Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Less than ten weeks to less than ten hours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Oh god my back is in ribbons,pain killers here i come.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

tunney wrote: »
    Oh god my back is in ribbons,pain killers here i come.........

I would love to live inside your head for the day, you must be the most cryptic person i know:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭RedB

Oryx wrote: »
    One of you is short.
    One of you has a belly.
    This is all I have figured out, and all I will ever need to know.

And his definition of a belly / being overweight would not be the mainstream version :) Nor would his version of slow, fit, etc. ......but it does make interesting reading!

I would love to live inside your head for the day, you must be the most cryptic person i know:)

Not sure why its cryptic Polly? Back sore, need painkillers.

As for living inside my head for a day. Given your size, that could probably be arranged.

RedB wrote: »
    And his definition of a belly / being overweight would not be the mainstream version :) Nor would his version of slow, fit, etc. ......but it does make interesting reading!

I've not claimed to have a belly in a long time, I've dropped 16lbs in the last two months. BMI and bodyfat have me healthy for a normal person, I wear small sized tops and 30 inch waist trousers. However I am overweight relative to my desired racing weight and I can "pinch an inch". (yes JB I have gotten slimmer since the last time you saw me, have you gotten taller???)

Slow, unfit. I am slower than I have been, I am less fit that I have been and really one can only compare speed and fitness to ones own capacity and past.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

I think I want to go out drinking with Tunney and JB just for the amusement factor. But the big question I have is this - Tunney, was JB in your wedding? ;)

Dory Dory wrote: »
    I think I want to go out drinking with Tunney and JB just for the amusement factor. But the big question I have is this - Tunney, was JB in your wedding? ;)

Yes he was the Page Boy*

*By that I mean no, I only know JB a year or so

Not sure why its cryptic Polly? Back sore, need painkillers.

As for living inside my head for a day. Given your size, that could probably be arranged.

Usually when you write something it has an entirely different meaning:)

Drinks can be arranged on your visit over:).
    I was going to invite him to my wedding but the photgrapher said no way he would ruin the wedding pictures*
    Likewise only know him a year seems like much much longer though, he has that effect on people:)

We shall see who can back up the smack talk on race day....Polly the cake eating gnome or Mr Dandy who eats tubs of lard for breakfast.

Oryx wrote: »
    One of you is short.

Would 5ft 7 and 3/4 inches be considered short:)

Drinks can be arranged on your visit over:).
    I was going to invite him to my wedding but the photgrapher said no way he would ruin the wedding pictures*
    Likewise only know him a year seems like much much longer though, he has that effect on people:)

We shall see who can back up the smack talk on race day....Polly the cake eating gnome or Mr Dandy who eats tubs of lard for breakfast.

There may be a drinking/running thingy in/near Wicklow while I am on your soil....so, definitely keep that in mind if you are near the area (not sure where you live)....July 9th or 10th, if it can even be arranged.

(you boys crack me up...Polly....Dandy....cake....lard.....;))

• Advertisement

Would 5ft 7 and 3/4 inches be considered short:)

Yes, yes it would.

There may be a drinking/running thingy in/near Wicklow while I am on your soil....so, definitely keep that in mind if you are near the area (not sure where you live)....July 9th or 10th, if it can even be arranged.

I'll be at Roth then I am afraid. JB will however he around as I am sure he will stub his toe or sneeze really hard and hurt his nose or something and then have to pull out of Roth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Yes, yes it would.

Well then JB is definitely short at 5ft 4!!

5ft 4??? Oh - are we measuring with shoes on then???

Don't go there ginger:)

Oh wait we'll be back from Roth on the 9th so happy days. just can't sit at the bar in the pub. JB struggles with the high bar stools.

Anyways enough of the banter (by the way JB, met Snow White at lunch, she is wondering when you are coming home, herself and the rest of the lads miss you)

Got changed for an easy run at lunch. Binned it without leaving the office, back just not up to it. Rang a friend instead.

Thank god I am seeing the man with the tan today anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭griffin100

Also go by Dave Tummy, Mr Merlot (although I dislike Merlot), also "that pr1ck"

I always thought your first name was That Bollix, as in there goes That Bollix Tunney.

griffin100 wrote: »
    I always thought your first name was That Bollix, as in there goes That Bollix Tunney.

it is, made for a memorable wedding. "Do you Glenda take That Bollix to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

I can see you and JB riding off into the sunset at Roth. "You know, we're not so different."

3390730999_10d3b5ee23.jpg

As for other thing, bat **** stuff.

• Advertisement

nerraw1111 wrote: »
    I can see you and JB riding off into the sunset at Roth. "You know, we're not so different."

3390730999_10d3b5ee23.jpg

As for other thing, bat **** stuff.

LOL I cannot stop laughing. That beard really didn't suit me. JB you are looking well though.

Fvkers each and every one of you:)

Ten hours drinking later....now I ask can I do Terry athy.... She's drinking rum and dancing to two unlimited, I suspect I'll get a "I don't give a fvck"

Timing is everything. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭griffin100

Ten hours drinking later....now I ask can I do Terry athy.... She's drinking rum and dancing to two unlimited, I suspect I'll get a "I don't give a fvck"

Two unlimited? I suspect the answer may be no no, no no no no, no no no no, there's no fcukin way.....

Gah - last week was a write off.

Two swims - 5km
    Two runs - 18km
    Two days.

In hindsight its clear what happened at the time I didn't twig it.

I slept so much last week, 12 hours (kids away) two nights and I still felt tired.

I went to a wedding Friday and had a great day. Saturday, hungover to bits. Sunday too. Monday as well. Woke up this morning - hungover again thought "This is ridiculous". Forced myself to run anyways and saw straight away - "Oh right, I'm sick, that explains it". In hindsight the signs were there. I spent more time sucking on my inhalers over the weekend than Jenna Jemmason in a.......... Sleeping + inhalers + feeling like **** == sick.

c0ck.

Fecking killed me to send this mail:

=========================

Hello,

When I entered Roth last year I had the best of intentions of achieving the goal of Sub nine in Roth this year. It was a realistic goal I felt and one that would be achievable with a solid years work. However this year has not been ideal in any way shape or form for me. Health issues - both my own and of one of my children, combined with the arrival of a new baby and with some employment issues meant that the year was not conducive to training.

Considering the year I have had sub nine is not something I can achieve this year. Out of respect for the race, its history, and for the athletes that can and will achieve this goal I respectfully request to be removed from the sub nine wave and put in a wave more aligned with the time that I will achieve this year - 9:45

I apologise for this and appreciate your efforts in assisting me.

regards,
    David

C0ck.

I had planned on only changing one tub this year........

"Essentially what you have is latex paint plus water (for volume) and antifreeze (as a low-evaporation carrier fluid). When these sealant products dry out, it’s the water and antifreeze agent that evaporate, and you get the latex film left behind. This is why you must add more sealant over time, and why you should always keep air in the tires/tubes. Let them go completely flat for several months, and you’ll likely have an inner tube that is glued together with dried latex on the inside. "

damn - there goes the tubs..........

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭HalfTri

Tough decision you had there Tunney. Right one made though. You'd have killed yourself in the other wave and twould have made it a nightmare of a day.

New wave, New target.

Best of luck with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

C0ck.

I had planned on only changing one tub this year........

"Essentially what you have is latex paint plus water (for volume) and antifreeze (as a low-evaporation carrier fluid). When these sealant products dry out, it’s the water and antifreeze agent that evaporate, and you get the latex film left behind. This is why you must add more sealant over time, and why you should always keep air in the tires/tubes. Let them go completely flat for several months, and you’ll likely have an inner tube that is glued together with dried latex on the inside. "

damn - there goes the tubs..........

Saw this last night - http://www.slowtwitch.com/Products/Things_that_Roll/Tires/Tire_Sealants_2765.html

Advertisement