Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If you had a time machine....

• 30-04-2012 10:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭

......what would you do?

Would you go back in time and change something that you regret doing, or not doing? Or would you go into the future?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

I would drink a pint of my own urine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭link_2007

If? :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Go back to midnight last night and climb into bed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

......what would you do?

Would you go back in time and change something that you regret doing, or not doing? Or would you go into the future?

I'd go back in time and leave my first wife standing at the alter... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Roadtrippin

Back to the Future?
    No, too scary - I reckon there'll be either some pandemic wiping out the entire human race, a massive meteor hitting the planet or we will have effectively ruined the planet with all our consumerism and waste of resources that climate change to an extreme is inevitable.
    Hopefully I won't be around when all of that sh*t is going down :D

Would I change anything - standards answer: prevent wars and starvation in the past... (I am after all at a beauty pageant and We DO all want world peace! :D)

Other than that, I would go back to the 60s/70s - great music, clothes and haircuts! More freedom for all and loads of drugs, sex and rockn roll - who could say no to that? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

kick hitler in the nuts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

I'd go back and convince my parents to invest heavily in Google.

The money made from that would give me the money needed to build a time machine, and with a time machine I could do anything I wanted! Mwahahahahaha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

IT WORKED!!!!!!! <checks clock> Oh wait.......damn!

FatherLen wrote: »
    kick hitler in the nuts

Hitler, Mussolini, Franco... let's just say, all dictators and genocidal maniacs!!! That could be such a fun Olympic sport - dictator kicking! I'm there! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

kick hitler in the nuts

A worthy mission.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Go forward and get the euromillions results

go back and run over Bertie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I am constantly travelling through time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

I would not buy Eircom shares.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Mine is a very simple one.

When I was offered a sponsorship by a very large, and now successful mining company in W.A, I would not have said no thanks, as Ireland is in a boom and I'lll be ok when I get home. (2004)

Bad, bad mistake on so many levels!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Username99

I'd go back and change everything...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Go to the future, find out what simplistic thing makes loads of money, go back to present time, invent it, become rich, zero parodoxes affected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2

I would go back in time and tell Hitler not to invade the Soviet Union. Or if he really wants to to invade the Soviet Union then to concentrate only on it and to take Moscow straight away instead of heading to Stalingrad.

I'd tell him not to allow Einstein to leave the country and to move his arnaments underground from the beginning.

I'd travel back to the 1890's - 1910's and discover the oil for myself in the state of America.

I'd travel back in time to every lottery and win them all.

I'd go back and invest in Microsoft, Apple & Google.

I'd travel back in time to when Sean Fitzpatrick walked into Dáil Eireann to ask for loads of monies & headbutt him

I'd travel back in time to Padraig Pearse's time, give him a slap across the face & tell him Ireland is not ready to lead itself just yet and that we require at least another 200 yrs of British Rule

And as for the decendants of all our TD's and government officials, well I won't say.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 399 ✭✭teddy b123

Why do anything like go back in time when you can just play Lotto?
    It could be you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Jammy Donut

That first GF I had......... She was a dirty bitch!

I'd love to go back to that time again and smash all her doors in and every dirty thing imaginable.

Why did I delete 'those' pics :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Cokeistan

Stiffler2 wrote: »
    I would go back in time and tell Hitler not to invade the Soviet Union. Or if he really wants to to invade the Soviet Union then to concentrate only on it and to take Moscow straight away instead of heading to Stalingrad.

Wait...you'd give him advice that could have won the war for him? Hitler and the Nazi's? Really?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Grabbed leonardo da vinci a day before he died and brought him into the future to show him that everything he ever came up with worked :cool:

Greatest free thinker of all time :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2

Cokeistan wrote: »
    Wait...you'd give him advice that could have won the war for him? Hitler and the Nazi's? Really?:confused:

Ye - pretty much, I think it would mix things up a little bit, make things interesting. At least with dictators you know where you stand in your country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Jammy Donut

I'd go back to yesterday to see were HardLuckWomans nipples really perky and on show......... :)

I'll provide pics with custard if needed? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

kfallon wrote: »

See, he had 2 until I went back in time and gave him an unmerciful kick!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

kick hitler in the nuts

In the nut?

Go back to before I had to shave, shaving is a pain in the hole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I would go back in time and tell Hitler not to invade the Soviet Union.

I'd tell him not to allow Einstein to leave the country and to move his arnaments underground from the beginning.

we require at least another 200 yrs of British Rule

Ummm. Contradictions much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

go forward in time to when they have the iron man suit fully working and then bring one back with me. now that would be fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Go back and buy lots of shares in all these new media and social network companies when they were worth thrupence ha'penny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭marty1985

Stop Biff from getting his hands on that almanac. This whole damn thing is my fault. If I hadn't bought that damn book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

(In deep austrian accent) "Xara Turrbitey um the terminator"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

I would have went to mount calvary bookmakers around 33 AD and made a pretty unlikely bet:p

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Unavailable for Comment

At least with dictators you know where you stand in your country.

Except with that particular dictator it's probably in a cattle cart heading for your last ever shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭jupiterjack

think id like to be a cowboy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

back to 2000 advise myself to purchase a mortgage and sell it in early 2008.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Wouldn't have experimented with heroin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭rusty_racer94

kick hitler in the nuts

nut*

Well I could go back and make a different choice on a particular day but you know what? You just don't know what effect that little change will have on your whole entire future. It's too easy to think "what if"...... People always assume that if things had been different the outcomes would be positive and that simply isn't the case. Sliding doors and all that jazz.

Don't live life with regrets, they'll only get you down.

Oh balls. After hours, emmmm, I'd go to Friday night and get the euro millions numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

kick hitler's dad in the nuts

FYP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭comeback_kid

back to 1998 for personal reasons and to invest all my cash in apple shares :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭southcentralts

go back and grab Nicola Tesla after he was blacklisted by JP Morgan and bring him to the present to solve energy crisis, thereby solving world peace, I'm great. I should get a parade... or at least a thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭cassel16

I would go back and find out what really happened before the big bang

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I thought this was about the last Rush tour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

I'm sure if I went back and made sure something good would happen to me or stop something bad happening I would return to the present with no arms or legs or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Destroy it, as I don't see things ending well with time travel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭patrickbrophy18

Time paradoxes aside:D:

• I would go back to the beginning of the 00's and warn the country not to get caught up in the overspending spree that ultimately put us in this mess (the very much cliched "R" word:mad:).
    • I too, would invest large sums of money into Google, Microsoft, Apple and also Oracle.
    • Advise myself not to do transition year (biggest waste of time and a year I'll never get back:()
    • Prevent the once vast public transportation network in this country from being nationalized.
    • Attend some of the best festivals and concerts in history including Woodstock!:) Peace out!
    After all is done, I would go to The Clock Tower, accelerate to 88 Miles/Hour and make sure I pass The Clock Tower at the exact moment the lightning strikes.

Observe the outcome, :eek:, "You Maniacs! You blew it up! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell!":rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

I'll tell you what I'd do if I had a time machine: two chicks at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

I'd go back to 1977 and have the greatest time right up til britpop dropped

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

back in time about 10 years

I'll tell you what I'd do if I had a time machine: two chicks at the same time.

Are you sure a time machine is needed for that??? :D
    I'm sure you could put a time machine to better use, like say - cure cancer or something! :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement