?!

Options
  • 30-04-2012 7:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hey!!

Just wondering if anyone can give a heads up on where is good to go for some indie music? I am in Perth a few weeks and havent had any luck so far. Just trying to find somewhere chilled out with good music. So far ive been in awful bars in northbridge....and the city centre. Been to Leederville and Mount Lawley on a Sat night, but it seems a bit more commercial on those nights, maybe another night would be best!

Just looking for somewhere like the village/globe/foggy dew in Dublin or the Roisin/Massimos in Galway vibe. Dont want to sound like a snob, I am relatively easy going but beginning to lose hope in the nightlife out here so far, it goes from one extreme to the next ie incredibly scummy to ridiculously pretentious. If I wanted to spend every weekend in Irish bars, I should have stayed at home, so that is why I try to go to different places every weekend!

Any suggestions welcome!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Try the Rosemount in North Perth. They do a lot of gigs but in general it's a very popular spot for that sort of genre, and it's probably as close as you'll get here -

http://www.rosemounthotel.com.au/
    A few short minutes from the CBD and Northbridge, the Rosemount Hotel in North Perth, is Perth's leading independent original music venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭zuzuzu

try indie bar at indian ocean hotel in scarborough if you can, especially on a thursday night.. open mic night... free in... great fun .... get there early :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭bobbles87

Thanks guys.....GLAD to hear there are some places like this, phew :)
    Hopefully some decent music will be there....
    I might head out to Subi or Freo as well in the next two weeks to check out various places, I have heard the burbs are alot better than the city to go out in.

Cant believe how bad the bars are in around Northbridge, I had heard it was a rough spot and all, but it has to be seen to believe it. Dont know hoe a place like the cure manages to attract so many people. There are community centres at home that are in better nick than that hole!I need to stop, cos i am sounding like a snob.....just those places arent my cup of tea i suppose, each to their own!

Advertisement