Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Less than ten weeks to less than ten hours

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

Fantastic stuff, entertaining as ever. Almost made it sound easy. Well done again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

Great race and report, and vindication for your copious use of "HTFU" to all of us on the forum who don't just get out there and do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Trig1

longest and best race report ever, in stitches reading it, well done and congrats!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Abhainn

A classic report, one of the best. Had me in knots in places.

A fine effort off fcuk all training.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

You are like a bull in a china closet. Well done and super report. Glad to see you've got your health sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Good man Tunney. Well done toughing it out for a solid result considering. LOL at the helmet bit. Entertaining report. Id be interested to hear your view on the race and Challenge vs Mdot. Looking forward to the next chapter now that you seem to have found some mojo ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Dory Dory wrote: »
    You are like a bull in a china closet. Well done and super report. Glad to see you've got your health sorted.

This concerns me though. I did nothing and it went. In software this is the worst kind of bug, one that you don't know how it got fixed as if you don't know how it got fixed you don't know if its really gone nor if it can come back.

Although there is fvck all I can do now "Oh i was sick and want to know why", I think i know how a doctor will react to that one!!!

Good man Tunney. Well done toughing it out for a solid result considering. LOL at the helmet bit. Entertaining report. Id be interested to hear your view on the race and Challenge vs Mdot. Looking forward to the next chapter now that you seem to have found some mojo ...

Challenge vs MDot

On the race : organisation was as high of the race itself. Bar maybe the run. If JB had collapsed on the run rather than T2 I fear he would have been unattended for quite some time.

On the organisation of everything around the race : information, distribution of information, maps, information packs - things that aren't the race but help the race experience. MDot wins hands down. Without a doubt. Frankfurt versus Roth - Frankfurt better organised.

One other thing is Frankfurt and Roth are organised under DTU rules - both the same helmet rules, yet Roth refuse helmets with cosmetic damage. Pretty much 3/4 if the Giro Advtages and 2/3 of the Spesh aero lids were not allowed in. Firstly - Why?? Secondly - If this is done every year at least tell people before hand so they can make arrangements before going over.

It was a good race, well organised but not as well as Frankfurt or Austria.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Izoard

tunney wrote: »
    Challenge vs MDot

On the race : organisation was as high of the race itself. Bar maybe the run. If JB had collapsed on the run rather than T2 I fear he would have been unattended for quite some time.

On the organisation of everything around the race : information, distribution of information, maps, information packs - things that aren't the race but help the race experience. MDot wins hands down. Without a doubt. Frankfurt versus Roth - Frankfurt better organised.

While Roth definitely had a more happy/clappy feel than IMCH, they are still charging more or less the same as WTC (at least for Roth). Challenge are trading on the "we are not the big, bad corporate guys", but their Roth prices don't necessarily reflect that.
    IMCH was exceptionally well organized* and efficient - they charged a fortune, but you got what you paid for.

*except for the crazy decision to have the swim hats and bouys the same colour:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Great race report, really enjoyed it. Almost makes me want to.... Run another marathon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Great race report, really enjoyed it. Almost makes me want to.... Run another marathon.

Surely not in Germany though :)

Some totals:

#|Swim time|Swim Dist|Bike time|Bike dist|Run time|Run dist|All time
    Total 2012|24:47:28.28|70.159|80:09:02.17|2127.605|87:52:32.35|1093.147|192:49:02.79
    Weekly average 2012|00:55:05|2598|02:58:07|79|03:15:17|40|07:08:29

So far this week I rode 1:30 on Monday very easy.
    I ran 0:30 on Tuesday.
    I rode 10km to and from work Tuesday and Wednesday.
    I felt like utter sh1t both days.
    Yesterday I just rode 10km to and from work and started to feel better.
    Today I am just riding to and from work and other than a little hungover am beginning to return to normal.

Plan for tomorrow is feck all, likewise Sunday.

I've no racing plans for the rest of the year. Certainly no triathlons, duathlons or aquathons. I *might* do the 10 miler in the park if I can loose some weight.

And as such this blog ends here. Its been fun. I'm sure I'll be back soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭El Director

The funniest report I've ever read Tunney. Love the tangents :p a fine performance too despite all the crap that happened! Really looking forward to the next installment. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

Excellent report tunney. I laughed out loud so many times. Bet you're relieved your daughter wanted a tango twister- she must have been very confused by your answer :D

Advertisement