Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Less than ten weeks to less than ten hours

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

tunney wrote: »
    But did try to eat a bag of ChipSticks to horrible, but predictable, results.
    I shouldn't have laughed. But I did. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭griffin100

Ah right, did that in google too. not the best results.

speak for yourself :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Izoard

Just googled Starlet Fever myself - a tad NSFW....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Oryx wrote: »
    I shouldn't have laughed. But I did. :o

As did I.
    Felt so bad after that I promised to buy her a toy rabbit that was on Nick Jnr.

Might do the same with Eoin and promised him new SRMs...........

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Izoard wrote: »
    I knew someone would...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Izoard

I knew someone would...

The preview looks great, in fairness...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

I knew someone would...

Crap...the power of suggestion...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Izoard wrote: »

Understatement!!!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

I could not help but google it, have probably broken numerous IT policies in work by opening 1 or 2 links.

And I had to check it out too.

Definitely not what he has.

• Advertisement

And I had to check it out too.

Definitely not what he has.

No doubt you have it bookmarked for later after a bottle of wine and a jumbo bag of jellies have been consumed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Youtube-ing it is much safer. You just get a load of videos of boy-racers....

And now I am on 24 hour support fort 7 days, as soon as I am given the BlackBerry things start to go crazy in the Cloud..............

Jesus Dave you brush shoulders with the best sportsmen about.

Tummeyphoto.jpg

I had been worried about my lack of energy so I got a full set of bloods done, jsut got the results 2 minutes ago.

Hgb 15
    Hct 45
    Iron fine
    Kidney's, liver, thyroid etc fine

Cholesterol 6.2 Doctor says "try and get some exercise"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

Doctor says "try and get some exercise"

So are you going to? :)

Basster wrote: »
    So are you going to? :)

Leads me onto a recent serious of discussions with her good self.

Summed up as:

"I'm selling your bikes by Christmas if you don't get back training."

"I'm selling your bikes by Christmas if you don't get back training. I serious."

"I'm selling your bikes by Christmas if you don't get back training. I serious. You think that I am joking."

"I'm selling your bikes by Christmas if you don't get back training. I serious. You think that I am joking. I *&*^ing well not"

"We can bring our new car camping next year in France"
    "Just need to work the holidays around races"
    "Will you ever ...... we've done that for two years and you not trained. Your bikes are gone by Christmas"

She is serious. I best hide the keys.............

Any truth in the rumour that you requested a 20min head start in Roth, i heard you did not want to deal with the humiliation of being overtaken by someone singing the theme tune to Dora the Explorer.
    #targetonback

Any truth in the rumour that you requested a 20min head start in Roth, i heard you did not want to deal with the humiliation of being overtaken by someone singing the theme tune to Dora the Explorer.
    #targetonback

Yip very true. Did not want to be hit by the rescue boat that comes in when lifeguards think a competitor is drowning but he really isn't.

I had the 2013 iron man chat with Glenda yesterday and today. First time I've had the iron man chat. For Austria 2009 I entered and didn't tell, she told me to enter Austria 2010. Frankfurt 2011 done without discussion. Likewise 2012 Roth.

So first time having "the chat". Didn't go as expected. "I'm going, the kids are going. We're not going to the England or Wales, no wave start races, and not Scandinavia. Other than that you pick. "

Caevat being no training means comes sold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭handangeo

I had the 2013 iron man chat with Glenda yesterday and today. First time I've had the iron man chat. For Austria 2009 I entered and didn't tell, she told me to enter Austria 2010. Frankfurt 2011 done without discussion. Likewise 2012 Roth.

So first time having "the chat". Didn't go as expected. "I'm going, the kids are going. We're not going to the England or Wales, no wave start races, and not Scandinavia. Other than that you pick. "

Lucky you............I don't even get to the "chat" stage :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Nice! :cool:

So what are you thinking? South of France is brilliant in a camper van......tough, tough course though

pgibbo wrote: »
    Nice! :cool:

So what are you thinking? South of France is brilliant in a camper van......tough, tough course though

I have family in the South of France. South of France is something we've done alot and will do alot for years to come.

Hard requirements from her :
    * Not in England
    * Not in UK
    * No waves (one for pros is okay)
    * Not keen on races in the Nordic countries due to cost

Soft requirements:
    * Before September

Other than that anything goes.

Yippeeeeee back to the doctors again tomorrow - 9am. Something just isn't right with my chest and breathing. Its a surgery with lots of doctors and I've made an appointment with the one I know the best and trust the most.

This morning I was cycling to work, down the N1 into town.
    "Pssssttttt, hisss"

"C0ck a punture" I thought, another sh1t thing to happen on a sh1tty morning. A bad day so far.

Then it was as if an invisible monkey jizzed in my face. Not once, but twice.

It took me a minute to realise that it was the Stans stuff I put in my tubes to stop punctures spraying up at me.

"Fvcking fat lot of good that stuff is" I said as I prepared to stop and change the tube.

Then I realised that the tyre had stopped going down and had in fact barely gone down. I continued to ride into work and then cycled around town at lunch to do some errands.

Moral of the story - put it in your tyres.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭griffin100

Then it was as if an invisible monkey jizzed in my face. Not once, but twice.

I'm in awe of the fact that you can tell sight unseen and purely from the feel (and taste?) what animal has jizzed in your face. I've been living far too sheltered a life.

griffin100 wrote: »
    I'm in awe of the fact that you can tell sight unseen and purely from the feel (and taste?) what animal has jizzed in your face. I've been living far too sheltered a life.

Okay it could have been a prosimian or a monkey.

Sitting in mater hospital for chest x-ray. Lung function tests in a different hospital this evening. Not asthma. Bugger.

Long function tests later in the day. Spend most of the poxy day in hospital. Sh1t day. Pizza and wine I think tonight. Fingers crossed the results of the x-ray are not sinister.

• Advertisement

Results back.

X-ray clear - not cancer or pneumothorax
    PFTs clear - not COPD, pulmonary fibrosis or a whole list of nasties that I was bricking it over.

Left now with symptoms, very obvious ones, and no explanation.

Last thing could be is a blood clot, will need a CT scan for that but health insurance doesn't cover it........

Advertisement