Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FORD 4000 cab - wanted!

• 30-04-2012 9:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi,

I'm looking for a cab to suit a Ford 4000 tractor. The cab has to be in good condition and have all glass in cab. Any help with this will be appreciated, thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

What part of the country are you in paul?

there's a guy in cork advertises on donedeal and he seems to have a few ok looking ones.

what state is the one you're taking off?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Paul_085

Hi Johnboy,

Cheers for the reply. Ya, I've been in contact with that lad alright and have to call him back later this evening, hopefully he has something!

The frame of the cab is perfect with all glass and 2 doors. It needs a new roof and mudguards. If I can't get the cab then my plan was to get a new roof and mudguards but these are pretty pricey.

Just trying to keep within budget I suppose.

Nearly forgot I'm based in Clare!

They're not cheap no, and you'll need to budget for painting them too.

I dont know why spurious parts suppliers insist on pre-painting their parts.

The paint used seems to be utter sh*te from talking to a few people, and also my own limited experience, so why not just supply the stuff in primer?

I have a 4600 with the 4000 cab on it and a new roof and wings and they need repainting, 12 months old, no work done, but parked outdoors. rust is forming on the edges of the roof, and the paint has lifted in a few spots on the wings.

dunno where your man is in cork but clare mightnt be too far away.

if you do buy a complete cab then let me know as I'd be interested in the bits you have. I have a good frame, new wings and roof, but poor doors and only a few panes of glass.

I agree, its funny how some companies charge almost double the price for certain products and then painting has to be completed after this. I recently installed a new power steering unit on the Ford 4000. The company I got it off were 220euro cheaper than my local garage.

I'm still waiting on a reason why its so expensive...obviously their calculator is out of batteries!!!!

Not a bother, ill let you know if I get the cab and whatever parts you want ill send some pics to see if you're interested from the old one.

• Advertisement

cool, let me know how you get on.

I'm ideally looking for sliding side window glass, the two front panels below the windscreen and I could be tempted by some decent doors.

This is how ours looks at the minute.... except with the white paint problems mentioned.

4600done1.jpg

Looks well all fairness to it now!

I'll keep in touch and let you know how I get on with the lad in Cork!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Johnboy try carey glass in nenagh for the sliding windows. They will need a template for them though to get the size right. Sorry don't have a contact number.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

There's a Ford 4000 being scrapped on donedeal at the moment. They have the sliding windows that you asked about. I've decided to go with my current cab and buy a new roof, mudguards etc. from www.agrilineproducts.ie/partscatalogue/ford_4000.html. They are pretty competitive for price.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Fat Cant

There is c&g in clane in kildare

• Advertisement
Advertisement